Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sleeping problems

Hello everyone,

I have something to ask about dreams and I hope there are people who might have a similar problem.

So, over the last 2-3 years I was lucky to have dreams that are ofter in amazing quality (as in, I remember every moment, the graphics are amazing, and it feels incredibly real, also there is a lot of emotions/feelings, and I remember that aswell).
    Problem with this is, because these dreams tend to affect me heavily, I sometimes wake up tired, or go to bed earlier because I didn't restore as much energy I guess. There are no nightmares, maybe the brain just has trouble with processing that much information in those dreams?

Since the first time I've had that kind of a dream, I wished for the same experience every time I went to bed. Do you think that affects what I dream or what the quality of the dream is?
    Do you think I can stop it by doing the same? Do you think I should stop having these dreams because it can affect my strength during the day or this is just a nice ability I have?

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    I have recurring dreams of being blind. No joke man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayburner View Post
    I have recurring dreams of being blind. No joke man.
    That's awful. I used to have inception-like dreams where I can't move my body and/or wake up.

Nowadays my dreams feel extremely long, they feel so real, and when I wake up, I feel like I've already been though a whole day, which makes me tired.

15+ Year Old Account
    For years, psychologists have wondered if dreams affect reality and if reality affects dreams. The two are definitely connected and countless studies have shown that there is a strong connection between the conscious mind when we are awake and the subconscious mind when we are asleep.

Scientists and researchers have worked for decades to find a definitive answer as to whether our dreams impact our reality. What is known with a great deal of certainty is that our dreams are impacted by the reality we live each and every day. Some researchers theorize that if reality impacts dreams, then dreams can just as easily impact our reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
    Some researchers theorize that if reality impacts dreams, then dreams can just as easily impact our reality.
    Well, it doesn't really make me happy that I might be the one who proves that theory.

Edit: On the other hand, if that makes me the first superhero...

10+ Year Old Account
    every one of my key strokes is actually a brush stroke on the canvas that is the off-topic forum
    dreams are a funny thing. I haven't had a nightmare in 4 years. Guess who is having a nightmare tonight?

just a guess. late teens, early 20s, dreams even during short naps, trouble staying awake?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have this problem. I'm 30 and in bed by 8 or 9 so I get enough rest when I wake up at 4:30. It is nice having dreams that are so real you don't know if it is a dream or not, but it is taxing on the mind. I also toss and turn, violently sometimes. I also have problems getting to sleep since my brain won't stop thinking. Another problem is the night terrors. They are just as real. I've woken up crying because of some of them. Almost threw up because of one that was so real I smelt it. You're brain can come up with an interesting smell for rotting flesh.

dreams are a funny thing. I haven't had a nightmare in 4 years. Guess who is having a nightmare tonight?
    Atleast you can wake up from a nightmare. On the other hand, I have very long and detailed dreams about everyday life, or something exotic, like trying to survive an apocalypse by runing around with Morgan Freeman.

10+ Year Old Account
    thought this thread was gonna be about people having trouble going to sleep.

7+ Year Old Account
    like years ago, i had some really realistic dreams where i fell down a cliff. i really could feel the wind and the fear, every time my body touched the ground i woke up. was fcking scary.
    but no idea about your dreams.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    thought this thread was gonna be about people having trouble going to sleep.
    same here XD

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post
    Atleast you can wake up from a nightmare. On the other hand, I have very long and detailed dreams about everyday life, or something exotic, like trying to survive an apocalypse by runing around with Morgan Freeman.
    sorry anythign with Morgan Freeman involved is pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Templar 331 View Post
    It is nice having dreams that are so real you don't know if it is a dream or not, but it is taxing on the mind.
    Yes, it tends to be a bit overwhelming when I wake up, but it feels real and I remember all the decisions, all the emotions, etc.

As for the other suggestions, I don't have problems staying awake, no nightmares and I don't dream during a nap (I rarely have naps).

sorry anythign with Morgan Freeman involved is pretty cool.
    First time I've had such a dream where I remember everything in HQ, I was casting spells at some huge aliens, there were some friends in that dream (not real life friends, just people that I met there) who were going through it with me and I think they died at the end.
    When I woke up, I couldn't think straight the whole day because I was just so overwhelmed with the dream.
    Last edited by Archon14; 2016-02-02 at 12:35 AM.

You need more B1. My daughter gets nightmares unless she remembers to have her "magic potion" before bed which is just crushed up B1 and apple juice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tualla View Post
    You need more B1. My daughter gets nightmares unless she remembers to have her "magic potion" before bed which is just crushed up B1 and apple juice.
    B1? the vitamin?

- - - Updated - - -

btw, try day dreaming. "build" your own world inside your head!

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tualla View Post
    i was lucky to eat a bowl of kraft dinner at that age. This would explain many things during my early life.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal123 View Post
    btw, try day dreaming. "build" your own world inside your head!
    My current dreams are all everyday life where I do things that I don't actually do in real life. Like, driving a car with my friends, or investigating some crime/people, or running from a collapsing building, or having a girlfriend (I know, I know). Basically every dream feels like an extra day I've had. Which is interesting.

Also, thank you to the other dude for giving an advice on B1 and apple juice. I'll research that and try it out.

Anything with oregano in it makes me have the weirdest of dreams. Not scary but very random.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Anything with oregano in it makes me have the weirdest of dreams. Not scary but very random.
    It's scary because something very random gives you weird dreams.

ow man I know what you are talking about. Full 1080p HD quality with english/turkish/japanese conversations. Some are extremely emotional. Last week I killed someone in my dream and after I finished killing him and realized what I have done. omg that feeling of despair, that feeling of helplessness, how you fucked up all your life. I woke up crying terribly. Or again few days ago I fall in love with a woman I have never ever seen and feeling was great. God damn it. so we need B1 vitamin. Roger will try that. Although its all nice I wouldn't want to experience jumping down a cliff or killing somebody again in my dreams. It feels so real.