M Kormrok - 1 tank

Hey guys,

I heard 1-tanking Mythic Kormrok mentioned a few times and was wondering how viable the strategy is and what it would require. We are progressing on the encounter currently and would love to squeeze out a bit more dps so we can get through it. We have a Monk or Druid available as the potential 1 tank if this is indeed a real strategy.

If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate you sharing it.

Thanks in advance!

I haven't heard of 1 tanking this fight other than for speed ranks. I would not recommend it, the fight is already a joke in DPS requirements with the legendary ring.

Quote Originally Posted by evotech View Post
    Hey guys,

I heard 1-tanking Mythic Kormrok mentioned a few times and was wondering how viable the strategy is and what it would require. We are progressing on the encounter currently and would love to squeeze out a bit more dps so we can get through it. We have a Monk or Druid available as the potential 1 tank if this is indeed a real strategy.

If anyone has any information on this I would appreciate you sharing it.

Thanks in advance!
    1-tanking is for farm guilds, usually.

Involves 1 tank, 1 healer, 18 dps, and you burn before a tank swap is required.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    1-tanking is for farm guilds, usually.

Involves 1 tank, 1 healer, 18 dps, and you burn before a tank swap is required.
    Realistically, a tank swap should never be required with 720+ item level. It's not like the crushing hands or fire explosions do a ton of damage; the AOE won't 1 shot anyone, so can just eat it if you want to. That said it does probably require externals to be used if you get towards the end of the second phase (green-orange-purple). If you're going into purple phase, you will need a second tank because the slap will send the tank flying.

If you do Green > Purple you can easily do this fight with 1 tank even if its 4m+ fight. Long as you are a tank who can charge or have good priests who can grip. Tanking Hand+Boss is easy just actually use a cd he does no damage otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    Realistically, a tank swap should never be required with 720+ item level. It's not like the crushing hands or fire explosions do a ton of damage; the AOE won't 1 shot anyone, so can just eat it if you want to. That said it does probably require externals to be used if you get towards the end of the second phase (green-orange-purple). If you're going into purple phase, you will need a second tank because the slap will send the tank flying.
    The stacking debuff it leaves causes the mechanics to hurt pretty bad.

Quote Originally Posted by stross01 View Post
    The stacking debuff it leaves causes the mechanics to hurt pretty bad.
    Only affects the tank. Tanks are immortal at +720 ilvl on a fight designed for 705 ilvl. Worst case scenario, actually use a CD like Jellos says.

Considering it sounds like you're struggling with boss DPS on a very easy boss (enrage wise) it would be stupid to try 1 tank it, this is just my opinion but Yes it's possible to 1 tank, so are a lot of fights, is it worth it? Probably not. I'm going to assume your dps aren't that great and things like the crushing hand on the tank, will die very very slowly, 1 tanking and having very poor dps on crushing hand will most likely prove fatal.

If you actually want to 1 tank, do as the above posters have said and do green -> purple - the orange tank mechanic leaves the tank in a `stunned` state and the boss would destroy the tank without major external cd/healing, you need to kill the crushing hand on the tank FAST and on the purple pool a leap / priest grip will be required every 30ish seconds for the tank mechanic.
    Could probably take 2 tank abilities in a row w/o CDs, then start CDing the 3rd onwards, completely depends on class/ilvl.

I would just look over logs if you have any look at any close attempts you have done, if your struggling for dps, it's most likely because people are dying throughout the encounter, there really isn't anything to die to except if the runes are messed up. (so if people are dying i'm assuming it's bad positioning during hands or such).

Should be doable with a good Tank. But if you are having issues with the fight try going green the purple and finishing the boss at the start of orange, that's how ẃe killed him the first time.

Frankly you have other issues if you are considering one tanking it for more dps, sort out those issues first.