Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    For me in general I dislike that stories make you start deep into the story then track back by saying stuff like "6 months ago" like the start of Trails of Cold Steel where it was very advance in the story. Now I am at the start of chapter 4 and that major event didn't even started.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    For me in general I dislike that stories make you start deep into the story then track back by saying stuff like "6 months ago" like the start of Trails of Cold Steel where it was very advance in the story. Now I am at the start of chapter 4 and that major event didn't even started.
    Thats kinda massive problem this game had. It teases you with something that "looks" important making you focusing on it even more, only to throw far too much of uneventful buildup for first half of game. The beggining of trails in the sky was much better, because it simply set up characters, while foreshadowing future events in much more subtle manner.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Thats kinda massive problem this game had. It teases you with something that "looks" important making you focusing on it even more, only to throw far too much of uneventful buildup for first half of game. The beggining of trails in the sky was much better, because it simply set up characters, while foreshadowing future events in much more subtle manner.
    Yeah I agree but yeah that is not the main thing I dislike about Cold Steel but yeah it's one of them definitely.

What really piss me off the most is the restriction it's way too much... yeah Sky also had those restriction but far less and the world exploring is way bigger which is what I like the most when it comes to JRPG.

For example, in Trails of the Cold Steel in chapter 3 when I was in Nord the Highlands area (Home of Gaius), I got the optional quest that require me to kill a monster in the northern Highland so when I tried to go there immediately nope....I couldn't because I have to go to the elder house to talk about the main questline first and go to another place before that... I mean come on... you give me something optional so why not letting me do it the way I wanted to do really? these kind of restriction is kinda annoying tbh.

Nevertheless it's still a very good JRPG and I like it so much and I like the tensions slowly building up.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2018-02-10 at 03:40 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I reached chapter 5. I am happy to see things are getting more and more interesting. Just finished the duel with the awesome bad ass Victor Arseid. I think I did okayish against consider this is my first walktrough not NG+, I managed to get his hp to 50% then he did his super attack and obliterate me haha.

I wish to see a duel between him and Cassius Bright now that will be epic haha. I think if Cassius still using his sword they will be equal or maybe Cassius will win but if he is using a staff? yeah I think Victor will win. I also wish to see a duel between Victor and Loewe.

Also whenever I see Rufus Albarea I remember Schneizel from Code Geass anime:

I just hope he doesn't end up being a villain or something because yeah I have a hunch that he might be one of the big baddies in the series or something.
    Last edited by Velshin; 2018-02-10 at 03:44 AM.

I reached chapter 5. I am happy to see things are getting more and more interesting. Just finished the duel with the awesome bad ass Victor Arseid. I think I did okayish against consider this is my first walktrough not NG+, I managed to get his hp to 50% then he did his super attack and obliterate me haha.

I wish to see a duel between him and Cassius Bright now that will be epic haha. I think if Cassius still using his sword they will be equal or maybe Cassius will win but if he is using a staff? yeah I think Victor will win. I also wish to see a duel between Victor and Loewe.

Also whenever I see Rufus Albarea I remember Schneizel from Code Geass anime:

I just hope he doesn't end up being a villain or something because yeah I have a hunch that he might be one of the big baddies in the series or something.
    I didn't think someone would point out the similarities to Code Geass this early...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I didn't think someone would point out the similarities to Code Geass this early...
    Haha oh well might be because I played waaay too much RPGs and JRPGs and watched a lot of anime. :P

Yeah Trails of Cold Steel for me looks so similar to Code Geass specially when it comes of the Noble Houses conflicts with the Reformists and these stuff.

Also another thing that looks so similar to Code Geass the dark cloaked masked man which is called C doesn't he looks like Zero from Code Geass?

Also another thing that looks so similar to Code Geass the dark cloaked masked man which is called C doesn't he looks like Zero from Code Geass?
    C and the ILF feel like they are pretty homage to the Black Knights as a whole. They're even fighting to overthrow the bloody absolutist dictator Charles Osborne!

