Thread: I'm P'd.....

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chardicus View Post
    i personally wanted one of Anduin Lothars Swords or Shalamayne
    Lothar only had one greatsword with runes and stuff on it. Orgrim Doomhammer shattered it at the foot of Blackrock Spire right before Turalyon beats him into unconsciousness. It could work, since Turalyon continued to use Lothar's busted sword during the Alliances assault on the dark portal, I assume Turalyon still has the weapon.

Shalamayne... A really cool sword that totally would have fit for both fury and arms, because it can split into two blades. I am going to speculate that either Varian isn't dead (unlikely) or some other major lore character will receive the sword. I'm not really sure who.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    Warriors should be grateful, if I were in charge of warriors you would have gotten a room with a target dummy in it. Warriors are the lowest ranked of all melee specialties. If you were given a military rank you would all be privates.
    Or give warriors a remodeled Gurabashi Arena as the class hall. You get to do your own class designed brawler's guild and every time you take avoidable damage warriors start tossing popcorn at you from the sides of the arena.

Deleted
    I don't like the Warrior classhall personally. The thing looks more Paly themed to me with the Statues (mainly the Valkyries) . Especially the colorscheme is something that bothers me greatly.
    I would prefer Uthgarde Keep as a classhall or something similar. You Start with the Smithy as a crafting area, then you have stables followed by 2 big rooms where you can put other random stuff(lol) and then, after some stairs, you have a big open area where you could put flightpaths or portals to some regions. The rest of the instance could just be cut down accordingly to what is needed and the Vrykul-type design would have also lended itself toward the whole norse mythologything thats going on.
    In general I was kinda hoping for older Dungeons to be used as classhalls. You cleared them and took them as your own, simple. It would have been less work too (besides maybe some texturework). Since they are relatively old you wouldn't run them anyways and even if, it's not much more unusual than old raids being accessible after vanquishing the threats lurking within each of them.

Being a warrior doesn't suddenly make you more like a Vrykul. I think the dislike is warranted, if I had been assigned to a class hall for a completely unplayable and personally I think loreless race I would have been annoyed as well. I am very much a "pre-wow-lore" person and the Vrykul fall into what I classify as the "made up races to fill the new races quota" in each expansion. Just like the nightfallen who somehow no one has ever seen even though they have visited the broken isles multiple times, if the Vrykul existed then you can be sure that Arthas would have encountered them in WC3. He didn't, therefore filler race.

Warriors should be grateful, if I were in charge of warriors you would have gotten a room with a target dummy in it. Warriors are the lowest ranked of all melee specialties. If you were given a military rank you would all be privates.
    Or King.. or Warchief like most Warriors from WoW lore.

Quote Originally Posted by chardicus View Post
    Or King.. or Warchief like most Warriors from WoW lore.
    Greatest heroes always have a magic capability, you can be a warrior king all you want, you only exist by the grace of your betters.

Greatest heroes always have a magic capability, you can be a warrior king all you want, you only exist by the grace of your betters.
    There are loads of epic feats of raw warriors in warcraft actually. Like Ogrim's grandfather soloing giants, or Varian and his twin killing Onyxia (yes magic made two varians, but they beat the dragon by sheer force of arms).

In Warcraft all classes are capable of equal feats, combat wise. The greatest of mages could be beat by the greatest of warriors. The warrior may have a magic blade, but hell, absolutely everyone tends to have magic stuff, its such a normal thing in wow that its a moot point.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

It's honestly a matter of opinion.

I say from my Rogue sewer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

HAH
    at least you aren't a DK.

Even monks are getting a new one. I don't mind them reusing Acherus, but please blizz, expand it. Add some life to it. No pun intended

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    There are loads of epic feats of raw warriors in warcraft actually. Like Ogrim's grandfather soloing giants, or Varian and his twin killing Onyxia (yes magic made two varians, but they beat the dragon by sheer force of arms).

