Thread: Dave Mirra dead

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    If you dont know who he is and then make some arrogant post just gtfo.
    The guy was a legend and ment alot in the bmx world.

i remember him from being on the show that travis pastrana had, nitro circus.

don't exactly know much about the whole scene, but it's always sad to hear someone committed suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    This community is poison bro, don't be surprised

Quote Originally Posted by koekai View Post
    Nobody watches BMX though. Ergo nobody here knows who this is
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So are people going to go to CTE for everything like this now?

There was a former University of Iowa football player that died of Pain meds OD and people even blamed CTE for that.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    So are people going to go to CTE for everything like this now?

There was a former University of Iowa football player that died of Pain meds OD and people even blamed CTE for that.
    Well post concussion I'm not surprised it's the flavor of the year.

Rich guy with a wife and kids kills himself. We should all care.

Uhh, no.

Interesting to see how many compassionless people there are saying "fuck him" and "good riddance". I hate the fkn idiotnet, though I doubt this mentality is limited to the anonymous fools that cling to message boards like roaches in a home.

Wait until the day that you have a loved one take their own life because they were so desperate that they truly felt there was no other option. Maybe some day your child or father or spouse will say "can't do it and I have no other choice" and they off themselves. Would LOVE to see where your mind goes if that ever happens to you heartless fuckstains. I'm betting you'll have a different perspective at that point.

I'm not saying that anyone should praise him for doing what he did, but comments like "he took the easy way out" are bullshit. Ever tried to kill yourself? Have you ever succeeded (of course not)? It's not easy as you think it is...else, we'd all be dead at the first sign of conflict. Probably should shut your fkn face rather than imply you are an expert in depression/psychology by saying "fuck that dude". Depression is a motherfucker and isn't as easy as your shitty limited world-view makes it seem it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    :c loved his bmx game.
    Indeed. Only BMX game I've ever really cared about. RIP Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    Rich guy with a wife and kids kills himself. We should all care.

Uhh, no.
    Rich people for some reason allegedly have more mental problems than broke people who struggle everyday. That holds up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fooliuscaesar13 View Post
    Interesting to see how many compassionless people there are saying "fuck him" and "good riddance". I hate the fkn idiotnet, though I doubt this mentality is limited to the anonymous fools that cling to message boards like roaches in a home.

Wait until the day that you have a loved one take their own life because they were so desperate that they truly felt there was no other option. Maybe some day your child or father or spouse will say "can't do it and I have no other choice" and they off themselves. Would LOVE to see where your mind goes if that ever happens to you heartless fuckstains. I'm betting you'll have a different perspective at that point.

I'm not saying that anyone should praise him for doing what he did, but comments like "he took the easy way out" are bullshit. Ever tried to kill yourself? Have you ever succeeded (of course not)? It's not easy as you think it is...else, we'd all be dead at the first sign of conflict. Probably should shut your fkn face rather than imply you are an expert in depression/psychology by saying "fuck that dude". Depression is a motherfucker and isn't as easy as your shitty limited world-view makes it seem it is.
    Tell you what I'm not gonna do when a loved one dies. Post it on the internet and hope for a good reaction. There's no denying this is sad. But past that what do you want from us? How can you empathize about someone you've never known who allegedly lived a great life with lots of money to spare?

Why should I feel bad about someone who has all the chances and opportunities but allegedly kills themselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narcyssa View Post
    Gotta love the heartless people... I don't agree with suicide and think it is a cowards way out, but come on, the guy was a legend. Feel bad for his kids/family
    How is it a cowards way out? Sure some people might do for those reasons but 99% of the time, the person is sick. Depression is REALLY REALLY bad. I mean, it's something that fucks with your brain/mind and tells you that killing yourself is okay and fine.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-cte/79869822/

This article even talks about him POSSIBLY having CTE. I suspect we won't know until an autopsy is performed, if one does?

Brain injuries and sicknesses are real and yes, deadly, people needs to get out of this old way of thinking, "coward's way out" etc.
    Nothing and Everything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Well post concussion I'm not surprised it's the flavor of the year.
    Without the NFL being blubbering asses, Concussion would've been a Lifetime movie at best. Terrible movie.

- - - Updated - - -

Rich people for some reason allegedly have more mental problems than broke people who struggle everyday. That holds up.

- - - Updated - - -

Tell you what I'm not gonna do when a loved one dies. Post it on the internet and hope for a good reaction. There's no denying this is sad. But past that what do you want from us? How can you empathize about someone you've never known who allegedly lived a great life with lots of money to spare?