10+ Year Old Account
    C and the ILF feel like they are pretty homage to the Black Knights as a whole. They're even fighting to overthrow the bloody absolutist dictator Charles Osborne!
    Indeed! I also loved and enjoyed my adventure in Lohengrin Castle. I noticed something (maybe it was a bug or something) after I defeated the boss there (the Nosferatu guy look like Death from old Castlevania games :P) then the orbs glowing and stunned all the characters with electricity all of them except one character Gaius. He was on his knees just like the other characters but there was no electricity seems binding him at all as if he wasn't as affected by it as the others.

Is that a bug? because no one seems noticed it at all.

Indeed! I also loved and enjoyed my adventure in Lohengrin Castle. I noticed something (maybe it was a bug or something) after I defeated the boss there (the Nosferatu guy look like Death from old Castlevania games :P) then the orbs glowing and stunned all the characters with electricity all of them except one character Gaius. He was on his knees just like the other characters but there was no electricity seems binding him at all as if he wasn't as affected by it as the others.

Is that a bug? because no one seems noticed it at all.
    Given the limits of Falcom's animations at the time, there are two interpretations. One, is that Gaius was on the edge of orbal field and knocked back when it activated. He event grunts as if he is in pain when this happens. The second interpretation (and the one I prefer) is that Gaius was tipped off by the orb's activation sound and just barely jumped back in time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Given the limits of Falcom's animations at the time, there are two interpretations. One, is that Gaius was on the edge of orbal field and knocked back when it activated. He event grunts as if he is in pain when this happens. The second interpretation (and the one I prefer) is that Gaius was tipped off by the orb's activation sound and just barely jumped back in time.
    Yeah man I prefer your second interpretation. I even watched it so many times in youtube just to make sure if my version is somehow bugged or something haha. :P but yeah it is indeed interesting and I will not be surprised if Gaius is like one of the strongest of the main characters because you know mostly in anime/JRPGs those are so kind and humble tend to be soooooo strong. :P

So yeah who do you think the strongest between Victor Arseid, Cassius Bright, and Leowe.

So yeah who do you think the strongest between Victor Arseid, Cassius Bright, and Leowe.
    Here is my tier list.

Loewe is at the bottom of the list. He is indeed called the Sword Emperor, but later information reveals that he was actually trained by an even more powerful warrior. Said character has a cameo in ToCS1, and appears in ToCS2 and Ao no Kiseki. I'd place him in the same category as Richard and Arios MacClaine.

Victor Arseid eats Enforcers for breakfast, and is implied to be at least equivalent to Cassius Bright with a staff. That said, it's hard to determine the upper limits of his power, as I have yet to have seen him encounter any serious opposition. The enemies he faces are different in nature than those Cassius fought, which makes comparing them difficult. It is possible that he is powerful as Cassius with a sword.

Yun Ka Fai taught the Eight Leaves One Blade technique, but the series has shown that people can exceed their masters in ability. For example: Dan taught Cassius how to use the staff, and is obviously nowhere near as strong as his student. Another example would be how master Ryuuga taught Zin and Walter Taito, and yet his students became far more powerful than he ever was. In the same vein, it is possible that Yun Ka Fai may simply be a teacher of the art, but not the ultimate practitioner of it. I'd say he is at least Richard/Arios tier.

As far as I am aware, Cassius Bright wielding a sword is canonically the most powerful character in the series, rivaled only by a certain someone from Ao no Kiseki and ToCS2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here is my tier list.

Loewe is at the bottom of the list. He is indeed called the Sword Emperor, but later information reveals that he was actually trained by an even more powerful warrior. Said character has a cameo in ToCS1, and appears in ToCS2 and Ao no Kiseki. I'd place him in the same category as Richard and Arios MacClaine.
    ToCS2.

Since I still didn't finish ToCS1 I will just comment here.

