Page 28 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Very curious who "she" was when they launched the Pentagral (was it Musse, the grandmother?). I want to know more about Ash as well, hopefully the explanation we got wasn't everything.
    Pretty sure it was Musse. She was the mastermind behind that "plan". Shame I can't remember though lol.

I think my favorite character is Musse and Altina. I know everyone is going to hate me for having Altina as one of my favs lol :P really did not like Juna in cs 3...ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    I think my favorite character is Musse
    May I ask as to why you really like her?

I know everyone is going to hate me for having Altina as one of my favs lol
    I don't hate Altina. I think she's an okay character.

To me, the problem with Altina is that we have seen her before. Thrice. She is both yet another Rei Ayanami expy (cold, robotic doll like girl - probably with some sort of traumatic or supernatural past - whose character arc involves "defrosting", culminating in a scene where she smiles or cries), which we had with Renne, Tio, and Fie in prior games. And she is yet another surrogate daughter figure, which we already had with Renne and KeA. Altina doesn't really bring anything new to the table. The only time I was really interested in Altina was when Millium tried treating her as her little sister.

I'm personally hoping that if we get a surrogate child again, that it's a shota. I don't think Falcom can do anything interesting with a fourth surrogate daughter loli. Give me sons!

really did not like Juna in cs 3...ugh.
    I think Juna suffers from being hard shoved into the story. She's a Crossbell apologist and a historical revisionist who constantly rags on the Erebonian characters, who are the protagonists that the player is supposed to sympathize with, so her nagging eventually becomes grating. If you have actually played the Crossbell games, her historical revisionism becomes even more jarring when you contrast her rhetoric with what actually happened (Crossbell was not the hapless nation that was annexed; the vast majority of NPCs in Ao either expressly or implicitly supported the president's coup). Her fanboyism is also grating, as the SSS weren't particularly beloved. In the Crossbell games, only a handful of NPCs were actually acquainted with the SSS, and they certainly never became national heroes. The CSPD were stretched thin and created the SSS - a subdivision that would accept non-traditional candidates - to help alleviate their influx of requests. They were, at most, a footnote in the Crossbell Times, so Juna hyping them up as the Avengers felt patronizing.

There is also the fact that Juna didn't exist in the Crossbell games at all. She and her family never appeared, nor were they mentioned, yet CS3 wants us to believe that not only was she there the entire time, but she was so close to the SSS that they told her their closest secrets. I find it hard to believe that (Ao spoilers) the SSS would divulge to outsiders The Blue Testament's true identity (especially after his lieutenant very specifically told them NOT to do so), or the specifics of the Azure Zero plan, or recount the entirety of the Zero and Ao stories. If she did know the entire story, then I very much doubt that Juna would be worshiping the SSS when they are directly responsible for allowing the annexation to occur in the first place..
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-04-23 at 07:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I personally just enjoyed her. I like her attitude about things, while all the while being under cover so to speak. Also I'm curious about her mind "powers". Is she supposed to be like Lechter?

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    I personally just enjoyed her. I like her attitude about things, while all the while being under cover so to speak. Also I'm curious about her mind "powers". Is she supposed to be like Lechter?
    CS3 it seemed to me that Musse was trying to cast a mind control magic spell on Rean, and he shook it off.

I don't think Lechter has any actual superpowers, or even knows magic.

CS3 it seemed to me that Musse was trying to cast a mind control magic spell on Rean, and he shook it off.

I don't think Lechter has any actual superpowers, or even knows magic.
    She did that love spell on Rean that he shook off but I think that was the only time. If you attend one of her bonding events, she let's out her super brain to challenge Rean to win 1 out of 3 games of Vintage Masters (I think?) and he barely does. Supposedly she's supposed to be a master tactician or that's what it seems like to me, which is similar to Lechter's ability to just sense the way of things. Not sure.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I just really liked the mysterious nature about her in cs3 and then the reveal later on was pretty cool. I was also just really curious who she really is and how powerful she actually is. Ofc her flirting attempts on Rean were funny too.

I'm personally hoping that if we get a surrogate child again, that it's a shota. I don't think Falcom can do anything interesting with a fourth surrogate daughter loli. Give me sons!
    It's a Japanese game...don't expect anything like that.

I have finished liberl and crossbell acts. recently started cold steel and having fun with it but I realized you can have bond events with some non playable characters like the student council prez. I keep hitting on her and was wondering what if I am just wasting my bonding points on a non plyable character.

I mean i would be really really sad if i dont have a naughty scene with the prez? Can someone spoil it for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    I have finished liberl and crossbell acts. recently started cold steel and having fun with it but I realized you can have bond events with some non playable characters like the student council prez. I keep hitting on her and was wondering what if I am just wasting my bonding points on a non plyable character.

