Quote Originally Posted by Dzudzadzo View Post
    Think of private servers as having cancer.
    Getting rid of the tumor wont stop it from returning.
    Great analogy. Doesn't mean we should stop trying to fight it though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    That's the perfect way to describe Nost, private servers, and the Classic WoW community...

A Cancer.
    Aren't you a pleasant individual? Is it hard to understand that others may enjoy a different game than you do?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Based off what information? its clear you have some that no one else has, please show us.
    And the other guy has overwhelming evidence to support his claim hasn't he....

Really mate, what is your beef with a vanilla server? It smacks of absolute child like selfishness at the thought of someone enjoying themselves again. There is an absolute witch hunt for something that would not effect you in the slightest.

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Because pride, ya know? They (All of Blizzard) would hate that the consumer was right about something and all their data and discussions were fruitless.

I'm going to go with occam's razor, and it doesn't favor your position.
    And the other guy has overwhelming evidence to support his claim hasn't he....
    Sorry bud, the burden of proof is on your side. Welcome to the adult world.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    If legacy servers were a gold mine, as people are claiming, what reason would blizzard have to not make them?
    Because then 2 million people would play Vanilla, TBC, Wotlk and stop buying my little pony I mean World of WArcraft.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Because pride, ya know? They (All of Blizzard) would hate that the consumer was right about something and all their data and discussions were fruitless.

Yeah, probably. It would be like admitting a mistake with their design philosophy for the newest installments.

Quote Originally Posted by pmizz View Post
    I do.

Not because i don't believe you but the fact it's such a superior game means any cool vintage SS will be a treat to view.
    *barf* Such superior, much wow. Better go farm some resist gear for funsies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    Yeah, probably. It would be like admitting a mistake with their design philosophy for the newest installments.
    I get the feeling these same people bitching against legacy realms are the same folks who cried when they removed flying...
    Last edited by Perkunas; 2016-04-09 at 06:21 PM.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    I play on live servers, but you guys are on this blood crusade against something that doesn't hurt you. Does it bother you that some people find the lack of convenience and required social interactions more fun?
    We are not on a blood crusade, stop using dramatic words. We are not the ones shutting down your precious pserver. There are plenty of other ones out there. Just don't be stupid and market that server to the whole world again, or you'll be expecting another friendly visit by Blizzard.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by pmizz View Post
    Because then 2 million people would play Vanilla, TBC, Wotlk and stop buying my little pony I mean World of WArcraft.
    Sure, its totally not the fact that 2 million people would play Vanilla/BC/Wrath for a week, realize how awful that shit is and they would quickly die off to maybe a hundred thousand each, making the whole venture a complete money dump? You great overestimate how many people those servers would retain.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Quote Originally Posted by MarizzaDraenor View Post
    You should. I heard Russia, Ukraine and Sweden are running low on toilet paper.
    That is so not true. Sweden is basically just trees. We have enough to make toilet paper that would last us a million years!

Quote Originally Posted by Perkunas View Post
    Countless other private servers exist one I mentioned and got an infraction for has been running for literally YEARS and I'm pretty sure it's US based. The reason Nost got shut down was because of it's popularity plain and simple. Blizzard would be closing all these realms otherwise as all they have to do is bloody GOOGLE Vanilla/BC/Wrath server and countless servers pop up. They aren't hidden and they have existed forever. Blizzard didn't give a shit because of how few people were playing.

I play on live servers, but you guys are on this blood crusade against something that doesn't hurt you. Does it bother you that some people find the lack of convenience and required social interactions more fun?
    I get it tbh, the sudden and unexpectedly large wave of people who are in support of this is scary, especially to someone who didn't like, or hasn't played an the earlier versions of the game.

Not only is there a fear of us getting the servers, which could possibly slightly limit dev resources/pull focus from future WoW expansions that they expect to enjoy, and I understand not wanting to lost that. Also, there is the real risk after hearing the demand, and WHY we want these servers back, that Blizzard might start making changes that cater somewhat towards the legacy crowd, which would ruin the game in the eyes of those who want it to remain unchanged, or continue progressing down what we believe is a wayward path.

