Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

What is racist ? Post 2015.

Seems like a dog mb question, but I am genuinely curious.

- no black nominees at the oscars
    - saying "you people".
    - having a sexual preference that takes into account skin pigment.
    - admitting that a crime was committed by a person belonging to a non white demographic.
    And so on.

Normally, I'd say none of these were racist in its own. Sure, the motivation behind it can be racist, but that is seperate and another issue all together. But according to what I have seen on some vids, forums and talking with people, all of that is racist (depending on who you ask )

So now I'm a tad bit confused.

If I am arguing with a white banker ,and I say "i can't win with you people ". Am I racist?
    If I am arguing with a black person, and I say " I can't win with you people". Am I racist?

If one year, there are no white nominees at the oscars. Is that racist?
    If one year, there are no black nominees. Is that racist?

If I am of one demographic and I find women from the same demographic better looking. Am I racist?
    If I find women from an opposite demographic more sexy, am I racist?

The stem if these questions comes from here as well as other things I have seen. There was s student who got expelled for 2 years because he basically said he didn't think black girls are hot. And that guy "I forget his name" who had a radio show and when he said " you people " sharpton and some woman jumped all over it.

So can someone educate me on the rules behind this? Cause it is starting to seem like there are no rules and it's basically dependent on whether or not people like you or not.

Racism, prejudice and discrimination are terms people get mixed up a lot.

rac·ism
    ˈrāˌsizəm/
    noun
    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

In conversation, knowing whether or not something is racist is based upon the intent behind it. Of course, it can hard to gauge a person's intent through imprecise language, hence miscommunication.

If you say "I can't win with you people" because you believe x race is somehow inferior and can not see reason or that there are no black nominees at the oscars because black people have inferior acting skills, that would make you racist.

The end. Hopefully I clarified some things for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

rac·ism
    ˈrāˌsizəm/
    noun
    the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

In conversation, knowing whether or not something is racist is based upon the intent behind it. Of course, it can hard to gauge a person's intent through imprecise language, hence miscommunication.

If you say "I can't win with you people" because you believe x race is somehow inferior and can not see reason or that there are no black nominees at the oscars because black people have inferior acting skills, that would make you racist.

Thanks. That is what I figured too. It's just that from what I have seen at all levels, whether people call you racist or not seems to be based on how they feel about you at the time.

Easier to make a list of what isn't racist.

Here it is:
    1. Negative comments about white people.

Err, I think that covers all the things that are not racist.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you feel like you're forced to walk on eggshells to not be racist then you're probably a racist.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    If you feel like you're forced to walk on eggshells to not be racist then you're probably a racist.
    Which means almost everyone that is white is racist.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

Ask a question based on observations.

Implied I am racist.

WYRT seems to have a point.

Out in the real world, where people on the internet doesnt dictate anything based on their own retardation. Noone normal cares about any of those things. If you happend to find some diehard SJW that didnt get the memo that they should keep their fetishes on the internet, most will indeed laugh/cringe/ignore anything they say. Dont worry about it OP, being racist isnt something that automatically ends your social life, truth be told, most are racists to some extend.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Out in the real world, where people on the internet doesnt dictate anything based on their own retardation. Noone normal cares about any of those things. If you happend to find some diehard SJW that didnt get the memo that they should keep their fetishes on the internet, most will indeed laugh/cringe/ignore anything they say. Dont worry about it OP, being racist isnt something that automatically ends your social life, truth be told, most are racists to some extend.
    Only really matters if you're actually in the spotlight.
    Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/onlyjoshintv
    Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCn2...7AE0NG5sjbjYPw

Content centres around Lost Ark currently

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Easier to make a list of what isn't racist.

Here it is:
    1. Negative comments about white people.

Err, I think that covers all the things that are not racist.
    Actually, that is racist too, unless you are one, I guess.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

According to internet forums, nothing is racist. Except accusing people of racism, which is racism against racism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

How come everything white has to include black people but black people can have black exclusive shit like BET awards. Would it help if we changed the Oscars to WET awards?

I'm pretty sure thinking black people should include white people makes me racist.

Also I don't find black women sexually attractive so I am racist. I can prove this is racist because I am fine with Indian (as in from India) women even if they are dark skinned.

Discrimination based on race.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrStiglit View Post
    How come everything white has to include black people but black people can have black exclusive shit like BET awards. Would it help if we changed the Oscars to WET awards?
    Because according to some fringe regressive left, white people are the ruling devils of this world who are responsible for all bad things that have ever happened. You dont have to include them in anything and you can take away everything from them because that would classify as punching up. Somehow, somewhere it is widely accepted as fact that all white males are all evil capitalistic patriarchal CEO tyrants who control everything and keep all minorities down, except asians.

Fucked up I know but that is how some people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post

rac·ism
    ˈrāˌsizəm/
    noun

Look being racist is both easy and hard to see at the same time. Some people are open about it and others are subtle about it, personally as a half caste, I think people of each race have advantages and disadvantages, but we are still equal. Being racist subtlety is to for example, say "Oh I thought that all blacks at least had some street smarts and behave as if that were the case with them" or try and lump you with the other black person in the group because you are black, even when you are not into black people but have (admittedly) an interest with asians, or showing hints of believing the one drop rule. These are just the examples of subtle racism I faced form time to time.

However, Me and my step-father both insulted each other racially but he was not racist and both my younger siblings love him. He calls me nigger and I call him white gurilla because he a short stocky Irishman. So racism comes in many forms so you can't assume it's all black and white.

Everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and you have to point it all out!
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

Quote Originally Posted by FiveDkp View Post
    Only really matters if you're actually in the spotlight.
    which, lets be real, not many of us from the esteemed forums of MMO-champ will end up being. Allthough, even then it comes down to your peers, in Denmark, not many have issues with small amount of racism, even in the political scene. Quite frankly, its perfectly acceptable here. Just find the right place where clowns havent dictated what you can and cannot discuss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Racism is like, one of the old things in the world which doesn't make sense to me anymore. Normally used by people in my opinion, who has a little problem with themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Simulacrum View Post
    Everything is sexist, everything is racist, everything is homophobic, and you have to point it all out!
    Welcome to the internet, where those three words has sub-created words to their meaning, and are considered another creation of same attitude.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

This isn't often true at all though - especially when there's a growing movement of people specifically looking to shut down any and all debates that they happen to dislike by throwing the term 'racist' around. Many of those same individuals are, ironically, some of the least tolerant people out there when it comes to anything that isn't classed as a 'minority'.