Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elven Athena View Post
    which is why constitutions that provide a framework for the people in power to change them legislatively, typically with a unanimous vote, as well as preventive measures against pure democracy and its tyranny of the majority, exist. Sure they are pieces of paper too, but they carry a weight with them, which says if they are being disregarded, the government doing it is no longer legitimate and overthrowing it is prescribed.
    Yes, of course. I was merely pointing that human rights are subject to change

Quote Originally Posted by Asmongoldy View Post
    snip
    what a load of shit, you believe any bullshit that comes into your head i guess.

Any way you slice it, Blizz shutting down Nost was a great thing, and them reaffirming their stance against legacy servers was also a great thing.

The whiny vanilladrones will subside soon enough and this will all disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Unless, of course, you copyright and trademark your stuff, that way, no matter if one person or the entire world enjoys it, it still fully belongs to you.

I imagine you believe artists like singers, bands and music companies are not the owners of the songs they produce, right? You believe that torrenting popular songs is entirely in your right?
    I didn't quote it, but if I remember correctly (hence my not quoting it since I'm not sure) it was said by David Brevik, the creator of Diablo. I was using it in this particular context because it's relevant. Vanilla wow and the current wow are totally different games. Most of the original team and passion behind wow are gone. I find taking down Nostalrius, a non-profit project as immoral as taking royalties from dead artists. It's legal, but not moral. This is how I rebel (as someone above ironically attributed my behavior) against such practices.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Judging by the length of the thread, I would say there is plenty of debate to be had on this. I and many others disagree with you.
    no, there is no debate on whether its stealing or not. It it, any other opinion is wrong.

You can debate if you think there should be private servers, or vanilla servers, thats fine. But saying that there is debate over if its stealing or not, is like saying we can debate if the world is round or flat. You can say its flat, and debate it all you want, you are 100% wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Any way you slice it, Blizz shutting down Nost was a great thing, and them reaffirming their stance against legacy servers was also a great thing.

Lol. This is like trying to take down public trackers. You take the biggest one down and 2 more will spring up in its place, just as big if not bigger (I can provide tens of examples). They're doing nothing more than creating frustration and hurting themselves in the process. You will see what I'm talking about in the next couple of weeks. The code has been made public. Blizzard will NEVER win. You will witness what the Streisand effect is. Mark my words.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Houyi View Post
    no, there is no debate on whether its stealing or not. It it, any other opinion is wrong.

You can debate if you think there should be private servers, or vanilla servers, thats fine. But saying that there is debate over if its stealing or not, is like saying we can debate if the world is round or flat. You can say its flat, and debate it all you want, you are 100% wrong.

Except that technically it's not stealing , and its copyright infringement. It is still illegal, but you are still 100% wrong :P

And shutting down a pserver that wasn't making any profit, and providing a service that blizzard no longer provides, IS a dick move, considering there are many many pservers, almost all of them actually make money.
    Last edited by mmoc7f3035b6ae; 2016-04-10 at 04:11 PM.

I'm in the understand both sides but not surprised group. The people behind the scenes of Nost and everyone playing on it knew exactly what it really was. Everyone also knew Blizzard's stance on it. Like it or not it IS their property. Not going to ramble on and explain things that should be common sense. Like others have also said it's surprising it even lasted as long as it did.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post

great thing because you play a shit game queuecraft :lol:

Quote Originally Posted by Burts View Post
    Except that technically it's not stealing , and its copyright infringement. It is still illegal, but you are still 100% wrong :P

And shutting down a pserver that wasn't making any profit, and providing a service that blizzard no longer provides, IS a dick move, considering there are many many pservers, almost all of them actually make money.
    Not as much of a dick move as taking back what's theirs. It's FAR more of a dick move to take what isn't yours and then cry like a little girl when it's taken away from you by it's rightful owner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Aimscoes View Post
    Nope. alright, maybe you wanna check out the huge on-going thread about customers refunding Legion pre-orders xD
    LOL if you think a few thousand Nost clowns cancelling a preorder will affect stock prices.

