Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Nah it isn't it's why every Call of Duty fanatic seems to think they are a real man running around calling people Faggots or Bitches in a simulated game. People have a funny fucking idea about what war and the military are.

You don't enlist and then suddenly you get super fucking powers, and if women want the right to fight and earn whatever glory they think there is in being turned into soup in modern warfare, so be it, maybe it will make people like Sarah Palin shut her yap when talking so ignorantly about what it's like to send people to die because politicians fucked up.
    Er, making quite a bit of assumptions.

Also I have family in the military. I will trust their word. Sure there is downtime, but there is combat too. It also depends on where you are stationed.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Selective service form.

https://www.sss.gov/Home/Registration

Almost all men between 18 and 25, regardless of citizenship, are required to register, and it certainly wasn't automatic when I did it at 18.
    It wasn't automatic when I did it either, but in South Carolina you can't go to the DMV without registering for Selective Service, if you're a male.

So if you want to legally drive a car, you're registered for the draft. Other states may vary.

You don't enlist and then suddenly you get super fucking powers, and if women want the right to fight and earn whatever glory they think there is in being turned into soup in modern warfare, so be it, maybe it will make people like Sarah Palin shut her yap when talking so ignorantly about what it's like to send people to die because politicians fucked up.
    Sending young women that have received idiotic messages about their physical abilities to die in combat hells is just about the most degenerate thing a culture can do. The physical and mental beating that soldiers take, even those with no formal disabilities from it, isn't something that I see any upside to inflicting on our female populace for the sake of "equality".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    If we're at that point, many of hte men drafted won't do much better. That's the problem with a draft.
    I think your core point that drafts create cannon-fodder that's quickly ground up by seasoned opponents is not just true, but historically undeniable. I don't think it's even remotely true that the men wouldn't fare much better than the women.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    Er, making quite a bit of assumptions.

Also I have family in the military. I will trust their word. Sure there is downtime, but there is combat too. It also depends on where you are stationed.
    Yep, and as long as we make war we are equal in our relationship to it, women will want and have every right to fight just as men.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

7+ Year Old Account
    The draft should just be abolished, I can't believe it's still something considered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Sending young women that have received idiotic messages about their physical abilities to die in combat hells is just about the most degenerate thing a culture can do. The physical and mental beating that soldiers take, even those with no formal disabilities from it, isn't something that I see any upside to inflicting on our female populace for the sake of "equality".
    Well we are just going to disagree, because woman are just as capable of talking us into war, and fighting in war despite your G.I Joe ideas about hand to hand combat and shit. As for the matter of size and equipment, and special forces, guess what, every woman drafted doesn't need to do any of that.

As long as they be placed, they can fight.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yep, and as long as we make war we are equal in our relationship to it, women will want and have every right to fight just as men.
    If you say so. I just know my family members better not get dragged down, hampered, or put in harms way in any way by a female soldier due to "equality."

My cousin even is a fairly larger sized man. I can't exactly picture the typical gal carrying him around if he was wounded and needed that aid.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post

I think your core point that drafts create cannon-fodder that's quickly ground up by seasoned opponents is not just true, but historically undeniable. I don't think it's even remotely true that the men wouldn't fare much better than the women.
    What I meant was that if we're at the point where it's mass involuntarily drafts, you're going to be at the dregs of an army anyway. Low training time, low quality. Too old, too young, too small, too big.. point being, at that point you're not looking for any sort ability, just someone to run at a meat grinder. Men and women would be fairly equal in such a situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    What about in Germany? I was born there and I thought all citizens automatically get registered. I'm probably wrong.
    German basic law.
    Article 3
    (2) Men and women shall have equal rights. The state shall promote the actual implementation of equal rights for women and men and take steps to eliminate disadvantages that now exist.
    Article 12a
    (1) Men who have attained the age of eighteen may be required to serve in the Armed Forces, in the Federal Border Police, or in a civil defence organisation.
    Till some years ago you had to do the basic military training when you hit 18 as a male or if you didn't want to you had to do social service. Woman didn't need to do anything. Now men don't need to do this basic training, but in case of war men may be required to serve.

Equality .
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-02-02 at 10:13 PM.

You do paperwork for this? I don't recall ever doing it.
    you get a "birthday card" from the government telling you to serve in the military or go to jail..
    wait, are you a man? are you 18? lol WE ALL FUCKING DO THIS.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    Where? IS? The militairy? Or did you just want to say something because deep down you know females arent physically equiped enough to drag 90kg men of ledges?
    what?.......
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well we are just going to disagree, because woman are just as capable of talking us into war, and fighting in war despite your G.I Joe ideas about hand to hand combat and shit. As for the matter of size and equipment, and special forces, guess what, every woman drafted doesn't need to do any of that.

As long as they be placed, they can fight.
    They are certainly not just as capable. There's many tasks they can perform, but being an actual footsoldier is not one they can compete at.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckSparkles View Post
    If you say so. I just know my family members better not get dragged down, hampered, or put in harms way in any way by a female soldier due to "equality."

My cousin even is a fairly larger sized man. I can't exactly picture the typical gal carrying him around if he was wounded and needed that aid.
    First off you are a fucking solider and you will die for as little or as much stupidity as the country you are fighting for sees fit, regardless to if women are drafted or not.

As for your cousins well, they are open to any number of hazards people face in war just as anybody else, it's war, not a game paintball capture the flag.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    They are certainly not just as capable. There's many tasks they can perform, but being an actual footsoldier is not one they can compete at.
    if the military opened a troll mmoc branch, we got that shit covered
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    you get a "birthday card" from the government telling you to serve in the military or go to jail..
    wait, are you a man? are you 18? lol WE ALL FUCKING DO THIS.

- - - Updated - - -

what?.......
    You should type the entire message at once instead of typing 1 snarky sentences and then adding the base of your story later.
    Last edited by mmoc9478eb6901; 2016-02-02 at 10:17 PM.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    For some reason I just vaguely remember my dad saying I could be drafted one day by Germany because I was born there. I have a dual citizenship (Germany and British), though, and I am a woman. I probably misunderstood him.... it was years ago.
    Hm, I can't find any details about the registration process, but it appears that Germany actually got rid of it's conscription in 2010.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Sure they are just as capable, depends on the task, men have a lots of body weight, and depending on where the fight is being smaller can come with advantages, but lets be honest, women being physically capable has fuck all to do with the concern coming from the Menz.

7+ Year Old Account
    First off you are a fucking solider and you will die for as little or as much stupidity as the country you are fighting for sees fit, regardless to if women are drafted or not.

As for your cousins well, they are open to any number of hazards people face in war just as anybody else, it's war, not a game paintball capture the flag.
    I feel like you give off a more unrealistic opinion about the military and combat than I do...

I never have said it was like call of duty or like paintball...your words not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiift View Post
    You should type the entire message at once instead of typing 1 snarky sentences and then adding the base of your story.
    you've knackered my troll card.

still, what? you have a point, i'm sure please make it

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I'm a woman and I'm 30. For some reason, as said a page back, I thought you were a female - I always thought you were. My mistake, sorry.
    It's ok Winter Blossom, you will be the greatest Female Ninja Warrior EVER!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    you've knackered my troll card.

still, what? you have a point, i'm sure please make it
    Women are weaker. Period. Soldiers at war is a team effort. Your gonna apply weak(er) links to a cable. It will break.