We went through it, change is always scary, especially when your best method to combat these requests is to yell at people, call them "a cancer", and bully them off of the forum for having an opinion that dissents from what is considered the norm. Honestly, their reaction is just human nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Why do you assume it doesn't. A lot of people who would have played stayed away as it wasn't official and the risk of it getting closed was there.
    This is a circular argument that always comes up around these discussions. The truth is we don't know who would pay and who wouldn't pay. It's probably somewhere in the middle. Some people probably were drawn to it as a free version of WoW but others were drawn to it for being vanilla and would pay for it if it was official. I know I stayed away from them because I would like a guarantee my stuff would be saved.
    Yeah, I just came back from the spirit world, and I have an important message from a certain horse...it would like for you not to keep beating

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    witch hunt for something that would not effect you in the slightest.
    Then stop spamming about that crap on these forums? Then your statement might have some merit, however small it may be. Go cry to your bathroom, don't do it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Propainn View Post
    I get it tbh, the sudden and unexpectedly large wave of people who are in support of this is scary, especially to someone who didn't like, or hasn't played an the earlier versions of the game.

Not only is there a fear of us getting the servers, which could possibly slightly limit dev resources/pull focus from future WoW expansions that they expect to enjoy, and I understand not wanting to lost that. Also, there is the real risk after hearing the demand, and WHY we want these servers back, that Blizzard might start making changes that cater somewhat towards the legacy crowd, which would ruin the game in the eyes of those who want it to remain unchanged, or continue progressing down what we believe is a wayward path.

We went through it, change is always scary, especially when your best method to combat these requests is to yell at people, call them "a cancer", and bully them off of the forum for having an opinion that dissents from what is considered the norm. Honestly, their reaction is just human nature.
    Says a person who refuses to change? Delicious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    It's a strange and illogical world where not wanting your 10 year old daughter looking at female-identifying pre-op penises at the YMCA could feasibly be considered transphobic.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    True, but here's the thing: people kept mentioning the server, and between the time it took enough people to report it (when it was reported at all) and an admin come to snip the mention of that private server out, it already got promotion and stayed 'over the radar' enough to be noticed.

To say Nostalrius was 'under the radar' is kind of dishonest, considering the amount of times it kept being mentioned, over and over, in these forums. Yes, it would be censored, but it would still keep poking its head out to let people know it was there.
    Only a small fraction of players use the forums anyway, if a post is up for 10 minutes at any time of the day what % of the wow playerbase saw it do you think? Now quite the opposite has happened, people are annoyed and are publicly discussing it, not only her but on the wow forum, reddit etc. It was definitely under the radar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    We are not on a blood crusade, stop using dramatic words. We are not the ones shutting down your precious pserver. There are plenty of other ones out there. Just don't be stupid and market that server to the whole world again, or you'll be expecting another friendly visit by Blizzard.
    I don't play on private servers. I play retail. I would gladly play on a Vanilla realm though if it were official.
    Stains on the carpet and stains on the memory
    Songs about happiness murmured in dreams
    When we both of us knew how the end always is...

I can't believe this Thread already has over 400 pages...

I can honestly say that I played on Nost. I played a few levels and fell back in love with WoW. I was getting really burnt out from retail as I have 1of each class at 100 and fairly geared. I still paid for my sub the whole time I played on Nost. I had more fun leveling my lock from 1-60 than I have in years on retail. I have played since vanilla but I cancelled my sub from retail when blizzard threw their temper tantrum over Nost.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Censored doesn't mean the threads didn't exist. How can they censor them if they weren't there in the first place? People knew. Try to you some logic next time.
    Wel thanks for that capt. obvious. But it means they get silenced and edited, deleted before they are up for any significant amount of time to gain any attention.