Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Djalil View Post
    What short to mid term problems are you talking about?
    Obviously, sanctions on Russia=less trade=problem for the EU.

If you are implying that it will not be short-to-mid term, noone knows that, but it is highly likely to be short-to-mid term.

If you are implying that weakening Russia is not in the long-term interest of the EU, refer to the Cold War and its conclusion (it was the best outcome for the West).
    Last edited by mmoc126e3f25d2; 2016-02-04 at 11:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vezu View Post
    Obviously, sanctions on Russia=less trade=problem for the EU.

If you are implying that it will not be short-to-mid term, noone knows that, but it is highly likely to be short-to-mid term.

If you are implying that weakening Russia is not in the long-term interest of the EU, refer to the Cold War and its conclusion.
    Weakening russia is not AT ALL in the interests of EU. EU will only benefit from a Russia that is fully integrated to the market.
    It is both a security threat and an economic loss to have an isolated Russia, for Europe.

It is ALREADY successful. Oh my god you know nothing at all on this do you?

http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/cou...ntries/russia/

- - - Updated - - -

What short to mid term problems are you talking about?
    Thanks for providing a link that does nothing to support your argument /facepalm

I'll give you some help, did trade with Russia prevent them from invading Crimea and send soldiers and equipment into Ukraine, threaten NATO countries with nukes etc. etc?

The answer is pretty fucking obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Thanks for providing a link that does nothing to support your argument /facepalm
    Crispin. Your ignorance is not a valid point to anything. This conversation is surreal. Get an education instead of talking BECAUSE YOU CAN.

Deleted
    Weakening russia is not AT ALL in the interests of EU. EU will only benefit from a Russia that is fully integrated to the market.
    It is both a security threat and an economic loss to have an isolated Russia, for Europe.
    We've had this discussion, Djalil. Wishing that the West and Russia were partners is not the same as them being partners in reality. For one reason or another, they are rivals.

I usually don't go into details, because too often people latch onto something and flee an inescapable conclusion, but this time I'll let you know excatly what I think.

What I think is, Russians don't want to be equal members in the EU. They want to have their own thing, and they do - its the EEU. They also don't want to be an equal member in NATO. They have their own thing for that too (no, its not SCO whcih is nowhere near the level of NATO), its the CIS.

So, if Russia has its own thing, the best we can be is respectable rivals. But we are not this either, because of Putin.

Once Putin is gone, we may have a respectable rival to the east. If Russia's economy is battered enough, perhaps it will also consider being an equal member in our organizations.

I've said this before - I'll like nothing more than to see another Cyrillic alphabet officially joining the EU. We will all benefit by being partners in all matters. We are far from partners, however.
    Last edited by mmoc126e3f25d2; 2016-02-04 at 12:06 PM.

Crispin. Your ignorance is not a valid point to anything. This conversation is surreal. Get an education instead of talking BECAUSE YOU CAN.
    Thanks for still not providing anything that resembles an argument, I'll take it as a complete failure on your part to back up your silly theory.

Deleted
    We've had that discussion, Djalil. Wishing that the West and Russia were partners is not the same as them being partners in reality. For one reason or another, they are rivals.

I usually don't go into details, because too often people latch onto something and flee an inescapable conclusion, but this time I'll let you know excatly what I think.

What I think is, Russians don't want to be equal members in the EU. They want to have their own thing, and they do - its the EEU (Eurasin Economic Union). They also don't want to be an equal member in NATO. They have their own thing for that too (no, its not SCO whcih is nowhere near the level of NATO), its the CIS.

So, if Russia has its own thing, the best we can be is respectable rivals. But we are not this either, because of Putin.
    You see... your views are nice and dandy, but reality is a completely different thing. IN reality, Russia is already a major trading partner for Europe, and it's only going to improve considering the amount of investments coming in from europe.
    This is the reality of things.
    Following REASON and not some weird concept of "they", this is the only natural outcome for europe and russia. Unless of course we listen to the US and their propaganda. And I, for one would like to know why we should listen to people which have DIFFERENT interests in mind instead of following our own interests.

We've had this discussion, Djalil. Wishing that the West and Russia were partners is not the same as them being partners in reality. For one reason or another, they are rivals.

