Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Mormon Church Threatens Same-Sex Couples With Disciplinary Action

https://richarddawkins.net/2016/03/m...linary-action/

A Utah lesbian couple say they’ve been harassed by local Mormon leaders who wanted to bring them before a church court, and some other same-sex couples are coming forward with similar stories.

Leisha and Amanda LaCrone, a married couple with five children in Mount Pleasant, Utah, say they’ve had several bizarre and unwelcome encounters with church representatives, Salt Lake City TV station KTSU reports. Both attended the Mormon Church, formally known as the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, as children, but they have not been involved with the church for years.

Leisha LaCrone said a hardware store employee tried to talk to her about the church a couple of times, and after she declined, the couple started receiving phone calls asking them to meet with the local Mormon bishop, and they also turned down these requests. The topper, they told the station, was when church members hand-delivered a letter saying a disciplinary council — a church court hearing — was being held for Leisha because she had been reported to “have participated in conduct unbecoming a member of the Church.” She posted a picture of the letter on Facebook.

The disciplinary council was scheduled for last Tuesday, but the women did not attend. They assume they were targeted because of their relationship, but they wonder why the church — which last year strengthened its stance against same-sex unions — is coming after them now. Leisha, for one, told KTSU she received a letter of excommunication — expulsion from the church — 15 years ago.

She bears no ill will toward the church, but “I would just like for them to let us live in this society and raise our children, and leave us alone,” she told the station.
    This is just absurd. Why can't they just let people live in peace with who they want to?

Seems rather crazy to harass former members, sounds like this Church needs slapping back into place.

Let's go! Swedish circlejerk involving anti-religious posts.

OT: Because they're mormons, because they believe homosexuality is a choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    What does this 'disciplinary action' entail? Expulsion from the church? If so can't the church just send a letter that expels them and then piss off? What's with this church 'court' stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    What does this 'disciplinary action' entail? Expulsion from the church? If so can't the church just send a letter that expels them and then piss off? What's this church 'court' stuff?
    Seems a bit pointless when the church apparently expelled one of them 15 years ago!

Probably they want to make a statement of power in front of the other members .. who know, some people have to much time on there hands, this church to.

Deleted
    For some reason I read it as "moron church".

Because a book tells them to be strongly opposed to it.
    Last edited by Theoris; 2016-03-07 at 10:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    For some reason I read it as "moron church".
    Well you're technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Quote Originally Posted by Theoris View Post
    -snip-
    Careful with that. I got infracted for joking about religion. These mods really don't like what is supposedly "religion bashing".
    Last edited by Krille; 2016-03-07 at 10:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    Seems a bit pointless when the church apparently expelled one of them 15 years ago!
    Yeah... They really should just expel the other lass via letter and leave them alone.

Quote Originally Posted by edw View Post
    Probably they want to make a statement of power in front of the other members .. who know, some people have to much time on there hands, this church to.
    This might also be the case, if the church is having internal leadership issues their leader might be trying to give a show of power by taking the women to 'court'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Cultist gonna cult.

I bet they mainly have a problem with the weird looking one with the tattoo sleeve. The other one is good looking.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-03-07 at 10:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Careful with that. I got infracted for joking about religion. These mods really don't like what is supposedly "religion bashing".
    Thanks for the tip. Edited just in case.

Why is this news? Who gives a shit what a church is doing to someone in Utah. Why do they feel the need to notify the news media, post this shit on social media. If this is me I send the church a legal response in the form of a seize and desist order explaining I want nothing to do with the church and to take me off their mailing list or what ever list they have me on. The only reason these turds feel the need to play the victim is they are gay who gives a shit. This endless stream of victim stories, boo hoo, grow some and quit your crying already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    Why is this news? Who gives a shit what a church is doing to someone in Utah. Why do they feel the need to notify the news media, post this shit on social media. If this is me I send the church a legal response in the form of a seize and desist order explaining I want nothing to do with the church and to take me off their mailing list or what ever list they have me on. The only reason these turds feel the need to play the victim is they are gay who gives a shit. This endless stream of victim stories, boo hoo, grow some and quit your crying already.
    That's funny that you accuse others of crying yet you took the time to read the title of this thread, click on it, read the article, and then proceeded to cry and entertain us with your verbal diarrhea. Clearly you give give a shit lol.

You're cute when you're mad bro.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

7+ Year Old Account
    It is good to criticize bad ideas though.

However, I agree with the "stop crying" part, since there is no proof of any real harm or damage done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sounds more like these mormons still think she is part of the church.

i'd notify the media as well. the local police too. this kind of shit can lead to violence. one day, a letter might not be all they want to deliver, and show up as a mob and beat them.

they think they've got rights to hold some kind of fucking court over someone? hell fucking no. i'd shut that shit down if i were leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    They need to move away from these crazy ass religious zealots that cause havoc on true humans. Waste of skin assholes like these people should be put down, but I guess that's a whole new subject

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dacoolist View Post
    They need to move away from these crazy ass religious zealots that cause havoc on true humans. Waste of skin assholes like these people should be put down, but I guess that's a whole new subject
    Killing people you disagree with is way worse than non-violent religious activity.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    they think they've got rights to hold some kind of fucking court over someone? hell fucking no. i'd shut that shit down if i were leader.
    Shut what down? There is nothing to shut down. Their "court" is just a cult role playing activity. It isn't a real court.