Thread: Arms Artifact

Arms Artifact

Why is it old god / shadow related? I've been busy with work lately so I must have missed the memo, like, anybody knows why?

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Why is it old god / shadow related? I've been busy with work lately so I must have missed the memo, like, anybody knows why?
    This greatsword was borne into combat by the barbarian warlord who first united humanity under a single banner, founding the nation of Arathor. A master tactician and strategist, King Thoradin went on to play a critical role in ending the Troll Wars. Later the sword was lost while it was being used to subdue a C'Thraxxi monstrosity in a forgotten tomb beneath Tirisfal. Abandoned and all but forgotten, Stromkar has been slowly drinking from the shadowy power there over thousands of years.

Jesus chrsit what are they doing.

So Warrior is gonna run around with abunch of purple shadow-magic attacks, radiating it, summoning big purple spikes, causing big purple shadow explosions.

We're melee shadow priests.

That said, what say you people against the Axe of Cenarious now

Instead of a nature themed axe steeped in lore

We get a shadow themed sword with no lore.
    Last edited by Toppy; 2016-01-28 at 02:51 AM.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by nativity View Post
    This greatsword was borne into combat by the barbarian warlord who first united humanity under a single banner, founding the nation of Arathor. A master tactician and strategist, King Thoradin went on to play a critical role in ending the Troll Wars. Later the sword was lost while it was being used to subdue a C'Thraxxi monstrosity in a forgotten tomb beneath Tirisfal. Abandoned and all but forgotten, Stromkar has been slowly drinking from the shadowy power there over thousands of years.
    This. It's not like it has a bad backstory. There's a 6th set of skins in the beta now, no arms 2handers of course, but hopefully when it appears it will at least look better than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    This. It's not like it has a bad backstory. There's a 6th set of skins in the beta now, no arms 2handers of course, but hopefully when it appears it will at least look better than the others.
    We already have the arms 6th.

World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    We already have the arms 6th.

Nevermind that's the 6th. Just so happens to be the best for me. Artifact level? No. But better than the others.
    Last edited by iamthedevil; 2016-01-28 at 06:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    That said, what say you people against the Axe of Cenarious now

Instead of a nature themed axe steeped in lore

We get a shadow themed sword with no lore.
    People argued against it? It was always obviously better, and at this point it's about 1% likely to change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hah, that axe looks liked a jacked up Arcanite Reaper.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Fenris of the North View Post
    Hah, that axe looks liked a jacked up Arcanite Reaper.
    That's what it is supposed to be

Deleted
    I don't really like this Void theme either, it just doesn't fit visually and conceptually in my head..

Despite that, the game play could be great. Kings of cleaving I guess?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Throren View Post
    That's what it is supposed to be
    Oh, dont get me wrong, I love that version WAY more than the sword.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Just wanted to mention, even tho the weapons don't look great in game, they still look better than the pictures on MMO/Wowhead. Most of the models are still quite generic, but some of the color variations actually look quite decent.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

trying to not spoil what i see about arms until i can personally play it.... but artifact weapons all together is gonna be so rediculous.. everyone is gonna have the same weapon!
    The only thing that really looks cool we have to look forward to now is shoulder armor

Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    trying to not spoil what i see about arms until i can personally play it.... but artifact weapons all together is gonna be so rediculous.. everyone is gonna have the same weapon!
    The only thing that really looks cool we have to look forward to now is shoulder armor
    How is that different to every other expansion? At least towards the end of every raid tier, every spec has one weapon that most people consider to be BiS. It'd be a valid concern, but weapon drops have always been significantly less on a per spec basis.

I get the concern, but it's only a concern in theory. In practice, artifacts are fixing a major issue with weapon drops. By design there has to be fewer weapon drops because each class has at most 2 slots and the rest are for armor and other things. So just from a stat point of view it's also fixing a major issue.

HOWEVER, I do agree that each artifact needs to have a significant amount of weapon skins come out. I think the six at release are so far a good idea, but they need to keep churning them out. Without needing to worry about weapon drops in the raids, there definitely needs to be more variety given through means other than raiding and high end PvP. But for right now in the alpha stage, I think artifacts fix a lot more problems than the one they cause (which has always been a problem in the first place).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Linri View Post
    Everone already was carrying the same 2-3 weapons anyway since Vanilla.

7+ Year Old Account
    The shadow dmg is 1000000000000000...(more zeros go on for an infinate amount of time) better than Norse crap.... I LITERALY get filled with rage IRL (pun intended) when I remember that were all of a sudden midget Vrykul Norse barbarians....

Don't see a massive problem with the shadow theme, we've already had at-least two dark/shadow/old god themed weapons (shadowmourne and 2H from Deathwing which I forget the name of). From what I've read it's just a subtle background shadow effect, it's not like we'll be standing there casting shadow bolts. At a guess I imagine it's a way of making warriors a bit more flashy.

Personally far more annoyed that we don't have an arms sword which looks like a functional sword...maybe that's why need shadow damage?

Deleted
    Axe looks way better than the other sword skins... but still shitty overal.

Thanks for transmog and The Black Hand.... if I ever get it