Quote Originally Posted by Naraga View Post
    Is this some sort of new trick? "I didn't say it so no one else did"?

Almost every page of this "discussion" has someone literally posting a variation of that very argument.
    Where are the Blizzard fanboys.
    This seems like a pretty general statement to me. Maybe more careful in your wording before slinging shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Quote Originally Posted by Idoru View Post
    But they did steal all Blizzards assets for the game. You know, the stuff in the client.
    but hey let's just ignore that part, because it's inconvinient to their point.

I prefer retail over private servers (Classic) for a few reasons that are not limited to:

- They're illegal.

- I don't want my retail accounts banned.

- The communities on the private servers are shit. (Just look at the posters in this thread, on reddit, and on Facebook for your evidence.)

WoD may not be a good expansion (it's as bad as TBC), but playing with the retail community has to be way better than playing with any of the Nosdrones and Vanilladrones that I've seen on here, reddit, and Facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    The conditions are wildly different. Everquest fizzled in playerbase years ago. Like I said to someone earlier, sure when wow isn't about to release an expansion its been working years on, and when the demand for vanilla>retail players they MIGHT do something like this.

Everquest had incentive. Blizzard, instead of offering a job, offered a cease and desist letter.
    Be it sooner or later, they WILL get there. Of this I am certain. It happened to Everquest, it happened to Runescape, it happened to Lineage.
    If it's gonna happen at some point, then why not now? There was the perfect opportunity. They wouldn't have lost face, nor provoked any rage.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    I prefer retail over private servers (Classic) for a few reasons that are not limited to:

- They're illegal.

- I don't want my retail accounts banned.

- The communities on the private servers are shit. (Just look at the posters in this thread, on reddit, and on Facebook for your evidence.)

WoD may not be a good expansion (it's as bad as TBC), but playing with the retail community has to be way better than playing with any of the shitheads that I've seen on here, reddit, and Facebook.
    You're obfuscated that someone has a different opinion than yours and are valiantly defending their beliefs. We could be as petty and refer to your community as shit. But we're not, at least I'm not. You cannot generalize. Also, Nost community, on the pvp server at least, was awesome. Even the goddamn barrens chat was the same as legends go. I met opposing faction members that helped me kill quest mobs, I had some camp me. All in all, I loved the people, even though I had some bad experiences. My experience was more than positive overall.
    Last edited by Legion; 2016-04-10 at 07:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    There was the perfect opportunity.
    No, the perfect opportunity is not when they're still doing well financially. What's the incentive? That's right, nothing from their pov. It's just ME ME ME. Pander to me because.... reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Be it sooner or later, they WILL get there. Of this I am certain. It happened to Everquest, it happened to Runescape, it happened to Lineage.
    If it's gonna happen at some point, then why not now? There was the perfect opportunity. They wouldn't have lost face, nor provoked any rage.
    Because blizzard is doing well and isn't desperate to go to such lengths to extend a product like EQ was most likely

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    A donation link was hidden because they didn't want it advertised that they had to accept some donation to support the server. They made no profit off of the server being running. The case that Blizzard won against the private server owner showed that he had profits of over $3M in his personal paypal account. Nost mostly funded their server through their own funds, while sometimes, extremely rarely, requiring outside donations. They listed the cost of the sever, and only accepted a donation until that cost point was met, and then immediately shut the donation link. I know it's still wrong to accept a donation, but don't make it sound like they were rolling in some serious dough here.
    Nor did I try to. Other people said they weren't taking in money at all, which was wrong on so many levels. But as you said yourself, they made no profit, but it was still wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Namalia View Post
    Yeah, I don't want to do too many spoilers, but the lore behind the acquisition of the resto druid artifact was pretty awesome. (I'm a sucker for druid lore.)
    General Lore on alpha , and Class Quest is very good indeed as far i tested.

If they make some Troll DA BE GOOD MON content like Isle of Thunder or ZA or ZG , i will be so happy

No, the perfect opportunity is not when they're still doing well financially. What's the incentive? That's right, nothing from their pov. It's just ME ME ME. Pander to me because.... reasons.
    The 6 million+ subscribers the game has lost? probably closer to 8 million now but we'll never know since they decided to hide sub numbers.

