Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

[Movie] Star Wars: Episode VIII has started filming

We even got a teaser for it!

- - - Updated - - -

Cast announcement (no Billy Dee Williams, sadly)

Star Wars: Episode VIII, which is written and directed by Rian Johnson and continues the storylines introduced in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, welcomes back cast members Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, Adam Driver, Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Lupita Nyong’o, Domhnall Gleeson, Anthony Daniels, Gwendoline Christie, and Andy Serkis. New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still hoping they'll add Tatiana Maslany, but I'm not holding out hope, as I think Kelly Marie Tran went for the same role.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Preliminary filming started in September, 2015 actually. The 9th in development now
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2016-02-15 at 07:03 PM.

[Movie] Star Wars Episode VIII (2017)

New Cast Members: Laura Dern and Benicio Del Toro. Directed by Rian Johnson. Early B-Roll footage filming started September, 2015. Principle Photography started Feb, 2016.. Release date recently pushed back to December, 15 2017
    Last edited by Nanaboostme; 2016-02-15 at 07:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soo... who will Laura Dern be playing? She's almost 20 years younger than Mark Hamill, but in Hollywood-land I don't think that's enough difference to rule her out as Mara Jade (or a Mara Jade expy).
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    Soo... who will Laura Dern be playing? She's almost 20 years younger than Mark Hamill, but in Hollywood-land I don't think that's enough difference to rule her out as Mara Jade (or a Mara Jade expy).
    Possibly. But I wonder if she'll play the new leader of the republic (since it got wiped out in Episode VII), I could see her in that role or as a general/leader of the resistance.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Merged these two threads before one got too big. Try and keep everything about Episode VIII in one place, please.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/photo-s...021503991.html

Luke skywalker. Just a filming picture
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

I just realized that if they start immediately after the end of VII, it'd be the first time there isn't a gap between movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I just realized that if they start immediately after the end of VII, it'd be the first time there isn't a gap between movies.
    Unless they have a time jump and then flashback.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Unless they have a time jump and then flashback.
    Then it'd be the first Star Wars film with an extended flashback, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Then it'd be the first Star Wars film with an extended flashback, right?
    Depends how long the scene is. Could be it shows them meeting, Luke gets all "now, we train" jumps forward a few years and Rey is now even more broken.

Honestly, I think Space Bear is a great title. Knowing the Internet, "Tale of the Jedi Temple" is a complete hoax

http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/conten...es-jedi-temple

- - - Updated - - -

Confirmed by Ms. Ridley ​et al.:

http://www.slashfilm.com/star-wars-e...-viii-opening/

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think Space Bear is a great title. Knowing the Internet, "Tale of the Jedi Temple" is a complete hoax
    Well as the first past was "The force Awakens" If the force is anything like me, then my money is on "episode VIII: The force gets a cup of coffee" followed by "Episode IX: The force takes a dump"

Not sure for what movie its for but the radio told me this morning star wars is getting a gay character. Didn't get the details
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Hope Disney can keep up the quality of force awakens with churning out all these star wars title. Don't forget getting Rogue one this year too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Not sure for what movie its for but the radio told me this morning star wars is getting a gay character. Didn't get the details
    I don't have a link, but I believe the actor who played Poe Dameron said he played his character as if he was gay

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a link, but I believe the actor who played Poe Dameron said he played his character as if he was gay
    So wait... FinnPoe is Canon? Nniicce.

Tumblr is going to lose its shit ������

No he said he played those scenes like a romance.

Which fits "bromance" as much as it fits "romance". I think they can go either way with it, those actors had awesome chemistry from the moment they were on screen together.

Hmm, if they are planning that, nobody told John Boyega:

Sad news: John Boyega confirmed to me the Finn/Poe romance is not canon and it only exists "in Oscar's head"
    http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-...ys-104647.html
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2016-03-02 at 12:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    That wasn't a teaser.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?