Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Final Fantasy XV : Kingsglaive

Stars Lena Headey and Sean Bean of Game of Thrones fame and Aaron Paul of Breaking Bad fame.

Headey will play Princess Luna, while Sean Bean will play King Regis. Aaron Paul will play the soldier Nyx.

Square Enix released the following synopsis for Kingslaive:

"The magical kingdom of Lucis is home to the hallowed Crystal, but the menacing empire of Niflheim will stop at nothing to make it theirs. War has raged between the two for as long as most can remember.

King Regis of Lucis commands an elite force of soldiers dubbed the Kingsglaive. Wielding their king’s magic, Nyx Ulric and his fellow glaives stand before the crown city of Insomnia, fighting to stay the inexorable advance of Niflheim’s imperial army.

Before the overwhelming military might of the empire, King Regis can only salvage his kingdom by accepting an ultimatum—he must cede all lands outside the crown city, and see his son, Prince Noctis, wed to Lady Lunafreya, the former princess of Tenebrae now captive of Niflheim.

As the war of wills rages, the machinations of Niflheim transform Insomnia into an awe-inspiring battleground, pulling Nyx into a struggle for the very survival of the kingdom."

Discuss
    Last edited by Khadgar; 2016-03-31 at 06:01 PM.

That is some good cgi some scenes were very hard to tell. Looks very interesting can't wait to see more.

Is this a prequel to the game?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Is this a prequel to the game?
    Runs concurrently to the events of FF 15. There also making a anime OVA thats a prequel.

15+ Year Old Account
    Episode 1 of the Anime OVA can be seen here

Hopefully it'll be more like advent children and less like the trash spirits within.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    King Regis already had giant death flags hanging over his head, but being portrayed by Sean Bean really seals the deal

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    I guess we all should assume King Regis is going to die, seeing Sean Bean is the goddamn VA. Has he lived through anything?
    As Sharpe he was nigh unkillable. Constantly wounded but that was just a ploy to sleep with pretty ladies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpe_(TV_series)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    Headey was really annoying last night. Hopefully she turns out to be a good Luna, though I didn't personally think she'd be the best pick.

I guess we all should assume King Regis is going to die, seeing Sean Bean is the goddamn VA. Has he lived through anything?
    He survives in Troy, only thing I can remember him surviving in haha.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

I genuinely couldn't tell if it was animation for the first couple dozen seconds. Well done animation team!

Looking forward to it!

They really overuse crystals.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Hopefully it'll be more like advent children and less like the trash spirits within.
    it will be this will be made by Sqaure Enix just like Advent Children, Spirits Within was made by American studios.

You've got it exactly the wrong way around. Spirits within was great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably laying somewhere frozen and cold.
    Quote Originally Posted by dextersmith View Post
    They really overuse crystals.
    To be honest, a lot of Final Fantasies stories usually can get baked down to a bunch of similar elements. There are a lot of invading empires, for one. Another is the victim of the invasion is usually the more elementally/magically/crystally attuned people. Oh and the invading empire uses machines that either twist magic or some other evil bad shit that makes them more evil than just invading.

I've always thought this story telling was a metaphor for how imperialism ravaged Japan, but I've no clue why they stick to it.
    Last edited by Manabomb; 2016-04-01 at 12:32 AM.
    There are no worse scum in this world than fascists, rebels and political hypocrites.
    Donald Trump is only like Hitler because of the fact he's losing this war on all fronts.
    Apparently condemning a fascist ideology is the same as being fascist. And who the fuck are you to say I can't be fascist against fascist ideologies?
    If merit was the only dividing factor in the human race, then everyone on Earth would be pretty damn equal.

I'm a big fan of Lena Headey and FFXV intrigues me quite a bit. I really hope that this will be good so I'll be keeping an eye on it. I'll definitely go to see it - but will it be playing in cinemas or will it go straight to DVD?

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    I'm a big fan of Lena Headey and FFXV intrigues me quite a bit. I really hope that this will be good so I'll be keeping an eye on it. I'll definitely go to see it - but will it be playing in cinemas or will it go straight to DVD?
    Hopefully theaters! Realistically, seems like DVD to accompany the game.

If it premiered in theaters I'd absolutely go see it based off of the announcement trailer alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Hopefully theaters! Realistically, seems like DVD to accompany the game.

If it premiered in theaters I'd absolutely go see it based off of the announcement trailer alone.
    Either way I'm pretty excited. it seems like they're really making the effort to flesh out the setting this time around. I like that they're going all out.

Off topic: there's a sign up thread for a new mafia game. Will you be joining us if you have time?

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Wow..can't say I've ever heard anyone say they liked Spirits within.

Signature Created by Jassinta

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Neither were "great", both had mediocre plots and fancy visuals, like I expect this one to.

Wow..can't say I've ever heard anyone say they liked Spirits within.
    I'd say that Spirits Within was a good film, it's just it shouldn't have been called a Final Fantasy movie. As soon as it was tagged as a FF movie, people were expecting what Advent Children would eventually become. Spirits Within should have just literally been called 'Spirits Within'. As a stand alone film, it's got some good ideas, good action and good voice acting. As a Final Fantasy film, it feels like a missed chance to visualize one of the games.