Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vurrin View Post
    I'm not sure I'd call it a nerf. If anything I'm happy all the AoE talents are on one tier now. Also glad Dragonfire grenade and Snake hunter aren't competing either too. All in all a pretty good step to making each tier of survival a more compelling choice. Work to be done of course but at least the lvl 90 tier is 3 good options now. And the lvl 60 tier could be interesting if Mortal Wounds gets its numbers tweaked. Of the damage tiers only really the lvl 100 tier has a 100% clear winner. the 15-30 iers aren't perfect but I could at least see situations to swap some talents.

All in all I think these changes are good.

They took a third of the the AoE damage from explosive trap and removed SS damage by moving grenade there. It was a good third of our aoe damage. thats a huge nerf.

the whole point of the new talent trees is to allow us ot build all aoe or single target, not choose the best aoe talent and ignore the rest.
    Last edited by Keltas; 2016-06-02 at 10:47 PM.

See I HATE. Absolutely HATE having to choose to spec between pure single target and viable AoE, especially with the new respeccing limitations ( blah blah its only money I know its still an annoyance). To the point where i feel it was terribly designed. It is my strong hope that most other classes forced into making this choice get their aoe tiers merged like Survival. Yes, we lost AoE damage, but if our AoE damage is bad they can just buff that tier rather than juggling a bunch of layered talents that combined into a problem. Overall I feel the attempt by blizzard to allow for choosing your flavor of AoE is a much better way to go overall. Its simpler to choose as a player and simpler to balance as a dev, if not actually simple.

Maybe if this was BM and we had a super simplistic rotation and no buttons to push we could cry about losing some passive DoTs tied to bad buttons, but for survival its fine. As for Explosive trap damage nerfs... well the ability was strong, cost no focus, and had near 100% uptime so I'll just take it as numbers tuning and there's nothing you can do about that.

Also there's some confusion on whether these changes are sticking around? Not sure the tweets are confusing but they are like this on the Beta so unsure.
    Last edited by Vurrin; 2016-06-02 at 11:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dao Dao View Post
    FinalBossTV has released a 2nd pass survival video, in case anyone is interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7LnqprAaxQ
    Which is done on a pvp server with artifact weapon maxed to full with no real game play in dungeons or anything in broken isles...these kinds of previews showing the skills on a target dummy prove nothing that we don't already know

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that the shuffling of talents for several classes and specs is just old data and will be reverted to how they were in an upcoming beta build:

https://twitter.com/Celestalon/statu...75478655209473

The activity in this thread is scary little. Does that mean that hunters are so broken/boring/unplayable that people dont even bother anymore?

If anyone knows about any SV-hunter streams i would love to have the links for them!

Deleted
    Is it just me or does Surv feel like oldschool Blood DK DPS? Where you built up to that window of smashing the shit out of Heartstrike, I found that very fun.
    Or am I missing something? From what I have seen you want to build up your mongoose stacks and then tunnel everything into Mongoose Bite.

Side question: Does anyone have footage of a Surv Hunter using a 2handed Axe/Sword? I'd like to see the animations with those weapons. As my Orc Hunter would feel a lot more....Orc-y, with a massive 2handed Axe, if that makes any sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    Side question: Does anyone have footage of a Surv Hunter using a 2handed Axe/Sword? I'd like to see the animations with those weapons. As my Orc Hunter would feel a lot more....Orc-y, with a massive 2handed Axe, if that makes any sense.
    You still have to follow the rules for transmog. So if you are not able to equip 2handed Axe/Sword, you won't be able to transmog them. So just Polearms and Staves for us Survivals

Quote Originally Posted by Achelon View Post
    You still have to follow the rules for transmog. So if you are not able to equip 2handed Axe/Sword, you won't be able to transmog them. So just Polearms and Staves for us Survivals
    Survival can equip 2-handed swords and axes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by docacola View Post
    This. Hunters have always been able to use 2 handed swords and axes.

it would be an odd design choice if hunters could not equip axes when one of the survival talents allows you to throw axes O_o

Legion Survival SimC development has been ongoing for the past week. The only things missing from the engine itself are Harpoon, Steel Trap, Dragonsfire Grenade and two of the Artifact traits (Eagle's Bite, Talon Strike).

If you've ever seen those green bar charts folks post and wondered where they came from or how they were made, now is a good time to get on board for Legion, rather than waiting on someone else. SimC has always been a collaborative effort within the communities and APL (action lists) for the class engines are always being optimized, even throughout the tier. Which means the more people working on them, the better our information is, the more reliable you can count on theory from others. This also means the more organized communication between collaborators the better our information is, too.

I've documented everything you'd need to get started over on this SV SimC development thread, which includes all the links you'll want to both get started and also see where everything is currently at (obviously because beta). Survival is currently the furthest along in terms of APL work, but will of course require constant iteration. The information provided in the generated HTML charts from SimC can also aid in finding in-game beta bugs.

edit; Sorry about that, EU friends. Cookies should be fixed sitewide. Let me know if they're not.
    Last edited by Nakauri; 2016-06-06 at 06:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by docacola View Post
    You can equip them, but you can't transmog a spear INTO one of them. So once you hit legion and pick up the artifact, you're limited to either Spear or Stace transmogs.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    You can equip them, but you can't transmog a spear INTO one of them. So once you hit legion and pick up the artifact, you're limited to either Spear or Stace transmogs.
    You can transmog any 2h weapon into any 2h weapon you can equip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    You can transmog any 2h weapon into any 2h weapon you can equip.
    Really? I thought it was only to weapons that shared an attack animation?

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

anyone have a log from any raid test?

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Really? I thought it was only to weapons that shared an attack animation?
    They lifted the limitation for 2h with 6.0.2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTharne View Post
    They lifted the limitation for 2h with 6.0.2.
    Awesome, I'll be honest I've been using the same transmog on my pally since... Well since transmog was put in, so I'm not what you'd call an expert on the subject.

They should remove aspect of the turtle for survival and give survival aspect of the bear instead wich reduces our damage taken by 50% for 8 sec. Having an ability that totally block out damage and prevents any action doesnt make sense for a melee. For a ranged it make sense to have some time to open a gap again and get distance. Aslo I think a damage reduction spell would increase survivals surviability since it barley has none.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyomesh View Post
    This. Hunters have always been able to use 2 handed swords and axes.
    I tried to help you with that, I went to old content, trying to obtain a 2 handed sword or axe to transmog, and RNG was just terrible for me, cleared a few old raids, maces after maces. It was very late in the night/early in the morning and the morrow, I thought about just making a warrior, it would unlock the transmog for the 2 handed axe, but it actually didn't. I don't know if it's a a bug or something, was odd. I will look into it, but it was frustrating to not be able to get in most old dungeons and raids because they simply closed them for beta. And there's simply no weapons dropping in legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that the transmog on the beta works as it does on live and you can indeed mog a 2h sword/axe/staff over Talonclaw (or any other polearm for that matter). The proof is in the pudding! You just need to select the weapon type you wish to mog from the drop down box in the upper right hand corner of the transmog window.