Thread: The Division

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moosie View Post
    Just crafted this...very first mp5 I craft too...DPS is a little low since none of the scopes I have will fit onto this, need to craft a new one.
    First one you crafted...

I hate you!

Deleted
    You dirty little....

What's the crit roll, show us the crit roll, I hope it's a bad one so that when you look at it, you won't feel satisfied.

Deleted
    23.50% crit roll

Deleted
    tables are flipped

I need to get a group to farm DZ rank. I just can't stand doing it by myself, too many Rogue groups running around and the mobs in DZ05-06 hit hard as hell, even with near armor cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I need to get a group to farm DZ rank. I just can't stand doing it by myself, too many Rogue groups running around and the mobs in DZ05-06 hit hard as hell, even with near armor cap.
    Just farm DZ1 and 2 and don't pick up the loot. People will often not bother with you if they see you dont have anything. Farmed yesterday and today by myself and got it pretty quickly. Had only 2 deaths, Rogues show up on the map so its pretty easy to stay away from those. Also stack increased kill xp, helps so much.

Did the Russian Consulate on Challenge mode yesterday. Yep.. the shotguns runners on that difficulty are brutal, but we got to the end and... *cough* used the portable cover to leave the area to repeatedly farm Hornet. You can see from this screenshot that we blew holes in the wall to the left to hit Hornet with relative saafety. Just have to be careful when level 28 LMB mobs can spawn behind you in the street. Ended up with 5 HE weapons from this.

Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Yeah I've seen some streamers abuse that glitch. I hate exploiting glitches but at the same time, if everyone else is doing it, ya kinda feel the need to to keep up(kinda like the steroid argument in baseball).

Deleted
    There is absolutely no need to use glitches to farm crafting mats efficiently. So no need to copycat if it bothers you.
    If it were simpler, I'd do it myself, but glitching through walls and all that kind of stuff is really not something I like to do.

BK farming was the best imho.

Anyone doing this has most likely better gear than what he can drop anyway, it's pretty much just farming crafting mats for ilvl 32 gear.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-03-28 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only glitch I find acceptable is farming Division Tech, and it's not really a glitch...

Don't really care if people abuse shit or not though.

Deleted
    Decided to make use of my Vector today and we did some CM speedruns (Lexington). More fun than I thought. We did them safely with 3x security 1x tech but managed to get it done in 7:22. Wish I had that MP5, the small magsize feels horrible.

Bulletking PC farming was faster and since you get alot of mats, more effective too, but a lot less fun.
    I want my King back for some mindless grinding.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-03-28 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    I will absolutely agree the crafted stuff should at the least have static talents. Maybe random stats.

- - - Updated - - -

Considering Ive been thirty for about a week and a half and started out at 30 with about 40k dps...I'm not sure I'd agree 80k is where new 30s start....granted maybe i did things wrong...but it is what it is. I'm just running Lexington over and over. Too bad I'm not getting lucky with the drops. I definitely understand SOME challenge modes I should be kicked from(russian consulate being one of them) but not all of them.
    Well in the time its taking u to run those CM over and over for one random yellow that will most likely be shit u could be farming DZ and getting 31 lvl purps that outperform them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish CMs had the option to drop mods or weapons, I have so much fabric...

To the regular posters here, what system are you on?
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2016-03-28 at 01:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Yeah I've seen some streamers abuse that glitch. I hate exploiting glitches but at the same time, if everyone else is doing it, ya kinda feel the need to to keep up(kinda like the steroid argument in baseball).
    Well, I joined the CM to do it legitimately. I joined in the shenanigans once it was explained though.
    Have you heard of the critically acclaimed MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV? With an expanded free trial which you can play through the entirety of A Realm Reborn and the award winning Heavensward expansion up to level 60 for free with no restrictions on playtime?

Just crafted this...very first mp5 I craft too...DPS is a little low since none of the scopes I have will fit onto this, need to craft a new one.

I crafted 12 and not a single one had a Headshot, Critical Hit Damage or even a Crit talent. What an absolute fucking waste of High End Div Tech. I'd kill for just a little bit of luck in Division.