What gives with the closed mindedness of some users here? I understand if you prefer the current state of WoW to vanilla. I even understand if you think a private server is illegal and underhanded. But, you cannot ignore the fact that a business case can absolutely be made for Blizzard to create legacy servers.

Everything else is irrelevant, really. A corporation like Blizzard doesn't, (and shouldn't), give a crap about intangible arguments like... "Vanilla WoW was perfect, please bring it back!" "WoD sucks! Vanilla was better!" "The golden age of WoW was vanilla!" But, it absolutely should give credence to an argument that there is potentially an untapped revenue stream. If there is a product or service that the market is willing to pay for, and your organization is well suited and able to bring that product/service to market while keeping a healthy margin, it would be asinine not to do your due diligence on the possibility of bringing that product/service to market.

Blizzard already did it once with DOTA 2, and you can be sure that the high-level executives that chose not to pursue a DOTA spin-off got their asses reamed by their superiors. That was a stupid and prideful oversight by Blizzard, and it cost them a healthy amount of revenue, (something like $200m+ in 2015 alone).

((Disclaimer: I played Nostalrius for a whopping 7 hours, got to level 10, and never played again.))

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post

If they make some Troll DA BE GOOD MON content like Isle of Thunder or ZA or ZG , i will be so happy
    Tbh I don't wanna be that pessimist but I only think we are gonna see 2 raid tiers again tbh. I really hope we don't but they seem to be a tad keen on trying to push yearly xpacs.

The 6 million+ subscribers the game has lost? probably closer to 8 million now but we'll never know since they decided to hide sub numbers.
    Still the market leader. What is so difficult to understand about that? They aren't doing bad, just worse than before. They are still making a profit and have plans for the future.

Ignoring that it is still the largest MMO in the market is predictable and lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehuehuecopter View Post

Yeah. I love the fact that I could choose where to go level first. I of course headed to Val'sharah... Druid lore... duh! Will probably head to Highmountain after I finish that.

Not bothering to stream any of it on Twitch/Youtube because truth be told, I'm not all that interesting and there are so many others doing it already lol.

Still the market leader. What is so difficult to understand about that? They aren't doing bad, just worse than before.
    You sound like one of those people that claim "Why don't big companies raise their wages, they'll still won't be doing bad financially!".

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    Ignoring that it is still the largest MMO in the market is predictable and lame.
    See above.

You sound like one of those people that claim "Why don't big companies raise their wages, they'll still won't be doing bad financially!".
    I thought it was you guys. Since you want free stuff and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Well, that's what happens when you steal intellectual property and use it
    With that argument they could counter sue for the amount of effort and time all the volunteers put into the private server. Not to mention there is no intellectual property if it doesn't currently exsist. If Blizzard had vanilla, bc, wrath, cata, mop server then it would be intellectual property. What they did was copyright infringement, not theft of intellectual property.

Quote Originally Posted by Danterius View Post
    If there is a product or service that the market is willing to pay for, and your organization is well suited and able to bring that product/service to market while keeping a healthy margin, it would be asinine not to do your due diligence on the possibility of bringing that product/service to market.
    (Emphasis mine.)

That is the problem. No one but Blizzard knows whether it would be possible to provide official Vanilla WoW servers that fit Blizzard's standards. We can make very rough estimates, but it's just raw speculation. If Blizzard has repeatedly stated they have no plans for Vanilla servers yet, it stands to reason they do not predict they would be able to bring those to market while keeping said healthy margin. Anyone saying they know whether that's true or not is plain and simply pulling that knowledge out of their backsides.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Tbh I don't wanna be that pessimist but I only think we are gonna see 2 raid tiers again tbh. I really hope we don't but they seem to be a tad keen on trying to push yearly xpacs.
    Legion can be really good even with 2 Tier Raid JUST IF BLIZZ UNDERSTAND that people need to do something outside raiding that can be in the case of Legion : Questing for Artifact Shard, CM, Class Order

Funny how one illegal server with 150000 active account is financially viable, while retail servers with millions are supposedly going down the drain.
    "You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
    Friedrich Nietzsche