I mean i would be really really sad if i dont have a naughty scene with the prez? Can someone spoil it for me?
    If a girl has a bond event, you can get a romantic scene with her at the end of the game.

If a girl has a bond event, you can get a romantic scene with her at the end of the game.
    aight going for the prez then. another question, can you have multiple scenes with different characters? or you get to see only 1 scene

aight going for the prez then. another question, can you have multiple scenes with different characters? or you get to see only 1 scene
    You can only romance 1 per playthrough unless you save and reload. You can see everyone's final bonding event outside of romance though.

At the end of the game you have to pick one scene. Fortunately, you can save before that point and reload to see the other scenes.

great that i can save and load. one last question, do you have to do all events? i missed the very first bonding event with prez. do i still have my chance?

great that i can save and load. one last question, do you have to do all events? i missed the very first bonding event with prez. do i still have my chance?
    No, you don't have to do all of the events.

To go on the final bonding event with a character at the end of the game, you either need to 1. have a high bond level with that character (amount required is lower for characters like Towa), 2. attend their chapter 6 bonding event, or 3. spend two tickets on the character (will be self explanatory at the end).

thank you for the info! will be playing tonight as well. I am at nord highlands now and during the cut scenes where they sit and eat dinner I could see some nice pixels...

Do you mean Towa? If so, there's nothing special with her unfortunately. Falcom wants to ship girls like Laura and Alisa /vomit

Do you mean Towa? If so, there's nothing special with her unfortunately. Falcom wants to ship girls like Laura and Alisa /vomit
    As opposed to shipping the loli pedo bait? That would be better? LOL

Anyways, if there was a canon romance it's quite obviously Alisa and the game is written that way. Laura is pretty much in the boat the rest of the girls are in, in that you have the option because its a game but Alisa is literally the only girl that seems to have romantic chemistry with Rean outside of bonding events(and no it's not just the trope start in CS1 either, but across the entire series).

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    As opposed to shipping the loli pedo bait? That would be better? LOL

Anyways, if there was a canon romance it's quite obviously Alisa and the game is written that way. Laura is pretty much in the boat the rest of the girls are in, in that you have the option because its a game but Alisa is literally the only girl that seems to have romantic chemistry with Rean outside of bonding events(and no it's not just the trope start in CS1 either, but across the entire series).
    Yea well, everyone has their own tastes. I can understand Laura (although I personally don't find a thing interesting about her) but Alisa? No way...anyone who likes her is questionable. Also I wasn't really implying anything other than what I said.

anyone who likes her is questionable.
    Or they like her because she is literally the only character who makes romantic sense for Rean based on how both characters act around each other. It would honestly be better if there wasn't a choice at all, but people got to have their waifu wars I guess. It's clear the writers had no intention of Rean being able to romance any other girl, but got to sell the waifu bait to otaku.

That shit is better(but still not great) in Persona where the character is mostly silent and a blank slate. It's kind of awkward as hell with Rean who is clearly written to be in a relationship with Alisa.

holy crap aam I disappointed here...
    I thought at first maybe Laura, as I found somewhat original a girl with a huge ass sword. But then I realized, an unplayable character has bonding events so thought that could be interesting. Alisa for me is the most typical type in many japanese games, so I definitely didnt want to choose her. but it seems the canon one is alisa... damn. after all the previous games I thought they would succeed at creating endings according to your choices but well...I will simply enjoy the story then.

holy crap aam I disappointed here...
    I thought at first maybe Laura, as I found somewhat original a girl with a huge ass sword. But then I realized, an unplayable character has bonding events so thought that could be interesting. Alisa for me is the most typical type in many japanese games, so I definitely didnt want to choose her. but it seems the canon one is alisa... damn. after all the previous games I thought they would succeed at creating endings according to your choices but well...
    Ignore the posters above. There isn't really a "canon" romance.

Romance simply isn't important to the story of CS, so they let you shiptease Rean with any nearly any girl in CS1+2 (Alisa, Laura, Emma, Towa, and three other girls who are spoilers).

CS1+2 were developed for the Vita and the PS3, while CS3 was developed for the PS4. As such, there is no save carryover, so in CS3 it assumes that Rean wasn't paired with anyone. You can ship Rean with Alisa, Laura, and Emma in CS3, but in CS4 they open it up to nearly every girl.

I will simply enjoy the story then.
    Yeah, sorry. Cold Steel simply isn't romance heavy.

There are actual romances in the Trails series, but one of them develops among the side characters and the other is from a past game, and was controversial (because it was a love triangle a LOT of people were disappointed with who won. I'm still salty over that. They haven't really done romance since then).
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2020-04-28 at 01:30 AM.