Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    That was a shitty remake of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Justified. He fled police then stopped, barged out of his car, and rushed them.

They literally say that they will start a bloodbath in the video. He deserved exactly what he got. Saying that either he is allowed to drive 50 miles or there will be a bloodbath. Good riddance. I don't say this lightly, but I'm not upset that this guy is dead.

So the other video that was released hours after wasn't enough?

You know the one where he was stopped, then took off and a 70 mph chase ensued, then proceeded to nearly run over two FBI agents when he charged a road block, THEN immediately got out the car and walk about repeatedly reaching into his jacket 4 times between holding his hands up where he had a side arm.

10+ Year Old Account
    At around 3:10, they (the criminals) start trying to call for backup, and vocally threatening the officers with a "bloodbath".

The entire video can be summed up with "resisting arrest".

At 4:30, they flee arrest, after refusing to comply with the officers.

Officers open fire, and the driver jumps out immediately after pulling to a stop, shouting, and reaches into his jacket. And gets shot.

Really not seeing the issue. The three people in the truck escalated this conflict at every stage, when they could have ended it safely at any point prior.

Comparing this to police abuse of African-Americans is pretty darned ridiculous, because those are about use of violence without cause, and this video provides PLENTY of cause.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    So what do you think after watching the vid was this a justifiable shooting?

if we use the same standards used to say the recent shootings of blacks by the police have been unjustified this is an unjustified shooting
    I mean black people are already less likely to be killed by a cop than white people even if you adjust for population so there really isn't anything on the black front anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    And then promptly reached into his jacket.
    5:27 and 5:29 shot at him or the truck while he was still driving

5:34 jumped out of the truck left hand raised other hand out of view

5:35 shot at him twice. he goes out of view

so please point me to where on the vid does it show him reaching into his pocket and while you are at it show me in the vid that a gun was ever shown

Also: Nobody has pointed out that girl's fucked up makeup....good god.

and at 8:30 her voice sounds like a damn siren.
    Last edited by Torgent; 2016-03-17 at 07:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean right as he was about to run over a police officer (and almost succeeded)?

so please point me to where on the vid does it show him reaching into his pocket and while you are at it show me in the vid that a gun was ever shown
    There's a second video that came out the same day or the next day, which clearly shows him reaching into his jacket. Here, have a look at 9:26:

'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

You mean right as he was about to run over a police officer (and almost succeeded)?

There's a second video that came out the same day or the next day, which clearly shows him reaching into his jacket. Here, have a look at 9:26:

Nah man, he just had an itch. 3 times.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    At around 3:10, they (the criminals) start trying to call for backup, and vocally threatening the officers with a "bloodbath".

The entire video can be summed up with "resisting arrest".

At 4:30, they flee arrest, after refusing to comply with the officers.

Officers open fire, and the driver jumps out immediately after pulling to a stop, shouting, and reaches into his jacket. And gets shot.

Really not seeing the issue. The three people in the truck escalated this conflict at every stage, when they could have ended it safely at any point prior.

Comparing this to police abuse of African-Americans is pretty darned ridiculous, because those are about use of violence without cause, and this video provides PLENTY of cause.
    wow how your perception of things change when the color of skin of who got shot changed
    but reaching into a cops car reaching for the cops gun then again charging after the cop is a unjustified shooting

10+ Year Old Account

http://gawker.com/fbi-releases-aeria...ini-1755849657

There's the FBI Aerial video. Skip to 5:55 for where he jumps out, after having nearly run down an FBI agent (not visible from the inside view you linked). (Edit: Same video as Reeve's, but edited down slightly where nothing's happening)

Clearly puts his hands up, and then starts trying to dig something out of his jacket, fumbling for a few seconds before an officer shoots him.

Pretending that second video doesn't exist isn't going to make your argument stronger.
    Last edited by Endus; 2016-03-17 at 07:43 PM.

wow how your perception of things change when the color of skin of who got shot changed
    but reaching into a cops car reaching for the cops gun then again charging after the cop is a unjustified shooting
    As does yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    This is the white cowboy version of "he dindu nuffin wrong"?
    Y'all bein, foolish, he did nothing wrong!

10+ Year Old Account
    Has nothing whatsoever to do with skin color. You're inserting that, here, because you're trying to race-bait about a violent domestic terrorist being shot in the midst of an assault on police officers.

show me in the vid starting at 5:35 when the first two shot was fired of him reaching into his jacket
    https://youtu.be/eEswP_HSFV4

10+ Year Old Account
    show me in the vid starting at 5:35 when the first two shot was fired of him reaching into his jacket
    You have no evidence he was the target of those shots. They were attempting to disable the vehicle. You know, the one that he'd used to flee arrest, and had immediately prior used to try and run down an FBI agent. They didn't start shooting when he opened the door.

And regardless, barging out of a vehicle like that in those circumstances is itself a hostile move.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Has nothing whatsoever to do with skin color. You're inserting that, here, because you're trying to race-bait about a violent domestic terrorist being shot in the midst of an assault on police officers.
    no your past history saying clearly justified shooting being unjustified because if the person being black and this one being justified and the reason because the man is white and the wrong political persuasion

You mean where he almost runs over an officer then immediately jumps from his car? An action that would universally be seen as dangerous and threatening?

- - - Updated - - -

no your past history saying clearly justified shooting being unjustified because if the person being black and this one being justified and the reason because the man is white and the wrong political persuasion
    You're literally the exact mirror of what you just accused him of. It's okay to be racist, just own it bud.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, that's the straw man you're inventing, because you want to believe it's about race, when it isn't.

The Michael Brown shooting was deemed justified, but there were plenty of police actions in Ferguson that were not, which is why it was primed to break out into protest as it did over Brown's shooting. That's just known fact. The DoJ report on the Ferguson PD makes all this VERY clear.