Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    As i said in the locked thread, i wish Blizzard make this boxes stack up to 200 or 999. They take so much bag space right now...

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why make the boxes stack? It's your choice to not open them yet, deal with the inventory problem. I know we're playing a fantasy game with magic, the impossible happening etc, but herbs and ore stack to 200. How silly would it be to have a BIG crate of salvage stack to more than 20?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Why make the boxes stack? It's your choice to not open them yet, deal with the inventory problem. I know we're playing a fantasy game with magic, the impossible happening etc, but herbs and ore stack to 200. How silly would it be to have a BIG crate of salvage stack to more than 20?
    With that logic, how can I wear 10 different plate sets in my bags, if I'm a little gnome?

Yes, we can stack ores like this all the way to 200, but not a perfectly square box of salvage? The restored artifacts from archaeology stack all the way to 200 btw.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    To my quoters: There are limits, even for a world of magic and fantasy. The sword and armor argument make no sense... You get one inventory slot for one piece of gear, not 200. We already have accepted our bags can magically hold huge items. The point here is 200 BIG crates in ONE inventory slot of our magic bags. The stone pic offers nothing as well. You can hold 1 huge door-like shield in one inventory bag, 200 ore is nothing. Strawman arguments don't help here. Plus the crates are containers. The restored atrifacts and ore are not.
    Last edited by Fabinas; 2016-04-29 at 07:39 AM.

Maybe they dont stack that hight because blizzard never intended for you to hoard that many of them in the first place?

I mean, what's the point anyway? The contents of the boxes isnt going to change when legion rolls out, you will still get the same stuff if you open them now, as opposde to opening them later. And they have already stated that the Transmog items found in the crates will not be going away, there will still be ways to aquire them.

I honestly have no idea why you would keep the crates. Doing so is almost completely pointless.

5000 crates can hold something like 3500 unique items. 250 bag/bank slots is less than 3500 bank slots. That's the reason people hoard them.

The point here is 200 BIG crates in ONE inventory slot of our magic bags.
    How do you know how big the crates are? Is their size specified anywhere? Maybe they are actually small like 1 cm³.

200 ore is nothing
    Uh, "1 ore" doesn't have any quantification to size or weight applied to it, at all.

Anyway, keep in mind that the crates didn't stack at all in the beginning. So be happy with what we got

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thebdc View Post
    How do you know how big the crates are? Is their size specified anywhere? Maybe they are actually small like 1 cm³.

Uh, "1 ore" doesn't have any quantification to size or weight applied to it, at all.

Anyway, keep in mind that the crates didn't stack at all in the beginning. So be happy with what we got
    As i said in my initial post regarding the matter, WoW is a world of fantasy and magic and the impossible, but at the same time doesn't lack reason. We have bags, crates and BIG crates of salvage. Any reasonable human being would never define BIG like you did.

Don't take the "200 ore is nothing" out of context please. It was used in comparison with a door-like, huge spike-laden shield. And even in a world of magic, 1 or 200 ore has some size, weight and volume associated. We just accept that one inventory slot of our magical bags can hold 200 ore pieces or 1 huge door-like shield or 20 BIG crates of salvage. The request for 200 stacking is absurd, not only because it is against reason, but as mentioned by @Surfd, Blizzard probably doesn't want them hoarded. You even re-inforce that idea by mentioning that they didn't stack at start, but changed (for player convenience i suppose, i totally had forgotten that fact). Anyway, i'm happy with a 20 stack, as i never hoard that stuff.