Y'all dudes are something else.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    "Shit" is a matter of opinion. Same with Vanilla. I think it looked awful personally but y'know my opinion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    LOL if you think a few thousand Nost clowns cancelling a preorder will affect stock prices.

Y'all dudes are something else.
    Wait people are actually refunding Legion AND Overwatch? Poor OW getting dragged into this . Sorry people 15,000 or so preorder is not gonna make them think twice or bomb the company in any way. Now maybe if people stopped buying/playing all their products together it would be a different thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Asmongoldy View Post
    Ignorance.

Nothing but ignorance.

This isn't 2005 anymore. Back then people went to private servers cause they could play for free there. Because back then you actually had private servers with current content. Nowadays private servers are only there for old versions of the game. Nobody would play there if they actually wanted to play Warlords of Draenor. The games are totally different. They are so far apart, nobody who just wanted to play the game for free would be fine with playing an 11 year old version of the game.

Especially...

Especially...

when...

YOU CAN PLAY FUCKING RETAIL WOW FOR FREE.

God damnit, you people are ignorant.

IGNORANT.
    You can play retail for free? You know just have to invest a lot of time into the game to start generating gold to buy tokens that someone else paid for. Totally Free! *eyeroll*

Love how you spout ignorance and ignore my point that some people are playing PS because they are free. Not for the love of Vanilla or whatever BS.

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    Great thing because you prefer a shit game of "lick your leaders' boots."

I wonder when it became "a dick move" to take down illegal stuff. And yes it IS illegal. It seems that people think you can break the law if you want to.

So did the doors finally close? It's April 10th.
    A crossfitter, a vegan, an atheist, and a vanilla WoW player all walked into a bar. I know because they all told me within 3 minutes.

World of Warcraft: Dying on MMO Champion since 2004

Pre-Alpha WoW tester since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehujanne View Post
    I wonder when it became "a dick move" to take down illegal stuff. And yes it IS illegal. It seems that people think you can break the law if you want to.
    When people are enjoying it to the point they blindly believe what the server is doing is not illegal I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You can play retail for free? You know just have to invest a lot of time into the game to start generating gold to buy tokens that someone else paid for. Totally Free! *eyeroll*

Love how you spout ignorance and ignore my point that some people are playing PS because they are free. Not for the love of Vanilla or whatever BS.
    Not really a lot of time. I make thousands of gold in minutes. Only takes me MAYBE four hours to get the gold needed to play for free. That's four hours once a month. It's not hard at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    I'm not gonna play any other private server. I'm not interested in P2W and buggy shit servers. Any pserver that turns a profit should be taken down. Was not the case for Nost. Nost was about passion. But that's something you'll never get.

The part about D3...honestly, why would someone put time into it is something that is beyond me (but then again, it's your choice). I was there on the first day of launch (5th or 15th of May, can't remember), I loved D2 so it was only natural that I'd go for this one. What I got in return for my passion and love was a shitty auction house game. I made so much money abusing the game, I can't even begin to describe. Probably close to 5-6k. I knew people that were able to make close to 10-20k by laundering the money from stolen credit cards. The fact that it was allowed to happen and went on for so long is unforgivable. They tried to get it back on track with RoS, but the game is still far from what it should be. Why you would buy D3 and not play something like PoE is yet another thing that is beyond my comprehension (I don't even play PoE, it's too time consuming).
    I get the feeling you haven't played d3 in a while. I'd say go and try it out but you had everything deleted so whatevers. Seasonal play is really good, I'm sure some PS will duplicate it for you some day, because you are fightning the good fight or something.

I don't care if Nost was about passion, the fact is some people gave them money through donations to pay for hosting. Who knows what else happened behind the scenes. I've heard people bought gold on Nost, it is quite possible that gold came from Nost's hosts as a way to make some money. The thing is when we start talking about shady PS servers who knows what the fuck they are doing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    So did the doors finally close? It's April 10th.
    It's closing in a few hours.