Audio for videos.

Quick question for the experts here.

My wife and I are going to make gaming videos and a Twitch channel playing games together. Is it possible to record from my PC both of our voices without software like Vent or Mumble, etc, or daisy chaining a cord from her headphones to my PC?

Any ideas?

Jimmy Thick- Hoping for the best...

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Thick View Post
    Quick question for the experts here.

My wife and I are going to make gaming videos and a Twitch channel playing games together. Is it possible to record from my PC both of our voices without software like Vent or Mumble, etc, or daisy chaining a cord from her headphones to my PC?

Any ideas?

Jimmy Thick- Hoping for the best...
    Yeah, just buy a good multi-directional mic that picks up sound from further away better and place it between you. Stop using a headset. Most "professional" streamers go this route anyway, even when streaming by themselves, for the higher quality audio. You get a high quality set of headphones and a separate high quality mic, not a combo headset with crappy speakers and crappy mic.

Now I have no specific recommendations on any particular multi-directional mics, that is outside my realm of knowledge, but seems like the best solution for you.

- - - Updated - - -

or the other option I just thought about when having a smoke would be to just use vent. You can set up a 5 person vent server for free on your own PC and she can connect to it, since I assume your reason for not wanting use vent is due to the monthly fee, this solves that. Another free option would be raidcall. You can set up a raidcall server for free. This is actually something I was considering doing on my stream(that I never really got going) so I could also invite regulars in to chat occasionally. Changing the password each time of course.