What I think is, Russians don't want to be equal members in the EU. They want to have their own thing, and they do - its the EEU (Eurasin Economic Union). They also don't want to be an equal member in NATO. They have their own thing for that too (no, its not SCO whcih is nowhere near the level of NATO), its the CIS.

Once Putin is gone, we may have a respectable rival to the east. If Russia's economy is battered enough, perhaps it will also consider being an equal member in our organizations.

I've said this before - I'll like nothing more than to see another Cyrillic alphabet officially joining the EU. We will all benefit by being partners in all matters. We are far from partners, however.
    He doesnt argue in reality, but his own vision of how he wants the world to be, we all want everyone to get along, sadly reality is vastly different.

Deleted
    Thanks for still not providing anything that resembles an argument, I'll take it as a complete failure on your part to back up your silly theory.
    oh look. Words.

Deleted
    You see... your views are nice and dandy, but reality is a completely different thing. IN reality, Russia is already a major trading partner for Europe, and it's only going to improve considering the amount of investments coming in from europe.
    This is the reality of things.
    Following REASON and not some weird concept of "they", this is the only natural outcome for europe and russia. Unless of course we listen to the US and their propaganda. And I, for one would like to know why we should listen to people which have DIFFERENT interests in mind instead of following our own interests.
    If that were the case, wouldn't it be just as easy for Russia to neglect its apparently zero external threat from the side of NATO, and embrace the EU? We are not the ones that have said "no".

But they won't do that, not while Putin is in charge.

Deleted
    He doesnt argue in reality, but his own vision of how he wants the world to be, we all want everyone to get along, sadly reality is vastly different.
    Reality is just a link above Crispin. You shouldnt be talking about stuff you dont know.
    Just stick to shitposting. At least you manage to avoid providing facts and backings for your propaganda/ignorance driven "theories".

- - - Updated - - -

If that were the case, wouldn't it be just as easy for Russia to neglect its apparently zero external threat from the side of NATO, and embrace the EU? We are not the ones that have said "no".
    Have you heard what Nato has been saying for the last few months?
    Why would anyone being targeted by those statements dismiss such statements?

And reality Investors Flee Russia as Morgan Stanley Sees Long Market Chill, Volume of investments in Russia to fall about 10% in 2015 — minister.

Deleted
    Have you heard what Nato has been saying for the last few months?
    Why would anyone being targeted by those statements dismiss such statements?
    Same thing goes for the EU. Iskanders pointed at Denmark, mock bombing runs over Sweden and a proxy war against an EU-aligned government less than 1,000km from EU borders.

Mistrust and selfishness and is what drives foreign politics, and not just for the EU.

I for one, however, am an optimist. In 20 years, once Russia has embraced stronger democratic values and the threat from China becomes imminent, the EU will likely make a huge leap eastward

Until then, guns will be pointed both ways.
    Last edited by mmoc126e3f25d2; 2016-02-04 at 12:05 PM.

Deleted
    Same thing goes for the EU. Iskanders pointed at Denmark, mock bombing runs over Sweden and a proxy war against an EU-aligned government less than 1,000km from EU borders.

Mistrust and selfishness and is what drives foreign politics, not just EU politics.
    Money is what drives foreign politics. Apart from the EU.

- - - Updated - - -

Macroeconomics -----------------> seasonal changes.

Youre basically arguing there is no climate change cause this year it was colder. Pretty much the same thing.

You seriously think we'll see international investments in Russia, at the level we saw in the mid 00's? while Putin is at the wheel? Thanks for the laugh

Deleted
    You seriously think we'll see international investments in Russia, at the level we saw in the mid 00's? while Putin is at the wheel? Thanks for the laugh
    Economy isnt "the big brother" crispin. Go back to your gossips and let economy run its way.

Economy isnt "the big brother" crispin. Go back to your gossips and let economy run its way.
    Hehe, but thanks for comparing economy to the weather, talk about hitting a new low, have fun tho, I'm afraid that you're wasting my time with your weak arguments.

Deleted
    Hehe, but thanks for comparing economy to the weather, talk about hitting a new low, have fun tho, I'm afraid that you're wasting my time with your weak arguments.
    Oh look. Words.