How does changing specs work in regard to the legendaries?

If I am playing as an Elemental or Enhancement Shaman and I switch specs to Restoration to run some dungeons, do my Elemental/Enhancement artifacts switch to Restoration artifacts, do I run through the Restoration artifact questline to pick those up as well or do I just do without a Restoration weapon and shield? Is the answer to this even known in alpha yet?
    Last edited by Karnak; 2016-01-31 at 11:20 PM. Reason: Corrected terms

Quote Originally Posted by Karnak View Post
    If I am playing as an Elemental or Enhancement Shaman and I switch specs to Restoration to run some dungeons, do my Elemental/Enhancement legendaries switch to Restoration legendaries, do I run through the Restoration legendary questline to pick those up as well or do I just do without a Restoration weapon and shield? Is the answer to this even known in alpha yet?
    Artifact?

Legendaries are completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Artifact?

Legendaries are completely different.
    Thanks. Changed post content. Can't change title.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you mean the artifacts, they are completely separate. You can pick up every artifact for your class, but they must be leveled separately (although Blizzard has said that they'll add some kind of catch-up mechanic for secondary artifacts) and they each need their own relics to increase their item levels.

Legendaries? I guess you mean artifacts and no the weapons don't switch and you have to acquire each one separately, your secondary artifact can't be acquired before lvl 110 though so you have to use a WoD weapon instead if you want to switch before max lvl. Each artifact can only be equipped by the spec it's meant for.

Deleted
    You can also store/grind your artifact points, and spend them on whichever you want.

Really sounds stupid. As resto druid, I normally quest as feral or guardian. Heard they were making it easier to level as heals - sounds like i'll just be leveling in BGs again.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Except that they are because all healers do 200% more damage when not inside an instance, a healer kills stuff just as fast as any dps spec if not faster in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Really sounds stupid. As resto druid, I normally quest as feral or guardian. Heard they were making it easier to level as heals - sounds like i'll just be leveling in BGs again.
    I'm betting you'll probably be able to go get your offspec artifacts at 110.

How the artifact power catchup will work is still to be determined.

However, while you'll get some AP from questing and it's bound to your equipped artifact, a lot of it will come from items like Shard of Potentiation which you can bank until you later acquire the artifact you actually want to spend them on.

WoWhead has up the havok DH video and in it is a clue on how artifacts work. If you are not the correct spec, you cannot equip the artifact. That means if you're a resto druid, you can't switch to balance and just use your resto artifact to DPS if you don't have the balance one. So if you want to swap specs, you have to get the other weapon or use one you had lying around from WoD.

Rather stupid considering right now if you go from resto to balance, you can use your resto weapon until you get a balance one. Blizzard's really killing offspecs in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    For this case you as a resto druid can spec into feral affinity where you get your feral skills to level with easyliy while still leveling up your resto artifact.

Has anyone actually unlocked their alternate spec artifacts in the alpha yet? If so, how?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by calamitygg View Post
    Has anyone actually unlocked their alternate spec artifacts in the alpha yet? If so, how?
    No, because it requires 110 and the alpha level cap is 106.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    No, because it requires 110 and the alpha level cap is 106.
    This is interesting. So most tanks and healers usually level as DPS and switch at max. So now, we will be more starved for tanks and healers on leveling dungeons. Expect longer queue times or don't run dungeons at all while leveling unless you have your own pocket tank/heals.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayenoor View Post
    This is interesting. So most tanks and healers usually level as DPS and switch at max. So now, we will be more starved for tanks and healers on leveling dungeons. Expect longer queue times or don't run dungeons at all while leveling unless you have your own pocket tank/heals.
    Well healers get a 200% damage buff in the outside world and tanks are supposed to do pretty good damage so Blizzard's intention is clearly that you'll level as whatever spec you intend to play as at 110.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Well healers get a 200% damage buff in the outside world and tanks are supposed to do pretty good damage so Blizzard's intention is clearly that you'll level as whatever spec you intend to play as at 110.
    I'm using a Resto spec in Alpha, and yes is possible to kill mobs, but it's very slow and not fun.
    A resto shaman can have only 2 shock and bolts, so its boring. You have a bar full of spell, healing spell but you are killing mobs.
    Also, if you are exping in a zone with some dps players, you run out of mobs, because the other players are faster than you.

And if you do not like your spec, you're screwed to the 10 levels you have to keep it.

I'm very disapoint about this Artifact system, because usually I leveling like a Elemental shaman, and change my spec for healing.

Now Im forcing to exp as a healer, when I have 2 dps spec avaiable. Its no sense, considering the fact in WoW we have only 4 dps class and all the others are ibrids.

This thing to level as healer, could be interesting only if Blizzard had created quests where you have to heal. But if I should just kill monsters, why should I do as healer, when I have two spec for that?
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I'm using a Resto spec in Alpha, and yes is possible to kill mobs, but it's very slow and not fun.
    A resto shaman can have only 2 shock and bolts, so its boring. You have a bar full of spell, healing spell but you are killing mobs.
    Also, if you are exping in a zone with some dps players, you run out of mobs, because the other players are faster than you.

And if you do not like your spec, you're screwed to the 10 levels you have to keep it.

I'm very disapoint about this Artifact system, because usually I leveling like a Elemental shaman, and change my spec for healing.

Now Im forcing to exp as a healer, when I have 2 dps spec avaiable. Its no sense, considering the fact in WoW we have only 4 dps class and all the others are ibrids.

This thing to level as healer, could be interesting only if Blizzard had created quests where you have to heal. But if I should just kill monsters, why should I do as healer, when I have two spec for that?
    I think it's dumb but it does seem to be the way the system is designed right now.

Isn't the cap 108 right now? I could be wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems they could have used the MoP style heirloom weapons to give off specs at least something to use while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post

I agree, the artifact system is a complete and utter clusterdoodle. Just another idea on how to gate players... this Expansion will be about grinding specs not gear. Horrible, horrible idea.