Thread: The Division

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    If they wanted that... They maybe should have ... yanno.. made a second game.

I really don't have any reason to believe that Division 2 is a new game. The interface is identical, the systems (picking up stuff/craftables/etc) are the, the weapons are almost the same. Different map and story, that's about it. I mean really, if the second game has the same interface graphical glitches that the first one did... Is it really a new game?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the beta when it wasn't crashing, but it just... doesn't feel like a sequel.
    Indeed.

The main problem I have with the sequel is the removal of content. The Underground, Survival, HVT/HRT missions, Resistance, etc., none of it will be there at launch; so it is a literal step backwards in terms of what activities are available to players. I assume its highly likely similar content will be coming for The Division 2, but it will be under the guise of "new content"... Such that instead of getting actual new content, we will be getting rehashed versions of the old content.

Especially since they hyped up the fact that the year one DLC will be free... Given the absence of that old content, that makes it seem highly probable to me that the year one DLC will mostly, if not entirely, be that old content. Then they will start charging for the new content after.

Still going to play the game, but I find the above bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Indeed.

The main problem I have with the sequel is the removal of content. The Underground, Survival, HVT/HRT missions, Resistance, etc., none of it will be there at launch; so it is a literal step backwards in terms of what activities are available to players. I assume its highly likely similar content will be coming for The Division 2, but it will be under the guise of "new content"... Such that instead of getting actual new content, we will be getting rehashed versions of the old content.

Especially since they hyped up the fact that the year one DLC will be free... Given the absence of that old content, that makes it seem highly probable to me that the year one DLC will mostly, if not entirely, be that old content. Then they will start charging for the new content after.

Still going to play the game, but I find the above bothersome.
    just like destiny 2 launched with a lot less content than state of destiny 1 with all the dlc

Quote Originally Posted by apelsinjuice View Post
    just like destiny 2 launched with a lot less content than state of destiny 1 with all the dlc
    And that was definitely a bad move given the player reception I like The Division, but i am happy about waiting for an "everything in" edition for a smaller price. Likely will do the same with the sequel.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing the Division 2 Beta (And lack of other games atm) made me re-download Division.

Is there anything to do in the game or a meta or goal to do single player without the DLC? Though apparently I can get a season pass for $18
    Last edited by chazus; 2019-02-15 at 01:08 AM.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing the Division 2 Beta (And lack of other games atm) made me re-download Division.

Is there anything to do in the game or a meta or goal to do single player without the DLC? Though apparently I can get a season pass for $18
    Division 1 solo is unfortunately pretty bad without DLC. You can run the story, and that's decent all the way to the end, but then it's all group content or the Dark Zone PvP.

The Survival and Underground DLCs were where the meat of solo content was, really. And even that was fairly repetitive. Survival mode just needed to be available permanent as a "hard mode" on the base game or something.

10+ Year Old Account

Resistance, legendary missions.

There's the shield rewards: https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/0...ivision-2-TCTD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Division 1 solo is unfortunately pretty bad without DLC. You can run the story, and that's decent all the way to the end, but then it's all group content or the Dark Zone PvP.

The Survival and Underground DLCs were where the meat of solo content was, really. And even that was fairly repetitive. Survival mode just needed to be available permanent as a "hard mode" on the base game or something.
    I guess the question is it worth $18 until I decide on Div2?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

It's a good time to pick it up since there's a global event starting the 19th which is a great way to get geared out if you can hit max level before then. (Power leveling someone to max takes 3-4 hours max.) I'm still not a fan of the survival DLC, but I love the Underground.
    Quote Originally Posted by downnola View Post
    me: wow, why am I tired and feel like shit?
    body: coffee is not a meal, drink some water
    body: eat a vegetable.
    body: sleep
    me: I guess we'll never know
    body: oh my god.

10+ Year Old Account
    It really depends on what you want. I'm a 98% solo player, and I enjoyed the 20 or 30 hours of leveling and exploring the city, before the DLC came out, but then felt stuck. The Underground and Survival DLC helped (especially the latter), but both are repetitive; Underground is kind of like Diablo 3 rifts, in concept, randomized dungeons. But they're also much less varied, really, and not in a way that's really good; the rooms might fit together differently, but the combat takes place in single rooms.

In the end, I decided the endgame really wasn't the kind of game I'm interested in. I tried Destiny 2 and ran into the same issue as a solo player. If you play with friends all the time, it's gonna be way different and this is all totally subjective, I just felt The Division wasn't really catering to solo play, it ALLOWS it, but it's not really a focus and it shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mind you, I already -have- and played the game. I think I have mostly ~380 gear (I have no idea where that is ilvl wise). Im just wondering if I should bother playing or not just to pass time.

