Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    So do we get some Maiev story in the book, too? Her and Illidan are both crazy as all hell but also effective, nonetheless.
    According to the RedShirtGuy, yes. The book is told under four rotating different perspective - Illidan, Maiev, Akama and Vandel (Illidan's second in command and most trusted DH, supposedly to be the standin for the Demon Hunter player characters). All of them get decent amount of focus.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2016-03-18 at 05:01 PM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    wat?

10char
    it was in my mind
    this Avatar
    this way of talking
    now it all make sense
    you are him

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I feel pretty disappointed too, I was really hoping to see that in-game as well.

A lot of plot threads seem to be getting tied off lately. I wonder if Warcraft is, well... wrapping up.
    outland still exists, and the nathrezim homeworld was mentioned in wrath. if anything this makes it MORE likely to be seen ingame since now blizz can make one large chunk instead of one part of a whole demon infested planet
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    According to the RedShirtGuy, yes. The book is told under four rotating different perspective - Illidan, Maiev, Akama and Vandel (Illidan's second in command and most trusted DH, supposedly to be the standin for the Demon Hunter player characters). All of them get decent amount of focus.
    damn,I was hoping that the book will be all about from Illidan's perspective.oh well its good to see others perspective I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's true, it would be a way of exploring the nathrezim homeworld without having some reason to not visit the entire thing.

I guess some of this sense of closing down comes from the new plot and Legion - it seems to be hinting at this nascent Titan within Azeroth, and how its more powerful than Sargeras. If Azeroth awakens, all the bad stuff ends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Yak View Post
    I feel pretty disappointed too, I was really hoping to see that in-game as well.

A lot of plot threads seem to be getting tied off lately. I wonder if Warcraft is, well... wrapping up.
    Blizz ties up Pantheon/one legion homeworld (cause honestly I think people would be sick of legion by the time we have legion, then the natherzim homeworld, and then argus...lol) and then creates an even bigger bad that we can't actually defeat until Azeroth becomes a full titan and ontop of that, we have these old gods that never actually die, they die but they still float around and shit or whatever they do.

I think we're far from being wrapped up.

Besides i'm pretty sure even if wow died there'd eventually be another RTS of warcraft. If they wanted it wrapped up then this xpac would be on Argus and void lords wouldn't exist.

I mean wow has had....5 xpacs that didn't have much to do w/ Sargeras himself (BC kinda not really), and now we're getting one but we still won't defeat him or atleast permanently, and now we have a new baddie ontop of that..So if you think about it, they can do a shit ton of xpacs without even really starting to address the voidlords like they did so far w/ Sargeras. And after legion, Sargeras will still be a threat along with the burning legion.

I imagine at some point we'll have an argus xpac, but even then might not be killing Sargeras himself. They also just said in the chronicles the "primary" continent on azeroth they named Kalimdor, so that's them pretty much saying "there's other shit on azeroth not part of the original Kalimdor".

Lots of stuff to get to yet.

I also imagine the nascent titan is still a long time from awaking (could be thousands of years still, meaning unless they intentionally end warcraft, it's not going to happen). Once it awakes i'm pretty sure the planet Azeroth is no more lol.
    Last edited by Vynestra; 2016-03-18 at 05:55 PM.

im thinking next expac will almost definitely either be n'zoth/azshara shenanigans in south seas/raised seafloor/hidden continent OR after pushing back the tide instead of twiddling our thumbs we do what alleria and turalyon did and jump through a portal with them to go on the offensive.

nathrezim homeworld seems like a good shot but it could be any number of worlds. every sentient demon in the legion should have a homeworld to call their own.

personally, id love a more dark comedy based expansion on the imp homeworld.

goblins vs gnomes vs imps.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

I mean with the Demon Hunter players successfully acquiring the Sargerei Keystone, it wouldn't be surprising if we followed through with Illidan's plan from BC.

