Page 45 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Finally finished all 9 games after 551 hours.

I would rank them
    zero/azure
    cs3
    cs4
    cs2
    cs1
    sc
    fc
    3rd

Looking forward to reverie and kuro now

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Finally finished all 9 games after 551 hours.

I would rank them
    zero/azure
    cs3
    cs4
    cs2
    cs1
    sc
    fc
    3rd

Looking forward to reverie and kuro now
    Surprised CS3 and CS4 are that high. What did you like about them?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hd crossbell, pretty good qol changes. pleasant graphics, good music. I only put 3 higher because it had a better overall ost and I liked chapter 2 a lot. But cs4 was more fun because it had less side quests and a non annoying final dungeon.

I know you're vocal about not liking 3 and 4 but 1 was a bit too slow and 2 had a lot of tell don't show

I think cs4 was a major disappointment. Just so much filler.

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    I think cs4 was a major disappointment. Just so much filler.
    This is a CS problem in general.

CS1/2 and CS3/4 should of been 2 games instead of 4 they are padded the fuck out to tell a story that could easily fit in a single game and all 4 games suffer because of it. Almost all of the biggest flaws in the CS arc are because of the padding.

But hey, falcom got to have some yearly release to shovel out so it is what it is. Just remember the ending of CS1 you get a fully functioning mech battle system for the grand total of like 5 mins before the game ends on a cliffhanger like ok dude. Any other dev would get slaughtered for pulling stunts like this but trails fandom gives falcom passes for being "small" but even other niche Japanese devs don't pull shit like this.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2022-07-23 at 10:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Only thing I was disappointed with was the ost aside from alster and geofront. Cs3 has a much more solid ost overall

10+ Year Old Account
    I've only played Trails in the Sky FC, would it be a problem if I played Trails From Azure when that comes out in September? Probably won't get around to SC and 3rd before Azure releases due to Xenoblade 3 and Soul Hackers 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    I've only played Trails in the Sky FC, would it be a problem if I played Trails From Azure when that comes out in September? Probably won't get around to SC and 3rd before Azure releases due to Xenoblade 3 and Soul Hackers 2.
    Hm... well Zero is pretty much a filler story, but it does introduce the SSS and sets up Lloyd's subplot about his brother. So you would miss the introductions, and the Lloyd subplot coming to the forefront in Ao might come out of nowhere. But otherwise you would be fine just jumping into Ao. That being said, be warned I think it's one of the worst Trails games. It's 60 hours long but nothing happens until the first half of the final chapter. And then the last 5 hours made me want to tear my hair out. Trying not to poison the well here, but if you want an enjoyable standalone JRPG then I'd recommend Zero over Ao.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, Ao has character spoilers for Trails in the Sky, if you care about that. If you're going to play the whole series anyway then you might want to hold off on Ao.

Do you mean Zero? That’s the one out in September. Azure is next year.

Should be fine to start with zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Do you mean Zero? That’s the one out in September. Azure is next year.

Should be fine to start with zero.
    Ah yeah that's what I meant, thanks!

15+ Year Old Account
    If youre going to play the series i think playing cs 1-2 before zero and azure is actually better because azure spoils a lot of the end of cs 1 and 2. You'll also get some neat cameos. Sc and 3rd were kind of a slog but sc has the best moment in the series still

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    If youre going to play the series i think playing cs 1-2 before zero and azure is actually better because azure spoils a lot of the end of cs 1 and 2. You'll also get some neat cameos. Sc and 3rd were kind of a slog but sc has the best moment in the series still
    I feel like playing the games in the order they were released is generally the best way to play any series.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    I feel like playing the games in the order they were released is generally the best way to play any series.
    Sure but they didn't exactly give us a choice outside of japan

CS3: Progress through area towards the end. Beat stuff and suddenly a enemy that you can't beat. *swoop* in comes old members from nowhere and helps you out. Ok.
    Next progress through area, beat baddies and suddenly enemies you can't defeat *swoop* in comes old party members and saves the day... Again????
    Progress though next area. Baddies strewn across the wayside after our carnage. Defeat bosses and suddenly a new boss appears who is too much for you. *swoop* in comes old party members and saves the day.... This is fucking ridiculous...

CS4: Big bad: Imma let you pass if you can defeat me! Villain is suddenly friendly: Imma fight you so you can prove if you are ready to continue! etcetcetc. Faux fights everywhere in CS4. Think more or less every fight was turned into some bullshit trial.

Those 2 games are a cancer stain upon the series. CS1 also for being such a cheap imitation of Persona, although keeping it's Trails style when our of school

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    This is a CS problem in general.

CS1/2 and CS3/4 should of been 2 games instead of 4 they are padded the fuck out to tell a story that could easily fit in a single game and all 4 games suffer because of it. Almost all of the biggest flaws in the CS arc are because of the padding.

But hey, falcom got to have some yearly release to shovel out so it is what it is. Just remember the ending of CS1 you get a fully functioning mech battle system for the grand total of like 5 mins before the game ends on a cliffhanger like ok dude. Any other dev would get slaughtered for pulling stunts like this but trails fandom gives falcom passes for being "small" but even other niche Japanese devs don't pull shit like this.
    I do agree, but cs4 was filler to a whole new level. Like most of the first half isn't even needed at all. It wasn't matter of it being "padded", it added 0 to the story at all. The "filler" in cs 1 and 3 were at least stuff involving character development somewhat.

New trailer for Kuro no Kiseki II

- - - Updated - - -

Also, CLE's PC port of Kuro 2 is slated to be coming out one month later. Given how quickly Kuro 1 was fan translated, and a patch inserting the translation into CLE's PC port happened last month, then a fan translation patch for Kuro 2 might happen within a few months. A fan translation patch exists for Hajimari too, so within a few months you could catch up and play the three Trails games that haven't been translated yet, if you are willing to put up without Durante's PC port optimizations.

Also, CLE's PC port of Kuro 2 is slated to be coming out one month later. Given how quickly Kuro 1 was fan translated, and a patch inserting the translation into CLE's PC port happened last month, then a fan translation patch for Kuro 2 might happen within a few months. A fan translation patch exists for Hajimari too, so within a few months you could catch up and play the three Trails games that haven't been translated yet, if you are willing to put up without Durante's PC port optimizations.
    What is CLE? Link?

Quote Originally Posted by blackpink View Post
    What is CLE? Link?
    Clouded Leopard Entertainment, the company that localizes falcom games for China and does PC port for them.

Unless you're desperate I wouldn't play those shitty pushed in "translations" the community mods anyways. I struggle to even call them fan translations cause there is no editing done at all and they are basically machine translated.

New trailer for the anime set during the Erebonian annexation of North Ambria in year 1205.

Thankfully it looks like most of the cast are anime original, so there's hope for a decent bodycount. They don't have to live to appear in the games that take place after the annexation.

Looks like they might be pulling a page from Gundam Thunderbolt and will show how terrifying the hero and his mecha are to normal people on the ground. Then again it might just be a trailer misrepresentative of what we will actually get. Not holding my breath.

I almost forgot this series is even a thing ha. Taking forever to get over here in the west.