I have to disagree that Richard is the same as Loewe. I remember in Sky FC the last dungeon when both Richard and Leowe killing those Archaisms machines they were indeed pretty equal but then Richard told Loewe that no need to hold back and acknowledged him being more superior than him.

Also we must not forget how he was able to disable a powered up Weissman with the Aureole barrier with his sword. Damn I forgot the name of his sword I remember it was so powerful some kind of demonic sword or something like that can't remember sorry

Since I still didn't finish ToCS1 I will just comment here.

I have to disagree that Richard is the same as Loewe. I remember in Sky FC the last dungeon when both Richard and Leowe killing those Archaisms machines they were indeed pretty equal but then Richard told Loewe that no need to hold back and acknowledged him being more superior than him.

Also we must not forget how he was able to disable a powered up Weissman with the Aureole barrier with his sword. Damn I forgot the name of his sword I remember it was so powerful some kind of demonic sword or something like that can't remember sorry
    Loewe was using a magical weapon(Kernviter) given to him by the Grandmaster. I just rewatched the scene in FC in the depths, and it just sounds like Richard being humble and resisting the urge to boast. Discounting artifacts and going off of individual skill alone, I'd place Loewe on the same level as at least Arios MacClaine, the Divine Blade of the Wind. Richard appeared to be of a similar power level going off of the techniques he used in FC and the 3rd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Loewe was using a magical weapon(Kernviter) given to him by the Grandmaster. I just rewatched the scene in FC in the depths, and it just sounds like Richard being humble and resisting the urge to boast. Discounting artifacts and going off of individual skill alone, I'd place Loewe on the same level as at least Arios MacClaine, the Divine Blade of the Wind. Richard appeared to be of a similar power level going off of the techniques he used in FC and the 3rd.
    I see! thanks for the info man ! Damn I like them both of them are my favorite of the Sky series ! Leowe and Richard ! haha

Also I can't help but noticed so many similarities between Rean and Joshua who do you think will win 1 vs 1?

Rean without his transformation of course will be nothing compare to even FC amnesiac Joshua let alone the Joshua of the end of SC in Sky. But if Rean transformed I think it will be an interesting fight.

I see! thanks for the info man ! Damn I like them both of them are my favorite of the Sky series ! Leowe and Richard ! haha

Also I can't help but noticed so many similarities between Rean and Joshua who do you think will win 1 vs 1?

Rean without his transformation of course will be nothing compare to even FC amnesiac Joshua let alone the Joshua of the end of SC in Sky. But if Rean transformed I think it will be an interesting fight.
    Depends on how old Rean is. In CS1 and CS2, Rean is a seasoned veteran, versus a shadowy assassin who was trained by the most dangerous and elite organization in the world and fought and killed hundreds of people. Assuming Rean didn't die immediately in the initial ambush, I think he could put up a decent fight. That said, I do think Joshua would win out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how old Rean is. In CS1 and CS2, Rean is a seasoned veteran, versus a shadowy assassin who was trained by the most dangerous and elite organization in the world and fought and killed hundreds of people. Assuming Rean didn't die immediately in the initial ambush, I think he could put up a decent fight. That said, I do think Joshua would win out.
    Yeah I do think so as well, because without the ambush element in SC Sky Mueller Vander was willing to go all out against Joshua 1 vs 1 when he mentioned Hamel and even he wasn't so sure about the result of the fight if continued.

Also about Sky 3rd did you try bringing Richard at the Loewe fight? both of them will have a nice dialog and Richard even called Leowe by his previous title in FC " First Lieutenant Lorence" I really liked these tid bits.

