Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Naturally no one will see any consequences for this. Fucking disgusting.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty shocked, RT have picked up the story, and are going with the narrative that it was probably Assad's forces or Russia's O.o

Is something happening they want to deflect attention from or something?

It was presumably inadvertent, which has happened before in the history of warfare. That, or like is typical of Islamist militants in general, they were cowardly hiding tactical targets amongst civilians or relief workers as unwilling human shields. In those cases, it's the cowards who bear moral responsibility for their deaths as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    I'm pretty shocked, RT have picked up the story, and are going with the narrative that it was probably Assad's forces or Russia's O.o

Is something happening they want to deflect attention from or something?
    The Russian government has been denying any and all civilian casualties as "lies and propaganda". Recently, many European countries have been voicing rather vehemently, about the attrocities committed by the Russia/Assad coalition against civilians and how they are deliberately bombing them. They can't keep repeating "their have been no civilian casualties", or else it starts to look too good to be true and would likely start to back fire on them.

This would be the best time show that the Russian citizens that the Russian forces made A mistake (malfunction most likely) and then apologize while offering aid. All while flinging shit at the west for not doing the same when it happens to them.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    It was presumably inadvertent, which has happened before in the history of warfare. That, or like is typical of Islamist militants in general, they were cowardly hiding tactical targets amongst civilians or relief workers as unwilling human shields. In those cases, it's the cowards who bear moral responsibility for their deaths as far as I'm concerned.
    THREE hospitals have been hit today, each with multiple strikes.

There is nothing "inadvertent" about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    THREE hospitals have been hit today, each with multiple strikes.

There is nothing "inadvertent" about this.
    And what of the possibility of the targets using them as human shields? Again, the moral weight of their deaths falls first on the spineless cowards hiding behind them.

Or do you guys figure Putin's just YOLO raiding hospitals like a Bond villain?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Kilnmaster View Post
    In PvP you're always being told to go after the Healers, this is no different.
    I LOL'ed at this.

But realistically its probably another case where terrorists hide in schools churches apartment complexes and hospitals.

If we're going to stop them we have to play the game by their rules.
    MAGA
    When all you do is WIN WIN WIN

I'm guessing Russia hit the hospital in Idlib by mistake (still abominable) and turkey attacked the one in Azaz to put the blame on them and to weaken the kurdish insurgeants. Azas is in kurdish controlled space, is it not? Only one shelling them was Turkey, as far as I remember. I also wonder why there's being so much heat over this, since hospitals were subject to attacks for months now, and also how MSF is so clear as to who's to blame. Where do they get their info from? Especially if it was ballistic missiles and not jets. There's no way for anyone to determine what nationality a missile has unless they had training.

Didn't the US hit a "doctors without borders"-hospital some months ago? Maybe they still think it's ok to target hospitals filled with terrorists. Russia could have seen that the US didn't get any flak for this "accident" and could now be doing the same.

We should treat both cases equally. Can't hate on one nation while defending the others war crime.
    Last edited by lonely zergling; 2016-02-15 at 06:11 PM.

And what of the possibility of the targets using them as human shields? Again, the moral weight of their deaths falls first on the spineless cowards hiding behind them.

Would not be the first time they use human shield if that's how it went down, it's the Islamic way of war after all, using human shields and having weapons and ammo hidden inside schools, hospitals and other civilian buildings, and using civilian vehicles like ambulances and taxis to transport troops and weapons. Daesh and hamas likes to use those tactics the most.

Then they try to use that as propaganda showing the dead people that they put there.

Then again we don't know, maby they felt like dropping a few for the hell of it.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-02-15 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it was the US everyone would have know by now. Russia would have been spinning its propaganda wheel. Radials would be burning flags in the street. MMO-Champ would by condeming very bomb the US has ever dropped.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Maybe Medicine without Borders will pull out of Syria and let all the ISIS recruits just die, now.
    Cheerful lack of self-preservation

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Didn't the US hit a "doctors without borders"-hospital some months ago? Maybe they still think it's ok to target hospitals filled with terrorists. Russia could have seen that the US didn't get any flak for this "accident" and could now be doing the same.

We should treat both cases equally. Can't hate on one nation while defending the others war crime.
    The US attack, at least if it's the one I'm recalling, hit a hospital as collateral damage in a terrorist-controlled city.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Maybe Medicine without Borders will pull out of Syria and let all the ISIS recruits just die, now.
    Yeah man, fuck Doctors without Borders; they're practically the enemy!

/s

/smh
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    I'm guessing Russia hit the hospital in Idlib by mistake (still abominable) and turkey attacked the one in Azaz to put the blame on them and to weaken the kurdish insurgeants. Azas is in kurdish controlled space, is it not? Only one shelling them was Turkey, as far as I remember. I also wonder why there's being so much heat over this, since hospitals were subject to attacks for months now, and also how MSF is so clear as to who's to blame. Where do they get their info from? Especially if it was ballistic missiles and not jets. There's no way for anyone to determine what nationality a missile has unless they had training.
    Lovely spin, first was a mistake, rest were probably the turks.

Russia needs to own it's mistakes, something the US seems to slowly have learned.

Also how I guess it's then the pro-russians in donbass who's to blame for the cluster bombs hitting civilians? since the pro russians were shooting from civilian areas and all.

It is, however there are some posters here that practice a double standard by criticizing country X for hitting militants hiding among civilian population, bringing a wall of text full of links, shouting their throats out for 50 pages to say how inhumane and how evil the country X is for hitting the militants and having civilians hurt due to the actions of those militants.

But when it comes to Russia, it's suddenly a legitimate target and everything is fine, and anything against it is just an orchestrated smear campaign.

Four hospitals now.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Four hospitals now.
    The fuck?

Was this all done at once, or they bombing nonstop since the first hospital went down?

Either way, the backlash is going to ENORMOUS. 4 hospitals in A single day? I expect some serious political backlash from US/EU.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boomgoesthedynamite View Post
    The fuck?

Was this all done at once, or they bombing nonstop since the first hospital went down?

Either way, the backlash is going to ENORMOUS. 4 hospitals in A single day? I expect some serious political backlash from US/EU.
    Best ceasefire ever.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Best ceasefire ever.
    #progress

Here's a link for those interested, so you don't have to go searching for one

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...northern-syria