Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    If the delegates give it to Kasich, I can actually see riots. Cruz is the best they can get. They can do it, but to skip over first and second place to give it to Kasich would be party suicide.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Oh, sure -- he's a small enough, petty enough man to invest his energy into costing the GOP the race... but he's not going to drop the $500m-$1.5b into a meaningful independent run at the White House to make a pretense of trying to win.
    He has made way worse financial decisions than that, so it's not like his history somehow supports him not taking the "small and petty" route out.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thepresident View Post
    so this guy is stayng in race just to troll the other 2 into not geting 1260 votes
    Doubt it matters, Cruz is winning tonight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    I mean, there isn't really much of a difference between Bush and Obama. They are pro-war, pro-spending, pro-patriot act presidents.

At least trump "claims" he is against some wars.
    That's not really true. Obama cut TARP in half. Attempted to pass Bush tax cut, without cuts to those making over 400k. Troops on the ground vs drones in war effort. Obama didn't add anything new to the patriot act, nor proposed anything of nearly the same reach.

Trump being against wars, depends on when you ask. His foreign policy is not listed on his site. While the only military action I could find on his site, was not something I have heard any candidate propose. As in, bolstering troops off the coast if China. His proposals of nuclear proliferation and having Mexico pay for the wall, is idiotic...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thogwar View Post
    If the delegates give it to Kasich, I can actually see riots. Cruz is the best they can get. They can do it, but to skip over first and second place to give it to Kasich would be party suicide.
    No it wouldn't... The worst that will happen is an increase of tea party influence. Remember, republicans who are sick if their party, already call them selfs tea party or libertarian... then get in line and vote for who ever has an R next to their name...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

The title and OP's grammar... is rather fitting.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That's not really true. Obama cut TARP in half. Attempted to pass Bush tax cut, without cuts to those making over 400k. Troops on the ground vs drones in war effort. Obama didn't add anything new to the patriot act, nor proposed anything of nearly the same reach.

Trump being against wars, depends on when you ask. His foreign policy is not listed on his site. While the only military action I could find on his site, was not something I have heard any candidate propose. As in, bolstering troops off the coast if China. His proposals of nuclear proliferation and having Mexico pay for the wall, is idiotic...
    Based on things you listed, I don't see a real difference. Obama kept the Bush timetable rather than withdrawing troops sooner. Drones are only a minor benefit over sacrificing troops on the grounds. Drone strikes kill plenty of terrorists, but also civilians, and in the process create more terrorists. Both are disgusting and blatantly ignorant acts of war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ahovv View Post
    Based on things you listed, I don't see a real difference. Obama kept the Bush timetable rather than withdrawing troops sooner. Drones are only a minor benefit over sacrificing troops on the grounds. Drone strikes kill plenty of terrorists, but also civilians, and in the process create more terrorists. Both are disgusting and blatantly ignorant acts of war.
    I don't see removing our troops from the following equation to be minor.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

He needs over 100% of the remaining delegates

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, Kasich's run as governor has consisted of him doing nothing useful himself and taking credit for what everyone else has done... would pretty much be apropos for him to take the nomination from Cruz and Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    I mean, Kasich's run as governor has consisted of him doing nothing useful himself and taking credit for what everyone else has done... would pretty much be apropos for him to take the nomination from Cruz and Trump.
    If Kasich were nominated, it would be the end of the republican party, that would be the last straw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kasich will get cucked by the RNC if there's a brokered convention. If they don't choose Trump or Cruz, they will go with Ryan, Rubio, or Romney.

Quote Originally Posted by Thogwar View Post
    Neither Cruz or Trump can win the general election. Both are far too extreme. Kasich is the best bet for the party to win.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reminds me of the tonight show episode with maddow.

Quote Originally Posted by ash
    So, look um, I'm not a grief counselor, but if it's any consolation, I have had to kill and bury loved ones before. A bunch of times actually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    I never said I was knowledge-able and I wouldn't even care if I was the least knowledge-able person and the biggest dumb-ass out of all 7.8 billion people on the planet.

No idea where this 1260 number on this thread came from, but it takes 1237 to win the nomination, not 1260.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kasich is the biggest jobber politician I've seen. All of his rallies are so boring that everytime I see them on tv, I feel like falling asleep with the audience. RNC aren't going to pick him.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
    Reminds me of the tonight show episode with maddow.

She makes some good points. Trump more than likely will end up 40 - 60 delegates short of the required 1237 needed for a auto nomination. If he ends up that close, he will get the nomination. Cruz's only chance is for him to do much better in the remaining states than the polling at this point shows he will.

Kasich has no chance. He is getting a free ride around the country while his job back in Ohio is being done by his staff. While I think he would be the best candidate for the general, he has no chance of being nominated. Trump is going to get the nomination unless something big happens between now and then. The hand writing on the wall is clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    As long as he helps deny Cruz a nomination, Im fine with him being in. Ive always been a Kasich girl because he's been the most reasonable of the Republicans.

Also, anything to stop Cruz. For all the scary noises about Trump, Cruz is the only one with a proven record of being obstructionist and excessively evangelical to the detriment of others.
    God I know, Cruz believes all the things Trump does, but says things "nicer" with an an evangelical seasoning on top.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    God I know, Cruz believes all the things Trump does, but says things "nicer" with an an evangelical seasoning on top.
    From an outside point of view, Cruz seems to be even scarier than Trump. Which is quite the accomplishment. With Trump there is always the hope that he will get a liiitle bit more moderate if he wins the nomination, but Cruz genuinely seems to believe some of the insane things he is saying - and that evangelical seasoning (which goes far beyond reasonable levels) makes it even worse.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't read the whole thread, but per the convention rules (established in 2012 to protect Romney from Ron Paul) a candidate must have won at least 8 states to be considered for the nomination. If they want to change this rule, the delegates are the ones that vote. Somehow, I don't see Trump or Cruz delegates voting to let Kasich in.
    Last edited by Naxere; 2016-04-06 at 01:42 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.