Poll: Should Mythic gear be available outside Raids?

Page 1 of 184
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should Mythic gear be available outside Raids?

What ho,

Would you support the availability of Mythic-quality gear from other sources, outside of raiding? That is, provided the activity requires the same amount of time and effort to complete as Mythic raiding.

• Crafting
    • Dungeons
    • PvP
    • ETC.

Personally I vote yes. I don't see why you shouldn't be able to obtain the best equipment in the game if you spend several hours each day gathering rare reagents or running Mythic dungeons with your friends. As long as you invest time and effort, raiding shouldn't be the only route towards the best loot.
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2016-02-16 at 10:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Yes its good idea. It should be available in crafting profs.

Deleted
    Yes.

What blizzard should do is work out the man hours per gear drop and then ask players to put that much work into other areas in order to acquire it.

300 attempts to kill mythic boss a? That'll be 16 hours worth of mat farming or whatever to get his two drops then.

The thing is, it's rather hard to make those activities take the same amount of time and effort as organizing a 20+ person raid through 10+ bosses.

Also, those other activities are not nearly as effected by gear upgrades as raiding is. If it's possible to get upgrades from them alongside raiding, you would feel pressured to do them regardless of if you wanted to or not. Where as the reverse might not be true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most assuradly yes and not just mythic but tier and trinkets and weapons all of the exact same gear. Raid content should not be priveleged in this.

As long as it's gated behind a similarly time consuming process, I see no issue. Just gathering a handful of materials, that's a terrible idea, but with the new profession systems coming into Legion, add to that some serious grinding needed, and I have no problem what so ever.

If the gear is to match mythic quality, the difficulty/time required to obtain it should be equal. Similar to how FF14 does the relic quest, the weapon is equal to highest raid difficulty, but the grind to obtain it is pretty extreme.

No.

Entry level gear = all that's needed to be obtainable from other sources than raids. Mythic gear should be a reward for actually doing Mythic content.

Same as with PVP. Those Vicious mount saddles come from doing PVP, end of story. If one wants them, one has to do PVP at the level required. And those mounts don't even affect character power.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2016-02-16 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Most assuradly yes and not just mythic but tier and trinkets and weapons all of the exact same gear. Raid content should not be priveleged in this.
    So you mean, the rewards for raiding shouldn't be locked into raids? ... Yeah, that's stupid.

I don't mind off-set pieces and some trinkets being found or crafted outside of raids, but the hate towards people who do raid needs to end. We put more time in, and we ought to be rewarded for our efforts, otherwise the desire to raid will drop as more and more easier content will allow people to just achieve the same result.

It's not actually that many people who enjoy raiding purely and utterly just for the experience. It's also about the prestige, gear and other rewards. Start taking them away, and raiding will nose dive in popularity. And that's a bad idea.

I don't see the probem with it. It's not like gear creates skill so having some mythic gear while not being a mythic raider still won't allow a player to clear the most punishing mythic encounters without some degree of a carry, or raising their own skill level.

My question is, why do you need mythic quality gear if you don't do mythic raids? For soloing old content? Or for farming mobs?

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I do not believe so, unless from upgrades or rare events.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunavale View Post
    The thing is, it's rather hard to make those activities take the same amount of time and effort as organizing a 20+ person raid through 10+ bosses.

Also, those other activities are not nearly as effected by gear upgrades as raiding is. If it's possible to get upgrades from them alongside raiding, you would feel pressured to do them regardless of if you wanted to or not. Where as the reverse might not be true.
    I absolutely see your point.

When it comes to time, it should be fairly easy to balance things out. All it takes it ensuring that you need lots of materials that take a long time to farm.

In terms of effort, I can see some of it behind looted from difficult solo bosses, rares, or even locked behind a reputation. While this wouldn't require the kind of coordination that Mythic raiding requires off you, there would still be other challenges involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyve View Post
    So you mean, the rewards for raiding shouldn't be locked into raids? ... Yeah, that's stupid.

I don't mind off-set pieces and some trinkets being found or crafted outside of raids, but the hate towards people who do raid needs to end. We put more time in, and we ought to be rewarded for our efforts, otherwise the desire to raid will drop as more and more easier content will allow people to just achieve the same result.

It's not actually that many people who enjoy raiding purely and utterly just for the experience. It's also about the prestige, gear and other rewards. Start taking them away, and raiding will nose dive in popularity. And that's a bad idea.
    How could raiding nose dive in popularity any further? Nobody gave a shit before lfr and lfr is basically carrying it.

As long as raiding maintains the monopoly on gear rhe gamr will never have any broad appeal. The priveleged grip raiders have needs to end. It's not anti raider, you can still raid no one is stopping you but clearly the game needs to offer more and it can't do that when raiding has such a monopoly on end game progression.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Yes.

What blizzard should do is work out the man hours per gear drop and then ask players to put that much work into other areas in order to acquire it.

300 attempts to kill mythic boss a? That'll be 16 hours worth of mat farming or whatever to get his two drops then.
    I know you are just throwing numbers out but let's do the math a bit. 300 attempts in 16 hours would be a pull every 3 minutes and some change.but let's just go with it. After 16 hours you get a boss down and it drops 4 items for 20 people to share.

So that means 1/5 of your raid got something for those 16 hours of investment. With that in mind your 16 hours of mat farming giving a guaranteed mythic quality item would greatly outweigh the investment vs reward of mythic raiding. You would need to make the crafted items require a much greater time sink then what you proposed to come close to balancing things out. Not to mention most mythic treams field more then 20 people and swap folks around as needed. This doesn't include time farming for gold/mats for raid supplies or even the inherent difficulty difference between farming materials vs mythic raiding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    My question is, why do you need mythic quality gear if you don't do mythic raids? For soloing old content? Or for farming mobs?
    Because if they don't have BiS gear they get mad that they're not as powerful as those that do.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

They already said you'll be able to get the best gear from different kinds of content in legion, not really sure what that means yet though...

Also you can currently get 725 (which is mythic) gear from dungeons, which is outside of raids.

Personally I feel they need to go the opposite route as far as over-rewarding players, but I'm not holding my breath there.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    This might not apply to everybody. But:

1. Mythic gear generally looks a lot better than other gear, and thus is fun to collect.

2. Even if you don't raid, Mythic gear certainly makes life easier in other areas of the game. I also don't think we should reduce powerful items to being simply stat points that you need in order to progress to the next boss and repeat. Part of the reward mechanism of an RPG is that you obtain cool loot, each item more powerful than the last.

Deleted
    who woulda guessed another anti raiding/mythic thread from mojo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fayolynn View Post
    I know you are just throwing numbers out but let's do the math a bit. 300 attempts in 16 hours would be a pull every 3 minutes and some change.but let's just go with it. After 16 hours you get a boss down and it drops 4 items for 20 people to share.

So that means 1/5 of your raid got something for those 16 hours of investment. With that in mind your 16 hours of mat farming giving a guaranteed mythic quality item would greatly outweigh the investment vs reward of mythic raiding. You would need to make the crafted items require a much greater time sink then what you proposed to come close to balancing things out. Not to mention most mythic treams field more then 20 people and swap folks around as needed. This doesn't include time farming for gold/mats for raid supplies or even the inherent difficulty difference between farming materials vs mythic raiding.
    I agree with this point, and I think it's fair to say that a full set of Mythic crafted items should take about the duration of a full raid tier to collect - assuming you play roughly 4-5 hours a day and spend most of that time gathering materials, reagents, and so on.