Page 1 of 41
... LastLast
    Deleted

Black Pride vs White Pride - Wikipedia Racism?

So this picture has been floating around for a while and I've only just seen it.

In my opinion, this needs to change. It is not good for anybody.

Let's take a look at the outcome of this -

1. White person sees this and feels put out.
    2. White person thinks, "hey, this is racist"
    3. Ethnic person sees this and thinks "White priveledge, white people deserve to be put in a bad light like this"
    4. Ethnic person feels initially smug or that a small amount of justice has happened.
    5. White person thinks "mmkay, if this is how things are going to be, screw ethnic battle for equality, I can't be bothered to support "equality" at all if this is what is going to happen"

White person goes on his/her merry way in life, ethnic person is left to fight for him/herself having lost support from chunks of society.

So, seriously, how does bad mouthing white people help society whatsoever?

In my opinion it doesn't. As a white person, every time I see something like this, the less I feel inclined to help any ethnic person less fortunate than me.

It drives me away from WANTING to help.

Anybody else feel like this, or am I an exception?

Last edited by mmoc2d3bbfa13e; 2016-02-14 at 09:22 AM.

Deleted
    obnoxious minority pandering

Deleted
    White people can't be proud.
    All because we have cucks being ashamed of what they are. Of being White.

I think the difference is between taking pride in ones culture in a way to prevent discrimination (the first 3 examples) versus segregating/discriminating against other groups (white pride example).

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    I think the difference is between taking pride in ones culture in a way to prevent discrimination (the first 3 examples) versus segregating/discriminating against other groups (white pride example).
    It can go both ways for all of those examples.

I mean they're not wrong. "White pride" has historically been the rallying cry for skin heads, bigots, and supremacists.

Or white person sees this and doesn't give a fuck because he/she does not identify himself/herself with skin color?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    I mean they're not wrong. "White pride" has historically been the rallying cry for skin heads, bigots, and supremacists.
    As was fucking Black pride. And still is.

So has black pride, the cry uttered by Pan-Africanists, Afrocentrists, the Black Panthers, etc etc. Never mind the bigoted enmity Asians hold for both each other and other races, it's only white pride that's problematic. That you don't put these categories in the same list suggests you buy into the "racism is power + prejudice" argument, which is an intellectually bankrupt argument.

Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    As was fucking Black pride.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nadiru View Post
    So has black pride, the cry uttered by Pan-Africanists, Afrocentrists, the Black Panthers, etc etc. Never mind the bigoted enmity Asians hold for both each other and other races, it's only white pride that's problematic. That you don't put these categories in the same list suggests you buy into the "racism is power + prejudice" argument, which is an intellectually bankrupt argument.

You'll notice right there in the derpy little graphic it includes groups like the Black Panthers under black pride. What's the word you guys have for people who get offended at things that aren't there?

The difference is there's been plenty of significant entirely positive movements encouraging pride in African American heritage, where as white pride as a movement has pretty much just been skin heads.

Deleted
    You'll notice right there in the derpy little graphic it includes groups like the Black Panthers under black pride. What's the word you guys have for people who get offended at things that aren't there?

The difference is there's been plenty of significant entirely positive movements encouraging pride in African American heritage, where as white pride as a movement has pretty much just been skin heads.
    And KKK and other groups are included under White pride, that doesn't mean everyone wants to fucking gas other races.
    But liberals like you are unable to comprehend such things. Your worldview would be destroyed and you wouldn't know what to do.

And KKK and other groups are included under White pride, that doesn't mean everyone wants to fucking gas other races.
    I have no idea what you're going on about, but I suspect in this case your avatar is applicable. "White Pride" has been the rallying cry for racists for generations in the US. The summary says as much. "Black Pride" has been a mixed back of positive and negative groups. The summary says as much.

Ya'll being a bunch of silly "SJWs"

10+ Year Old Account
    But liberals like you are unable to comprehend such things. Your worldview would be destroyed and you wouldn't know what to do.
    Why are you triggered so easily?

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    There's no meaningful difference between the "Anti SJW" crowd and the people they bitch about constantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    "Pride" movements are not about being superior over another group, they are about disenfranchised people coping with society. Pride movements are also primarily an American phenomena due do our history. <insert minority class> pride is historically about a group of people being being viewed as equals within society. 'White Pride' has historically been about making sure the minorities are below them within society. Its really not that hard to understand. Black/Asian/Women/Gay has always been about gaining a equal footing compared to white males. Its not so much about white pride being racist, its that 'white pride' some off as gloating and being bigoted since are already the majority an permutate all aspects of society - as a whole.

