Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    Deleted

Where did all the flat earth wackjobs go?

It seems that for a few weeks over the festive season, social networking sites, forums and YouTube were overrun with conspiracy obsessed pseudo-scientists proclaiming their irrefutable evidence that the earth was in fact flat, the sun was only a few miles up in the sky and that the entire universe revolved around us.
    Where did they all go? Did they suddenly begin to see the flaws in their own argument? Maybe NASA had them 'taken care of' before the big secret finally got taken seriously.

What are you smoking? Just search youtube. There's still a quintilian or so videos out there of them with nutjobs commenting on them.

Deleted
    They jumped off the rim ofc, what a silly thing to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    What are you smoking? Just search youtube. There's still a quintilian or so videos out there of them with nutjobs commenting on them.
    This. Last week a crazy rapper spouted some bullshit which brought them out further, but thankfully they retreated again to their caves. Why would you even care, I'm glad they are back in their holes.

10+ Year Old Account
    they walked off the edge.

But if the earth is round why don't penguins fall off?

Facts are facts OP.

Deleted
    actually, flat earthers are nice. It's fun to watch youtube videos debunking their shit and making fun of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're busy celebrating their guy winning in Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    They're busy celebrating their guy winning in Iowa.
    Cruz? /10confused

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are right here. It's good for some laughs if you're bored.
    http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/

Probably lots of trolls trolling people with the flat Earth thing who went away after everyone lost interest.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

This is a thing? I didn't know this was a thing. How intensely interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by ghotihook View Post
    They are right here. It's good for some laughs if you're bored.
    http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/
    Wow, this is giving me some good ideas.

It's strange, some of them are quite eloquent (obviously educated to some extent) - it's tempting to mock - but I'm very curious as to what drives them.
    Last edited by RapBreon; 2016-02-04 at 02:06 PM.

How do they explain that i can take a plane reaching Russia both from the Pacific and the Atlantic? I wish i could meet one in real life to hear what they have to say about that.

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    They are there as much as always. Media (mass and social) only brings them up every couple of years when there isn't much else to talk about.

Quote Originally Posted by RapBreon View Post
    This is a thing? I didn't know this was a thing. How intensely interesting.

Wow, this is giving me some good ideas.

It's strange, some of them are quite eloquent (obviously educated to some extent) - it's tempting to mock - but I'm very curious as to what drives them.
    From a thread debunking the earth is a rotating sphere:

It's just that on miff busters they went to this big observatory up a huge elevated height and watched some old woman press a button that sent this huge gigawatt laser beam at the muwn and its laser reflekta then get it back at the observatory a few seconds later.

In the few seconds it took to send and receive (about 4 approx), the Earth should have spun away from this rebounded beam by just under half a mile or so.

Anyway I don't suppose silly things like that matter in the world of loser beams to the muwn.
    I'll have a look in the cupboard to see if I have a muwn laser to try out.
    Ow, my head.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    they walked off the edge.
    In more ways than one.

They moved off to other money makers like Global Coo... er... Global Warmi... err, umm... Climate Change!! Ya! Thats it!

They jumped off the edge of the earth, ofcourse... jeez get it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    Cruz? /10confused
    He's anti-science, so I expect his supporters are likely the sort of people that are as well, hence equating him with flat Earthers.

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    From a thread debunking the earth is a rotating sphere:

Ow, my head.
    While I agree a lot of it sounds Looney Tunes as fuck, there must be a kernel of rationality (there always is) that drives it. I suspect it would take some considerable effort to uncover though.

As for that specific guy...he's not a great example of what I meant :P