I can't think of another reason that they would bring up and highlight that part of the story if not for setting up future game ideas.

also with the revelation that the naaru once visited the eredar far in the past i wouldnt be surprised if that were foreshadowing to metzens idea of a faction of eredar/draenei who were on a different naaru ship out there fighting the legion.

could be a good idea for a friendly faction in a planet hopping expac, we attack and we end up getting reinforcements from ancient eredar/naaru. could even make that a sub race in the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Every time I see "Vandel" I start thinking of Vandal Savage and his psychotic smirking face from "Legends of Tomorrow." Maybe they will throw it as a face choice for new Demon Hunters.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    also with the revelation that the naaru once visited the eredar far in the past i wouldnt be surprised if that were foreshadowing to metzens idea of a faction of eredar/draenei who were on a different naaru ship out there fighting the legion.
    Which revelation is this that is different from the story that we've known for years?

Deleted
    another spoiler from RSG:
    He doesn't favor them. He hates both factions, he just mentions he hates the Alliance a little more because of their refusal to do morally grey things for the greater good. He muses if he tried to explain the alliance and horde that he wasn't their enemy and he was fighting the Legion, he feels the Horde wouldn't believe him, and that the Alliance would believe him, but still try to kill him anyway because he'd "gone too far.
    Last edited by mmocbee06df292; 2016-03-18 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    Which revelation is this that is different from the story that we've known for years?
    show me where it was said that the naaru visited argus thousands of years before they saved the eredar?

previously it was just "velen prayed to the light and suddenly the beings of light saved the eredar by letting them board their ships"

not "velen went and studied an ancient naaru artifact gifted to his people and then called them up"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBallfan View Post
    another spoiler from RSG:
    i wonder how he would view them now, the alliance has changed alot since tbc from having warlocks hiding in cellars to varian openly employing warlock soldiers and even having a hot warlock bodyguard in war crimes

7+ Year Old Account
    show me where it was said that the naaru visited argus thousands of years before they saved the eredar?

previously it was just "velen prayed to the light and suddenly the beings of light saved the eredar by letting them board their ships"

not "velen went and studied an ancient naaru artifact gifted to his people and then called them up"
    The Ata'mal crystal was always a thing. It's not new.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    The Ata'mal crystal was always a thing. It's not new.
    except before it was given to velen by the naaru not an ancient artifact

Deleted
    Illidan was really planning to attack Archimonde and Kil'jaden head on:
    Illidan was going to open a portal directly to Kil'jaeden's throneroom on Argus, and he and all his demon hunters (the exact number of them is never stated, but it is at least in the hundreds if not more) would attack Kil'jaeden and Archimonde (Illidan wasn't sure if Archimonde was on Argus or still regenerating in the nether at the time) at once.

If they survived, the portal Illidan set up to Argus was designed the same way as the Nathreza portal, so it closing would have the same effect.

except before it was given to velen by the naaru not an ancient artifact
    It was an ancient artifact, given to Velen by the Naaru.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise of the Horde
    Velen went to the temple, where he had often gone before when troubled. Others were there this night, sitting in a circle around the single pillar in the room that bore the precious ata'mal crystal. The artifact was ancient, so ancient that none among the eredar could remember its origins, any more than they could remember their own. Legend had it that it was a gift bestowed upon them long ago. The crystal had enabled them to expand both their mental abilities and their knowledge of the universe's mysteries.
    <...>
    Gather those who will listen to your wisdom. Go to the highest mountain in the land on the longest day of the year. Take the ata'mal crystal with you. Long, long ago, did we give it to you; it is how we will find you again. We will come and bear you away.

For a moment, a flicker of doubt, like a shadow flame, burned in Velen's heart. He had never even heard of such beings of light as the Naaru, and now this entity, this K'ure, was asking him to steal his people's most sacred object. They even claimed that it was they who had given it to the eredar in the first place! Perhaps Kil’jaeden and Archimonde had the right of it. Perhaps Velen's vision was nothing more than his fear manifesting itself.

Deleted
    here is a shocking info about Illidan:
    Illidan when we fought and killed him at the Black Temple was practically on his deathbed and nowhere near his regular strength.

Deleted
    Coolcoolcoolcoolcool

That's why he shouldn't have kept Den of Mortals Delight. Excessive mating takes a lot of stamina.