Why should I feel bad about someone who has all the chances and opportunities but allegedly kills themselves.
    More money more problems. Gonna be hard to sell that to plebs who are convinced that money is never earned via sacrifice though.

Without the NFL being blubbering asses, Concussion would've been a Lifetime movie at best. Terrible movie.

- - - Updated - - -

More money more problems. Gonna be hard to sell that to plebs who are convinced that money is never earned via sacrifice though.
    I'm sure there are more problems, but there's also more solutions. Let's call being rich a flat million dollars. More than enough to say, stress isn't worth it anymore. Sell off everything and cash it out, move to somewhere lowkey and live an absolutely stress free life.

- - - Updated - - -

Feeling bad for someone is not empathy, nor is it compassion.
    You can disagree with the action while being compassionate enough to agree that it is sad that it occurred. I couldn't care less if someone posted it on the internet or not; the fact that someone was down enough to think that suicide was the only way out is terrible.
    I'm not saying that we should celebrate the action; I'm saying that it doesn't deserve a round of "fuck him", and I am saying that people would have a different perspective if this was someone that they cared about instead of some dude that did stunts on TV. The reactions in this thread show a lack of compassion and a lack of humanity and I feel that if people had a different experience with it, most wouldn't be so damn quick to judge.

Edit: as for "what do you want from us": How about not being a bunch of judgmental assclowns and maybe look at this suicide (or any, for that matter) from a different angle. Pretend it was a family member or loved one and walk yourself mentally through how you'd feel if your parent/sibling/spouse offed themselves instead of talking their depression over with you. What they go through is not easy, despite how you'd handle it, and what they end up doing is neither cowardly nor is it easy either.

Just sayin - you wouldn't be so quick to talk shit.
    Last edited by fooliuscaesar13; 2016-02-06 at 04:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure there are more problems, but there's also more solutions. Let's call being rich a flat million dollars. More than enough to say, stress isn't worth it anymore. Sell off everything and cash it out, move to somewhere lowkey and live an absolutely stress free life.
    That's not how it works.

A poor person can't just "cash out a million dollars" and be lowkey.

Look at how many lotto winners get a small editorial about how winning the lottery actually ruined their lives.

Not surprised in the least that most folks around here have no idea who he was.

Definitely a sad thing to hear about, he definitely pushed boundaries with what he did.

That's not how it works.

Look at how many lotto winners get a small editorial about how winning the lottery actually ruined their lives.
    that's a different case. those people usually start buying loads of expensive shit, without stopping to think for a moment that their new wealth isn't renewable.

i've heard it said that rich people problems could be from a lack of the need to really worry or fight anymore. it goes back to evolution and out animal brains, not being able to handle being so detached from our nature. poor people have to work and struggle, worry about paying the bills on time.

i could see it being something similar to that, but more human and less animal. rich people don't really feel anything satisfying anymore... like, they may lose the ability to appreciate the small things. the struggling parent feeling the joy of their kids and thinking about taking care of them and such, being able to realize "at least i have something" ya know. the struggle serves to keep us human, i guess.

That's not how it works.

That to me is a problem of self discipline. The lottery didn't ruin their lives. They ruined their lives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    that's a different case. those people usually start buying loads of expensive shit, without stopping to think for a moment that their new wealth isn't renewable.

i've heard it said that rich people problems could be from a lack of the need to really worry or fight anymore. it goes back to evolution and out animal brains, not being able to handle being so detached from our nature. poor people have to work and struggle, worry about paying the bills on time.

i could see it being something similar to that, but more human and less animal. rich people don't really feel anything satisfying anymore... like, they may lose the ability to appreciate the small things. the struggling parent feeling the joy of their kids and thinking about taking care of them and such, being able to realize "at least i have something" ya know. the struggle serves to keep us human, i guess.
    Social pressure from family and friends looking for "their cut".

Taxes and other things making it a lot more complicated than it has to be.

A lot of people think all will change for the better once they hit big money. But if I ever did, I would prepare for the most difficult days of my life. I'd ideally just disappear shortly after winning and reappear only when i'm ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    2016 sucks. Its like 2009 all over again.
    get ready for more of it. calling it now 2016 is going to be a bad year all around.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    How is it a cowards way out? Sure some people might do for those reasons but 99% of the time, the person is sick. Depression is REALLY REALLY bad. I mean, it's something that fucks with your brain/mind and tells you that killing yourself is okay and fine.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...-cte/79869822/

This article even talks about him POSSIBLY having CTE. I suspect we won't know until an autopsy is performed, if one does?

Brain injuries and sicknesses are real and yes, deadly, people needs to get out of this old way of thinking, "coward's way out" etc.
    why shouldn't they be able to do that? it's their bodies.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.