Page 1 of 2
LastLast

What spec "feels" better and have bigger potential for Legion(Arms or Fury).

I'am interesting to hear opinions of alpha testers in comparing these two specs overall.

Arms no doubt. Fury rotation is all over the place, and blizzard for whatever reason has made fury the "take more damage than anyone else" spec.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Arms no doubt. Fury rotation is all over the place, and blizzard for whatever reason has made fury the "take more damage than anyone else" spec.
    It's to offset the "have more hp than anyone else" spec thing that they have going right now

well save warlocks, but warlock balance is a myth

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    It's to offset the "have more hp than anyone else" spec thing that they have going right now

well save warlocks, but warlock balance is a myth
    I am fully aware of the reasoning. There are numerous reasons however why "Get 15% more health" in no way offets "Take 30% more damage"

Especially when you have to talent for it, and how almost every single other spec get passive percentage damage mitigations without taking more damage to get it (for instance an early outlaw talent is taking 10% less damage at all times).

Not in Alpha but from stalking the forums it seems arms is playing better until they inevitably wreck it because of reasons.

Deleted
    Not in the alpha, but I have watched alot of streams. My "go to" when it comes to warrior videos is Bajheera. He has also made clips with both fury and arms warriors in Legion (you can find them on YouTube) where he looks at talents and artifact traits etc. They give a good impression on how it is atm.

I am fully aware of the reasoning. There are numerous reasons however why "Get 15% more health" in no way offets "Take 30% more damage"

Especially when you have to talent for it, and how almost every single other spec get passive percentage damage mitigations without taking more damage to get it (for instance an early outlaw talent is taking 10% less damage at all times).
    It's more like get 45% more health once the artifact is taken into account.

It is a gain, the only downside is the healing sponginess of it. I maintain it's still a bad mechanic for the game overall, but it's more beneficial for the Warrior than it is detrimental.

Quote Originally Posted by Archimtiros View Post
    It's more like get 45% more health once the artifact is taken into account.

It is a gain, the only downside is the healing sponginess of it. I maintain it's still a bad mechanic for the game overall, but it's more beneficial for the Warrior than it is detrimental.
    aw they added the health bonus as baseline? My B

aw they added the health bonus as baseline? My B
    It's been there since the start, there's just no spell effect or tooltip for it (like most important things in the game). Fury gains ~30% baseline and from TG stamina all the time, and another 15% from the artifact when enraged.

There are also ways to play around the 30% increase damage from being enraged by simply not pressing BT shortly before a major burst of damage, if you're willing to sac some DPS. I'll be honest and say that I really dislike the way they're doing Fury, but there are ways currently to work around its downsides without too much hassle.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

I realize people are kind of saying arms is better because fury has some problems, but is arms just ok and better than the one with problems, or is it actually fun? from what I've seen it doesn't look actually fun at all

Quote Originally Posted by Pizzakid2093 View Post
    I realize people are kind of saying arms is better because fury has some problems, but is arms just ok and better than the one with problems, or is it actually fun? from what I've seen it doesn't look actually fun at all
    Go read any number of the threads on it already. There's a pretty overwhelming consensus.

I'll say it's one of the best warrior specs I've played in the 11 years I've played my warrior.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Stoked for arms since i lost 2h frost
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    Fury looks fun, a couple of mechanical issues but it looks hella fun. Arms just looks a bit boring.

Deleted
    I've been having a lot more fun with Arms. It's simple but functional and it has some really satisfying combos. Whirlwind doesn't suck anymore and Corrupted Rage+Bladestorm is absolutely monstrous burst AoE. Slam is a bit boring though, it's weak and doesn't really interact with the rest of the spec except for the 20% chance to reset CS. I also really fucking hate tabrending, hopefully we'll get a Rend spreading mechanic like the old Blood and Thunder.

Fury feels too messy right now. Needs to be boiled down to remove superfluous buttons and mechanics, I'd get rid of Furious Slash for example. It also has too much RNG which makes it a bit frustrating.

Fury rotation is all over the place
    Fury looks fun, a couple of mechanical issues but it looks hella fun.
    Fury feels too messy right now. Needs to be boiled down to remove superfluous buttons and mechanics, I'd get rid of Furious Slash for example. It also has too much RNG which makes it a bit frustrating.
    I mean, that's every expansion since WoTLK. You can dust off same complaints every expac and they stay true for Fury: rotation is spotty, too much RNG, Wild Strike/Furious Slash/<insert name of filler ability> sucks, need more crit (?).

Cata version were sort of functional at start, and felt pretty berserk with Heroic Strike and without having more "furious" in ability names. Why Blizzard doesn't look back that way is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    You've got it backwards. The 30% dmg debuff is there to fulfill a reckless berserker fantasy. The HP buff is there to offset the implementation of that fantasy. There's no reason the debuff is there other than that's the way Blizzard wants it.

A problem with fury is mastery scaling, it's really the only thing that allows warriors to scale tier to tier.

At the end of SOO I was at 50% mastery and 55% crit. At the end of hfc I was at 46% mastery and 20% crit. That's with 8 sec enrage and still doing terrible dps

I've done some raid testing with Arms and levelled it to 108 (max on Alpha).. It's genuinely good and for me very fun, it has the potential to perform well in all situations. There are some bugs or issues.

Sweeping Strikes - Execute currently doesn't sweeping strike unless both targets are below 20% (assuming/hoping it's a bug).
    Defensive Stance - Is increasing damage done by 25% (Bug) and is as a result partially responsible for the high dps claims.
    Cleave - Great idea but its very buggy and picky with positioning right now, causing it to not always hit targets.
    Tactiction (AKA CS reset) - 20% chance results in a surprisingly often spamming for eternity with no resets... RNG VERY INFLUENCE!
    Charge - (All specs) - Buggy as shit on Alpha, often consumes a charge without actually charging, instead of giving error message like on live.

Once they fix up the bugs and polish off the numbers Arms should be fantastic. I really hope they can iron out the RNG quite a bit during that tuning though, we didn't spend the entire WOD expansion moaning about RNG for them to make it worse in Legion. In Legion alpha your RNG is considerably more important than your playing skill when it comes to DPS performance as Arms, in a generic environment anyway.. And that is something I hope they can improve on.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4