Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Man arrested for not returning video

So this guy was arrested for not returning a video 14 years ago. Seriously isn't there a statute of limitations on this that should have long expired lol. I expect that when he goes before the court that the charges will either be dropped (imo they should be) or he will just get a $200 dollar fine which Tom Green has said he will gladly pay .
    http://screenrant.com/freddy-got-fingered-man-arrested/

Here's a link to the ABC news article about it as well.
    http://abcnews.go.com/US/nc-man-arre...ry?id=37897366

lol Tom Green doesn't have any money.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

Of all the movies to get busted for too.

"You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post

Freddy got fingered is amazing

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal...mitations.html

This says the statute of limitations is 2 years unless it's a malicious misdemeanor. Who knows what the hell constitutes a malicious misdemeanor in legal speak, assuming this source is even accurate.

http://www.ncga.state.nc.us/enactedl...s_14-168.4.pdf

Maybe he'll get off for lack of intent.
    No malice at all. If anything he was doing humanity a favour by reducing the available copies of that abortion of a film.

Why are our police wasting their time to hunt down and throw a criminal of a menial $200 value into jail.

Heck, This is akin to the BLM movement, we need a "End Stupid Law" movement the ESL

It should be illegal to ever throw anyone in jail for not returning a rental, ever, don't care if its 1 month later, 1 year later or 500,000,000 years later.
    If movie rental places want to enforce it maybe they should have a global rental database and blacklist people who don't return movies and stop them from ever renting anything ever again.

I think the movie rental place should not only Never get their $200 fine back, but they should be fined by the police department for a few hundred aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    Why are our police wasting their time to hunt down and throw a criminal of a menial $200 value into jail.

Heck, This is akin to the BLM movement, we need a "End Stupid Law" movement the ESL

It should be illegal to ever throw anyone in jail for not returning a rental, ever, don't care if its 1 month later, 1 year later or 500,000,000 years later.
    If movie rental places want to enforce it maybe they should have a global rental database and blacklist people who don't return movies and stop them from ever renting anything ever again.
    the warrant was discovered during a traffic stop...

the warrant was discovered during a traffic stop...
    A warrant for arrest for a movie rental.
    Is this intended to be standup comedy?
    Or is American justice this sad.

Now if you fill up your gas tank and drive off without paying, that's a criminal action.
    Forgetting to return your rental does not make you a dangerous criminal who needs to be thrown behind bars.

Never thought id say this, but America needs a Renters protection law that limits police actions on matters like this lol.
    The only rental i can think of thats deserving of being thrown in jail is failing to return your Car rental for a long period of time.

he didn't hold up his end of the agreement....got what he deserved

Shit, I better take back Weekend at Bernies to Video Giant before they have me arrested. Ah, they went out of business at least 10 years ago, what to do now besides watch it again.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I mean, yeah, you really can't go wrong with that thinking anytime Tom Green is involved.
    Except Road Trip, but he's only a minor part. But Road Trip can stay.

It stuns me how people think throwing people in prison for forgetting to return your movie rental isn't overkill
    Yet banning Muslims from entering America or even monitoring their communities is EXTREME OVERKILL that we can NEVER EVER allow!

I'm starting to think Toxoplasma gondii is robbing our species of making logical thought processes, connections and decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually kinda liked Tom Green. I remember his show...

but sheesh, thats a long time for a misdemenor. Its also damn enar impossibe to prove something was malicious over somehting that minor that long ago.

Apparently North Carolina has a law that makes unreturned rental property a criminal matter instead of a civil matter.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No malice at all. If anything he was doing humanity a favour by reducing the available copies of that abortion of a film.
    That movie is hilarious.

So underrated.

Anyone else more amazed that there is still a video store around?

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    That movie is hilarious.

So underrated.
    Indeed the restaurant part is my favorite.

7+ Year Old Account

Daddy would you like some sausage! But honestly, do video rental stores even exist anymore? Every blockbuster and hollywood video around my area is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by enragedgorilla View Post
    Anyone else more amazed that there is still a video store around?
    They are not around that is why they are chasing 14 year old overdue tapes!

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    That movie is hilarious.

So underrated.
    Never thought I would see the day.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

GG on Mr Green.