You have to realize that the first 3 groups in the image of the OP involve groups of people who were systemattically discriminated just 50 years ago, the same age as most of our parents. Blacks and Asian's are in a much better position now but casual racism still exist. Its still legal in some states to fire gays for just being gay, how your sexual orientation relates to job performance is beyond me.

TLDR: "White Pride" is historically attributed to white supremacist groups, <insert minority> pride is history attributed to gaining equality. Why do I feel like I'm being baited?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Deleted
    I have no idea what you're going on about, but I suspect in this case your avatar is applicable. "White Pride" has been the rallying cry for racists for generations in the US. The summary says as much. "Black Pride" has been a mixed back of positive and negative groups. The summary says as much.

Ya'll being a bunch of silly "SJWs"
    The summary says that Black Panthers and other fucks were using Black Pride for centuries and so were other idiots.
    Just because you brand them as "people standing up to the man" doesn't make them being that.

Just like BLM idiots.

The entire push for national self-determination that is so prevalent amongst Aftocentrists and Pan-Africanists was originally a European pride movement to give ethnic Germans, Italians, Serbs, the Polish, etc etc, their countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mmomaths View Post
    So this picture has been floating around for a while and I've only just seen it.

In my opinion, this needs to change. It is not good for anybody.

Well then it is good that you took it upon yourself to make that decision for everybody else.

Let's take a look at the outcome of this -
    Ok!

1. White person sees this and feels put out.
    That's Unfortunate.
    2. White person thinks, "hey, this is racist"
    That's true, and another white person might not decide to give a shit considering the long fucking history and traditions of racism that brought us to where we are now.

3. Ethnic person sees this and thinks "White privilege, white people deserve to be put in a bad light like this"
    Well if a black person sees that and thinks white privilege then he is right, if he then chooses to be a racist asshole as a result he is wrong.
    4. Ethnic person feels initially smug or that a small amount of justice has happened.
    I think you mean racist white person assumes that because they think so very little of the average black person, which is racism.
    5. White person thinks "mmkay, if this is how things are going to be, screw ethnic battle for equality, I can't be bothered to support "equality" at all if this is what is going to happen"
    Then said white person is just as big of an asshole and racist, as anybody else of any other color looking for an excuse to hate people, not to mention that isn't really how racism works. Racism is a character flaw, and it is a stupid belief that because every human being is different that some how means, some based on their skin are not equal or inferior.
    White person goes on his/her merry way in life, ethnic person is left to fight for him/herself having lost support from chunks of society.
    So what, said person was just bound to find some excuse in the end to justify their idiotic views on race, which is exactly why racism is fucking stupid.

So, seriously, how does bad mouthing white people help society whatsoever?
    Recognizing the truth about the world, our past, is no more racist than things such as stats and Crime Statistics in and of themselves, it comes down to how people want to apply it.

Just because white people who primarily invented the whole pride in ones race for the most part as a way of putting down other races, it doesn't mean that others who take that same pride to build them selves up after so much effort has been made to tear someone down for their race is the same.

It can lead to the very same place, which is why over all I don't support ANY PRIDE in race or national origins,sex or sexual orientation, because quit simply it isn't something anybody had a choice about, and being born any particular race is not going to mean you are better or worse than anybody that came before you.

However, just because that is how I feel, doesn't mean I blame people of color who embrace pride in their race as a means to try to lift some up in a world that for the most part consciously or not send them signals to hate themselves for not being white.

In my opinion it doesn't. As a white person, every time I see something like this, the less I feel inclined to help any ethnic person less fortunate than me.
    Then fucking don't your help or empathy isn't fucking required, you shouldn't be a racist for yourself, NOT because you feel obligated to not be. Because if you do, then you don't really give a shit as much as you might think.

It drives me away from WANTING to help.

Anybody else feel like this, or am I an exception?
    No, because despite the past, I don't let shit like that control my thoughts or feelings, there are a shit load of white people who are racist as fuck, and yes this country has a long history of promoting it.

But I also know a lot of white people who aren't who don't deserve racism directed at or towards them, and I would defend anybody regardless of color on that. However it doesn't excuse or brush of the history of this country, it just means that I and others don't need to let that truth stand going forward.

Meaning changing our behaviors and attitudes, which is why I segregate people based on Ideas NOT color, or Sex or Sexual Orientation.

Shit like this without context means nothing.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

The summary says that Black Panthers and other fucks were using Black Pride for centuries and so were other idiots.
    Just because you brand them as "people standing up to the man" doesn't make them being that.
    You seriously must be hallucinating posts or something dude. Your posts don't bear even a passing relevance to the ones you're quoting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I'm triggered because I'm discussing certain topics with self-hating Whites.
    It makes me feel dumb. I feel dumber because of it.