In Warcraft all classes are capable of equal feats, combat wise. The greatest of mages could be beat by the greatest of warriors. The warrior may have a magic blade, but hell, absolutely everyone tends to have magic stuff, its such a normal thing in wow that its a moot point.
    Originally a group of random footmen killed Medivh. Slightly retconned now but still..
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post

If you understood the warcraft universe you would know how powerful magic really is. The Garrosh vs Thrall fight is a perfect example. It took just 1 action to kill Garrosh and he could have done it at any time. The magic in the game is balanced to make melee classes viable. There should be far fewer magic users in the game then there are, but the ones that are there are more powerful then any warrior. Gul'dan throwing Grom against the wall is another perfect example.

Originally a group of random footmen killed Medivh. Slightly retconned now but still..
    It took a group, not 1v1. It also required Medivh to be exhausted.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Paladin one is definitely more fitting and oriented because paladins have a very set background for what the theme of the class is. Personally, I think the warrior one is just too damn beautiful to dislike (Also having a warrior main and liking vrykul doesn't hurt).

Pokemon Friend Code:2406-5530-6363 Ghost Safari! PM me to add you!

How someone thinks that a boring church is better than valhalla is way beyond me..

I like the Warrior's one more so than Paladin's, if I've got to be honest with you OP.

I don't exactly consider rows of pews more 'epic' compared to statues of past warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcell View Post
    How someone thinks that a boring church is better than valhalla is way beyond me..
    I think ultimately it comes down to imagery, and warriors don't have a set style because racially they all have their own themes. An Orcish arms warrior has nothing in common with a Dwarven Arms warrior. Two completely different lifestyles.

Even paladin's have their own imagery, Sunwalkers and Blood Knights have nothing in common. But they all have a general goal I guess, so as a warrior your general goal is to die and go to valhalla. How you go back and forth as a class hall will be left up to "the magic of development", unless you have to die to get there which would be hilarious.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talint View Post
    So I just made a Paladin on Alpha just to take a little look. What in the actual Fuck. The Paladin Class Hall is about a trillion times better than our shit warrior one. I just really needed to get this off of my chest. I'm sure the post will be taken down, and I know there is a post about our shit class hall already but what the fuck. This is night and day. Paladin > Warrior apparently........................................................

http://snag.gy/0ql1y.jpg -- Paladin

This is one TINY part of the Paladin class hall in case you were wondering......

Compared to our shit class hall.

http://snag.gy/q5qvD.jpg -- Warrior
    Hey at least you got an invite im still waiting in the wings for mine hopefully soon im gettin bored.
    You can't take what ya can't see... *rolls d20* You rolled a natural 20* The skill of stealth is successful.

Duelingnexus name: Jaina1337
    Blizzard Battle Tag: Jaina1337#1396

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    You got a shrine like thing filled with light. Shamans will be stuck in a cave. We won't see the difference between night or day.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Jack Flash View Post
    Except for the whole Thorim and the gauntlet of Glory in Ulduar, that was connected to the Vrykul who are the descendants of the Humans, whose Warriors faught for glory to be ascended by the Val'kyr to go to their Valhalla.

You know.. all that Valhalla stuff that has been in since Wrath?
    Actually no. Story wise humans are descended from Vrykul, not the other way around. As for Valhalla, Thorim's storyline didn't reference it at all. The Vrykul which followed him did fight for position, but to impress him and be deemed one of his worthy, not die in combat. It's similar, but notably has nothing to do with death or the afterlife. Pre-Legion, the closest Vrykul they had to "Valhalla" was ascension in service to the Lich King as characterized in the Howling Fjord and Icecrown. Consider too, that those factions were made up of much more than Warriors, which is another reason why the whole Vrykul-Warrior connection is tenuous at best.

In truth though, Vrkyul story is very inconsistent, partially due to the many different factions which were created (Anicent, Sea, Frost, Death, Undead, "normal", and now Broken Isles). This is yet another problem with the Legion story, as the next group of Vrykul we come across probably won't follow or reference it.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    Actually no. Story wise humans are descended from Vrykul, not the other way around.
    I meant that way, I messed up the word.

warriors have and always will worship 1 god in WoW

the titans

they are the epitome of what one person can do with their own body

the valkyr, ulduar, and their surrounding lore are the closest culture surrounding the titans on azeroth

therefore when putting 1 and 1 together you get a warrior class following valkyr doctrine to get closer to the titans