Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account

#buttgate and the irony of the anti-sjw crowd

As you might already know (if you don't http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-vic...er-sexualized/), the developer team of overwatch decided to remove a pose from the game. Now how is this a big deal you ask? Well, as usual anti-sjw behaviour the crowd got triggered by it and has decided to abandon any rational thought in order to; once again, hate on SJWs for something they are unrelated to. Now before some of you ask, its stupid that Blizzard caters to this one person just because he felt offended, let me clarify that Jeff Kaplan has stated that he was planning to change it later on, the pose was a placeholder. So it would be ok right? The developer under his own will (without being pressured) decided to change something they didn't like. But no it seems that creative freedom is only regarded as such only if you follow the strict rules set by anti-sjws and if you refuse they will do everything it takes to force you into agreeing. Even creating stupid hashtags like #buttgate.

For the giggles:

He came out and said "no totes guys were planning it all along!" after 12 hours of madness following his one and only post talking about removing it because the poster was offended.

Furthermore you don't actually seem to know what you're talking about as a lot of people are annoyed because this is a pattern of behavior for Blizzard. Some dumbass, whether it was the children butthurt over "Hush, Tyrande" in Cataclysm's 5 man dungeon "Well of Eternity" (Which made sense in the context of the scene), the morons crying about Ji Firepaw's dialogue in MoP's beta, Perculia throwing a tantrum over "Tyrande's Silence" and the Autographed Portrait of Jaina Proudmoore, or now this, throws a fit and they change it.

Blizzard repeatedly has kowtowed to children taking offense at nonoffensive things and demanding it change because it upsets them. And you can sit there and pretend they were planning to change them all along, but (ESPECIALLY in this case), the reasoning for these changes are never "We wanted to" and are "So sorry you were offended" until the backlash starts and then they backtrack with some "Oh we wanted to do it all along!" argument.

It's so blatantly clear that it's damage control that people who have no dog in these fights can see it from a mile away.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-03-31 at 11:42 AM.

Yeah this topic is pretty farcical :P

Still, a source of moderate entertainment and baiting Nerds gotta have their butt pixels_ er_ I mean, ITS ABOUT THE PRINCIPLE GERDDERMIT.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anit SJW acting as dumb as SJW? Who woulda thunk it.

Are you saying that keeping sexy poses to sexy character and funny poses to funny characters is not on the same level as putting Tracer in a burqa?!

Nice PR anyways...

Deleted
    They should've just removed it without giving any reason/extra attention. Then this wouldn't have blown up the way it did.

It is the buttocalypse. Hide your butts, folks.

10+ Year Old Account
    On the beta forums while I disagreed with the removal of the pose and the SJW crowd might have been a bit bad, the anti-SJW brigade honestly seemed like rabid immature troglodytes. Much popcorn was had.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Most people picking sides in the SJW or anti-SJW "war" and labels it as such are ridiculous.

Greetings
    /Normal person who discuss things

Deleted
    I think all female butts should be removed from all games, TV shows, movies and pictures. Leave the male butts though. Because equality.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    They should've just removed it without giving any reason/extra attention. Then this wouldn't have blown up the way it did.
    THe whole point of it was for marketing Or I'm just jaded by the 21st century

Anyway can a mod close this and link to the OW thread in the OW forums it's already 80+ pages long we don't need another one :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    As you might already know (if you don't http://www.pcgamer.com/overwatch-vic...er-sexualized/), the developer team of overwatch decided to remove a pose from the game. Now how is this a big deal you ask? Well, as usual anti-sjw behaviour the crowd got triggered by it and has decided to abandon any rational thought in order to; once again, hate on SJWs for something they are unrelated to. Now before some of you ask, its stupid that Blizzard caters to this one person just because he felt offended, let me clarify that Jeff Kaplan has stated that he was planning to change it later on, the pose was a placeholder. So it would be ok right? The developer under his own will (without being pressured) decided to change something they didn't like. But no it seems that creative freedom is only regarded as such only if you follow the strict rules set by anti-sjws and if you refuse they will do everything it takes to force you into agreeing. Even creating stupid hashtags like #buttgate.

For the giggles:
    Blizz did have their hand forced by SJW types, go read the giant shitpost on the forums that started the whole shit-show. Cowardly Kaplan justified it after the fact. The hashtag is to laugh at the farce that Blizzard has become and the mental gymnastics blizzdrones will go through to defend their precious Blizzard.
    Working on my next ban.

No point in playing this game at all with their nonsense.

I'm more offended that Tracer has a flat white girl ass than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bollocks View Post
    The developer under his own will (without being pressured)
    Oh please with this nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jingoism View Post
    Blizz did have their hand forced by SJW types, go read the giant shitpost on the forums that started the whole shit-show. Cowardly Kaplan justified it after the fact. The hashtag is to laugh at the farce that Blizzard has become and the mental gymnastics blizzdrones will go through to defend their precious Blizzard.
    Exhibit A

/10camels

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

the whole thing over her butt wasn't a very legit criticism imo.

boobplate, legit criticism. this? this is just stupid.

If we could all stop using the suffix -gate to name a scandal, that would be great.

Deleted
    Why aren't the white knight SJWs demanding that Tracer will never be shown from behind in the game? Because, you know, she has a butt. Can't show her butt. She should wear something over her butt. Maybe like a...long black sheet?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    the whole thing over her butt wasn't a very legit criticism imo.

boobplate, legit criticism. this? this is just stupid.
    We have Widowmaker in the game who has far more revealing and seductive outfits and a number of the other female characters as well. Somehow removing one pose makes Blizzard a cowardly bastion of censorship and SJW appeasement

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    why? now a lot more people know about overwatch