Mind you, I already -have- and played the game. I think I have mostly ~380 gear (I have no idea where that is ilvl wise). Im just wondering if I should bother playing or not just to pass time.
    Ah, misunderstood you. The ilevel cap is 291 so you're prolly at 280. If you still have any classified sets or exotic weapons you're interested in or you're looking for the challenge of completing some achievements I definitely think it's worth coming back to do some of the shield commendations and score 2 classified pieces, 1 exotic, a bunch of div tech and phoenix credits each. It allowed me to finish some sets, upgrade them, and play with some new builds. I'm not sure how thoroughly you've played/farmed stuff or even if that's of interest to you, though. It certainly revitalized my interest in the game after a year off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    the challenge of completing some achievements I definitely think it's worth coming back to do some of the shield commendations and score 2 classified pieces, 1 exotic, a bunch of div tech and phoenix credits each.
    How do I go about doing those? The game has never really been very good at "Do this and get this"

How do I go about doing those? The game has never really been very good at "Do this and get this"
    It'll be the first list when you hit escape then click on the commendation tab. One you get for free for having completed the main base wings and it's retroactive (I'm assuming you did that since it's something most people do) while the others are easy but you have to start from scratch. Here's a pretty basic rundown:

https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/0...ivision-2-TCTD

If you're just looking to bang some of them out, I'd recommend setting the world tier to 1 for a few of them. I had never done Resistance before, but when I saw "Rebel - Get to wave 15 in Resistance" I did a quick Google search, saw the recommendation to set the world difficulty to tier 1, and one shotted wave 15 of the battleship one resistance instance on the pier with a basic nomad build without full classified. It's cool how some of them play into others; doing that wave 15 got me 6 of the 10 bosses I needed for the WSP part of "Avenger – Take out 10 named bosses in Manhattan, 10 in the Dark Zone and 10 in the West Side Piers area." Doing "Deadeye – Complete all weekly HVT’s within a week" will get you the Manhattan bosses from Avenger, and you'll get the Dark Zone ones from doing "Hazard – Clear 25 landmarks in the Dark Zone." I'd recommend you do some of the other shields before starting Deadeye, since you'll need to get the target intel currency from some of your shield caches (unless you happen to have a bunch stockpiled) before you start Deadeye in order to make sure you complete it in a week.

If you have a few friends to run with, the caches' contents are shareable if you get one while grouped up, so a few friends and I ran a lot of the content together and ended up getting people full or close to full sets of classified depending on what their builds were. And Warlord exotics, so, so many Warlords...

Additionally, completing the shields does reward cosmetic stuff in the Division 2. The coolest (imo) is the weapon skin (i'm not sure what it looks like tbh but most of the other cosmetics weren't all that interesting to me unlike weapon skins) which you get by completing your first 2 shield caches.

If you're looking for someone to run with and/or want some help I'd be happy to play if we're on at the same times.

EDIT: Also I'd recommend not looting anything in the Dark Zone while working on Hazard since usually people will leave you alone if you run into them while clearing landmarks and they can see you haven't picked anything up (obviously if something cool drops, grab it and try to extract). I usually run around clearing the 5 landmarks in DZ1 and leave piles of unlooted items around and then if I find something really cool I snag that and fill my inventory with random stuff quickly so there's less of a chance that I'll lose the cool item if someone jumps me. (I'm garbage at pvp in this game so I rarely win fights and usually it's 2 or 3 v 1 anyway.) People may kill you anyway because they're shitbags or achievement farming, but what can you do.
    Last edited by sibut; 2019-02-15 at 02:34 AM.

Some interesting stuff in this. It almost feels like they are going for more of a destiny style '3 classes' idea whereas in the first everyone was just a division agent with different gadgets.

that legendary shield.. fang I think? is nuts. they have hunters showing up randomly O_O 2 missions left for me and just.... I have no idea how i'm going to manage UN... SO and i had to redo the last part of grand central half a dozen times :/

aaand - done. holy mother of, some of that was downright evil O_O
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2019-02-24 at 04:17 PM.

Yeah UN was kinda funky tbh, especially with this damn med boss and his health stations. Did that shield on the weekend, too. Grand Central was so damn easy after the first shotgunner part.
    oh, honey.

the weird thing is, UN wasn't too bad. we got lucky and didn't get any hunters there, and hubs knew of a spot in a middle that's awesome to hide from a copter (and we didn't even bother with turrets, too exposed, just whittled it down with regular gunfire), has ammo box and enough walls to deal with trash packs.

Madison garden was... rough though. the worst part of I think it WAS UN actualy is when you clear through the basement and we killed the last wave, missing (thank goodness) advanced and then a bunch of shot gunners spawned on every side and kinda kicked our butts :P thankfully, the game took pity on us and dropped as past that particular area, but.. eeeesh. there are so many of those tricky "gotcha!" spots too, like in Amherst - we figured, one of us staying in an apartment should be safe, right? WRONG. there is a pack that spawns directly behind you. sigh.....

I'm so glad its over now. that was the shield I worried the most about, so having it finished is.. a relief. and a point of pride, damn it!

P.S. its kinda funny how you found the mission that gave us so much trouble - easy, meanwhile the mission you found difficult, went mostly very smoothly for us :P