Question What hobby(ies) have you been trying to get into?

Birdhouses, always seemed pretty cool, thinking with the pseudo-intellect in my little Homo erectus brain I could maybe pull off some creative birdhouse designs. What about you guys(girls and or trans)?

Roller Coaster Design, but that's a bit of a fantasy

Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Roller Coaster Design, but that's a bit of a fantasy
    cheap design software

http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Watching Matlock.
    Last edited by Doctor Amadeus; 2016-01-31 at 06:10 AM.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    working out and drawing. Must get beach bod / weight loss... also I like to doodle.

wood working / building things... and working out, i want to work out but the gym / working out is and always has been one of the most stressful things i do (Even when i was in better shape i despised doing it).
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    working out and drawing. Must get beach bod / weight loss... also I like to doodle.
    I draw somewhat, but the thing is I'm more a perfectionist when it comes to sketch and I get pissed off for it not being identical to how I picture it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Ordered a Gundam Model and I think I may have overshot for my first one I got a Master Grade and while I can read some Japanese The instructions are in about 90% so I am like ok well I guess we will get better at reading Katakana while building this bad boy. Got it for something to do at work in my down time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ive been getting into tabletop rpgs last year, has been fun. I also have been trying to draw in charcoal. I used to do it in high school, but I stopped, I have been slowly progressing. And my last one is been losing weight, but it is more about eating more healthy than actually actually working out, last year I lost like 40 something pounds, and by the end of next month I hope to at least be under 200 pounds(im at 202 rn!).
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Ordered a Gundam Model and I think I may have overshot for my first one I got a Master Grade and while I can read some Japanese The instructions are in about 90% so I am like ok well I guess we will get better at reading Katakana while building this bad boy. Got it for something to do at work in my down time.
    I suck at Japanese, I have a basic reading level of hiragana and struggle to learn katakana.

Strangely kanji isn't that bad...to learn that is

Stock trading and 2d / 3d art.

Uh...a hobby in general.

Really, aside from hanging out with friends, all I do personally is play games or sleep, or dwell around here.

Drawing would be nice to pick up again, but my girlfriend demolishes me in skill, so that makes me feel like "meh" about it already.
    Writing would probably be my second choice, but I never seem to get around to actually typing up anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've started picking up more exotic cooking lately, and watching a lot of cooking shows/tutorials. I already can cook decently, but I've started looking into things lie sous vide and making confit jars and pickling. I feel that cooking (or any food prep/skill) is awesome to learn because it's a skill that you can and will use for 100% of your life to great effect and fun.

I've also been wanting to get into woodworking to some degree for art projects, but its more of a 'I'll get around to it eventually' thing.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I've started picking up more exotic cooking lately, and watching a lot of cooking shows/tutorials. I already can cook decently, but I've started looking into things lie sous vide and making confit jars and pickling. I feel that cooking (or any food prep/skill) is awesome to learn because it's a skill that you can and will use for 100% of your life to great effect and fun.
    Yeah, ive been getting into cooking lately. I made some home made apple pies, were pretty good. Next year ill try them with a different recipe. Im going to be making some homemade waffles soonish(I bought a new waffle maker!) Last year I made some pear sauce(think apple sauce expect with pears), was pretty good.

Also I planted an apple tree 3(?) years ago, and slowly been tending them. I have been having to tend them less and less as they get older.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    I literally just got up and made fried pickles just now. I've never done that before (or fried almost anything for that matter, I don't have a deep fryer.... yet). I've had jars of home made pickles that are just fantastic, so I just battered them up and threw on some spices too. They actually came out pretty tasty!

I try to cook at least one new thing a week if I can help it. It's not a hard schedule but I try to stick to it. Sometimes they become staples of my food (spam musubi I now make like almost once week). Others I might not make again, or rarely. Others still, I learn from. It's almost impossible not to cook something new, and at least get -some- benefit, if not the actual food.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Modern interpretive dance. I'm tired of women having the monopoly on this hobby.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    to play the guitar

I'm too lazy though