Also about Sky 3rd did you try bringing Richard at the Loewe fight? both of them will have a nice dialog and Richard even called Leowe by his previous title in FC " First Lieutenant Lorence" I really liked these tid bits.
    I brought Mueller and Olivier on my first playthrough (if you bring both, they have different dialogue as they talk together), and Kevin and Olivier on my second. Olivier surprised me when he manned up during the climax. He finally explains his true mission: he came to Liberl because he heard intel on what was happening, and came to see for himself. He didn't want to be the sheltered prince who only heard about Hamel in the newspaper and wrote off a ceremonial proclamation of how terrible it was; he actually wanted to get out there and stop more Hamel's from happening. When Mr. Salty starts chewing out Joshua and Estelle for how foolish they are, Olivier stands up for them and tells them that is okay to be idealistic and calls out Weissman for the evil bastard he is. I had accepted Olivier as the joke character for most of the game but in that instant, he sky rocketed up on to my top ten list. Turns out that Mueller didn't simply follow Olivier because he was assigned to him, but because he actually believes in his prince. Holy crap man!

Kevin's dialogue with Loewe sets up the 3rd, and he explains how the stigma was removed. Otherwise, I only brought him along for his S-craft.

10+ Year Old Account
    I brought Mueller and Olivier on my first playthrough (if you bring both, they have different dialogue as they talk together), and Kevin and Olivier on my second. Olivier surprised me when he manned up during the climax. He finally explains his true mission: he came to Liberl because he heard intel on what was happening, and came to see for himself. He didn't want to be the sheltered prince who only heard about Hamel in the newspaper and wrote off a ceremonial proclamation of how terrible it was; he actually wanted to get out there and stop more Hamel's from happening. When Mr. Salty starts chewing out Joshua and Estelle for how foolish they are, Olivier stands up for them and tells them that is okay to be idealistic and calls out Weissman for the evil bastard he is. I had accepted Olivier as the joke character for most of the game but in that instant, he sky rocketed up on to my top ten list. Turns out that Mueller didn't simply follow Olivier because he was assigned to him, but because he actually believes in his prince. Holy crap man!

Kevin's dialogue with Loewe sets up the 3rd, and he explains how the stigma was removed. Otherwise, I only brought him along for his S-craft.

Indeed man I always loved Olivier but damn after that scene indeed I started to love him 100 times more specially at the end. It's like the entire Class VII idea in ToCS is the result and the lessons he learned during his adventure in Liberl and it's been foreshadowed during the final goodbye when one by one the characters saying their farewells and leaving the Phantasima world. I also loved his confrontation with Giliath Osborne in 3rd Sky in the moon door storyline of Mueller and Olivier (That scene alone is like the prologue to the first chapter of ToCS1). I love it !

Indeed man I always loved Olivier but damn after that scene indeed I started to love him 100 times more specially at the end. It's like the entire Class VII idea in ToCS is the result and the lessons he learned during his adventure in Liberl and it's been foreshadowed during the final goodbye when one by one the characters saying their farewells and leaving the Phantasima world. I also loved his confrontation with Giliath Osborne in 3rd Sky in the moon door storyline of Mueller and Olivier (That scene alone is like the prologue to the first chapter of ToCS1). I love it !
    Were there any other characters who your opinion of had changed over time?

10+ Year Old Account
    Were there any other characters who your opinion of had changed over time?
    Yup I remember Kevin in SC I didn't like him much. I knew the moment the first time I saw him he was hiding something and then I got a glimpse of his true personality at the end of SC when he killed the Faceless and then of course in 3rd I loved him so much not because he was the main character in 3rd Sky but damn his story was so tragic and just knowing him more and more made me changed my opinion of him a lot.

So far in in ToCS1 (I am now in chapter 5 at the Garrielia fortress now) I didn't like Jusis at first thinking him nothing but a narcissistic noble but after I finished the quests when I have to go to his city and how he was going solo alone trying to save Machias despite his feud with him. Yeah after that he grew on me and I started to like him more and more.

I do think he is a bit too harsh toward Millium haha. It's understandable though her being one of the iron bloods and how she is so annoying tbh hahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

I am at chapter 6 now in Roer city. For those who played ToCSII already without spoiling anything please can you tell me what are the things carries on when I load the save from ToCSI into the second game?