I crafted at least 8 of those damn things and didn't get a good roll on any of them! >_<

Seriously, the crafting in this game needs to die a horrible, painful death. That and we need a more reliable way of getting High End Division Tech. HE DT has got to be one of the biggest, most obvious, and retarded ways of slowing progression that I've seen in a video game in quite some time.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I crafted 12 and not a single one had a Headshot, Critical Hit Damage or even a Crit talent. What an absolute fucking waste of High End Div Tech. I'd kill for just a little bit of luck in Division.
    I feel ya man.

- - - Updated - - -

I was running around the open PvE world tonight collecting crafting mats because I didn't feel like doing any DZ, and I agree with what others have said......Massive needs to do SOMETHING with the PvE world at lvl 30. It's so empty, boring, and useless once you've reached lvl 30 and collected all the intel and did all the side missions/encounters. Even Destiny did a better job of keeping people in the open PvE world longer than what The Division has done. Here's to hoping they add some endgame level content in it for people to do in the upcoming DLCs (and preferably stuff that you can do either solo or in a group).
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2016-03-28 at 08:13 AM.

Deleted
    Found out today that weapons have different firearms multipliers.... THIS GAME MAN... nothing gets explained, NUTHING. Gawd, damn it.
    Why did they even do this? The stat menu said "1% for each Firearms".

Well in the time its taking u to run those CM over and over for one random yellow that will most likely be shit u could be farming DZ and getting 31 lvl purps that outperform them.
    That's not really true, lvl 31 purps are as good as lvl 30 HEs but without talents, which can improve your DPS alot.
    30 HEs can roll ~515 main stat or something like that, so can lvl 31 purples(?). But the Major attributes are higher on HEs and the talents add another ~20% dmg and alot of survivalbility.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-03-28 at 10:37 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt0193 View Post
    I just lucked out, I crafted well over 100 vectors and got absolutely nothing, was running around with deadly as the only worthwhile talent until I got this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    I crafted at least 8 of those damn things and didn't get a good roll on any of them! >_<

Seriously, the crafting in this game needs to die a horrible, painful death. That and we need a more reliable way of getting High End Division Tech. HE DT has got to be one of the biggest, most obvious, and retarded ways of slowing progression that I've seen in a video game in quite some time.
    Personally, I like crafting in this game, and i'm not saying that because of the mp5. It's fun to farm stuff and try your luck on items. You'll curse to high heavens when you get shit, but once in a while you'll get that gem, and the rush is well worth all the shit you crafted.

I'll give it you tho, HE DT is annoying as fuck to farm, but it's really the only thing keeping people playing at the moment. Even though I have everything, ill still go around, farming HE DT, hopping servers until I find unlooted nodes, just for the chance to get a 2% increase over my current. It's what makes the game fun. People saying that crafted items need static talents are just idiots and that removes almost all the fun out of crafting, they might as well just spoon feed you the items at that point.

Just to add, if you are planning on trying to farm parts, don't use the PVE world, it's pointless. Go on youtube and find a solid DT DZ route and follow it. You can then turn blue DT into yellow parts (NOT HE DT). I found this much quicker and was killing 2 birds with 1 stone.
    Last edited by mmoca8c3a8c487; 2016-03-28 at 11:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I sorta feel bad for the folks on PC. I hear so many complaints about cheaters and griefers. On the XB1, I have yet to encounter anything of the sort.

The only thing I do see, are people who will go rogue and hold up on a roof near an alley where there is only 1 entrance to access the rogues. The rogues will sit in their spot, and kill any and all who dare to challenge them.

Which people have actually complained about that too. But I see absolutely nothing wrong with it. The rogues in that spot cannot kill you, if you do not willingly walk right up to them. They are not stopping anyone from going about their business.

But yeah, on the XB1, not too many people go rogue, and if they do, it turns out to be a fun little game of cat and mouse for a little bit till everyone gets tired of it, then goes about their day.

I sorta feel like what I am seeing on the XB1 is how the Dev's intended the dark zone to work out.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    The worst part about the crafting is that so many weapon talents are obviously just there to fuck with you and make "decent" guns rarer. A huge number of them do nothing, or have 1800+ requirements in all three stats, likely making any talent not worth it.

I wish people would stop defending this kind of shit, seemingly just because they want to pat themselves on the back for enduring it. Blargh.
    I honestly just hit DZ rank 30 yesterday. I have 14 HE DT, and have hardly been looking for it. Once I hit 50 and can start picking up Blueprints, I don't think i'll have much trouble gearing up.

But, I play on XB1, where it appears it is the most peaceful, and easiest to gear up on.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.