Are D3-style bounties replacing daily quest hubs?

Is this D3-style bounty system (Adventure Mode) a substitute for daily quest hubs in Legion? After seeing the system in Diablo 3, personally I'd prefer meaningful daily quest hubs over the proposed Adventure Mode.

Flying around to random places just feels very scattered has little substance. There is no sense of story progression mindlessly flying to whatever random area is generated on the map, and it get old VERY fast. It somewhat works in D3 because the game is an ARPG and is all about killing monsters and loot. I'd like to think that World of Warcraft has much more character and story depth than that.

I would hate to see this new Adventure Mode system replacing actual daily quest hubs with progressive, rich lore and story. It would be exceptionally disappointing given that we've been screaming for meaningful daily quest hubs for 3+ years now.

Has Blizzard confirmed that there will be daily quest hubs in addition to this D3-style bounty system in Legion, or can we assume for now that this is the new quest system going forward and that there will be little to no daily quest hubs in Legion?

7+ Year Old Account
    They actually announced that it was being cut from the game due to them not liking how the development was going on it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Riptor View Post
    They actually announced that it was being cut from the game due to them not liking how the development was going on it
    What? When? First I've heard of it being cut :c

This was a great open world feature, they really ought to rethink that

Do daily quest hubs actually deliver story progression? I don't think that they do. The only examples that I can remember of that was when a rep bar got to a certain point and flagged you for a quest, like the event at the end of the Vale or the stupid rep with the bell plotline? But those were also just flimsy situations of flying out to a spot on the map and being there for an event.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post

What day is it again? :P
    Shhhhh, she's doing magical trig bullshit trig substitutions

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post

In all seriousness, No it has not been cut

We don't really know since the only real endgame content you can test is Raids and Dungeons

I hope so, nothing is more boring than daily quests.
    Last edited by Schmilblick; 2016-04-01 at 07:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope they do daily quests as well, this sounds little better than those story-less apexis crystal dailies.

Quote Originally Posted by PuppetShowJustice View Post
    Do daily quest hubs actually deliver story progression? I don't think that they do. The only examples that I can remember of that was when a rep bar got to a certain point and flagged you for a quest, like the event at the end of the Vale or the stupid rep with the bell plotline? But those were also just flimsy situations of flying out to a spot on the map and being there for an event.
    I mean, they do provide context, and if done right, like IoT, it can lead to some fun situations

Deleted
    I think that daily quest are triggered by Order Halls missions. Let me explain that well: you have your board orders and your class order hall resources, you can chose from the map to spend some resources and send a champion to assist you to the quest. This unlock the daily quest (in a minute or so if i got that well) that you will do with your champion mate, instead of the sad facebook game. This daily quests should help the story proceed, because you help some of the factions, something halfway from Pandaria and Draenor story telling. Bounties are extra stuff to whenever you roam the world for dailies.

If done right this system can be immersive.
    Don't forget that we are sitting in our class order halls.
    Reports from all over the world are gathering in this place.
    You are the general of your class. So a "mission" table with marked issues would make sense.
    Doesn't mean you don't get the meet the inital report giver.

I think the best solution would be a hybrid system.
    You get a diablo style mission management, but with a wow/rpg style execution (i.e. Lore/Questgiver behind).

It is confirmed that daily quest hubs for max level play are mostly gone.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    I hope so, nothing is more boring than daily quests.
    These basically are daily quests, just not in a centralized hub.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.