Private servers are illegal
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Your Imouto View Post
    They almost had 1 million accounts before they got shut down, with around 13-15k people online at all times. The server was up for a year.
    I wonder how much multiboxing was occurring. Because it didn't cost anything to make another account to multibox with.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

15+ Year Old Account
    Is Nos back up? Gf said she's been playing online, had a quick glimpse and the forum is back up and running.

Quote Originally Posted by Padarius View Post
    Not a chance, most of those ask you to mess with your game files just to play on. Part of what made Nost so successful was the client used to download the game. If that's not included for p-servers than you won't have as big an audience.
    It depends on the server, Most ones just ask you to change the realmlist. If you are playing on a private realm with custom races like Tuskarr,Naga etc then ofc you need modded game files

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    Private servers are illegal
    Are you wanting a round of applause or something?

I feel for those who invested all that time on it, I'm not much of a Vanilla fanatic so I didn't bother playing there. It's a shame because it was providing a lot of joy for a lot of people and Blizzard weren't interested in providing that service (understandable). I guess Warmane will be next on the hitlist.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I wonder how much multiboxing was occurring. Because it didn't cost anything to make another account to multibox with.
    I didn't see a single multiboxer when i was playing on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Is Nos back up? Gf said she's been playing online, had a quick glimpse and the forum is back up and running.
    It will be running until the 10th (i think they said) when the hosting provider will shut it down

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by eriktheviking View Post
    Hasn't given Blizzard a dime since 2008 and expects to play their game for free.

Perfect example of why they need to continue shutting these servers down.
    This makes no sense????

Can you say, honestly, that your money from purchasing WoD has been "well-spent" ? Mine hasn't. In fact, there was a huge community uproar with how expensive WoD was in relation to how little content we had.

Nostalrius is not affecting WoW at all. The code Nostalrius used was built from the ground-up, causing a lot of development time and volunteer hours. There is no fee to play the game and Nostalrius makes no revenue off of it.

Tell me again what the big issues is here? Why this sever needed to be shut down? Does it take away from the game for you? You didn't even know it existed until it was beginning to shut down, so what really is the big issue?

People on Nostalrius are just enjoying their time. We are not causing anyone any harm. Instead of getting on our case, why don't you try pushing Blizzard to do something about the actual people who are causing harm in WoW? How many times have you seen blatant hacking and cheating in rated and casual pvp? Botters for profession and honor? Botters for the auction house? Those affect game play and disrupt the player base, not some private server that has a large, organic community of people who just wish to enjoy their time the way they want to, the way Blizzard originally intended to.
    Last edited by Kelz; 2016-04-07 at 03:01 PM.

I started in 2005... left in MoP. The game was better back then.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rehok View Post

- - - Updated - - -

It will be running until the 10th (i think they said) when the hosting provider will shut it down
    I see, thanks for the reply mate.

Deleted

- - - Updated - - -

I know this is anecdotal, but a friend of mine was a MB and played on Nost, was just using another character to heal himself whenever needed while questing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Are you wanting a round of applause or something?
    I want people fined.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by Halefire94 View Post
    https://en.nostalrius.org/

Well I will not be joining everyone in legion. This was a move by Blizzard to get people from when the game used to actually feel like an MMO to their piece of shit game they have now. Fuck I am angry.
    LOL guess you guys shouldn't have been shouting about it constantly.

If you're going to engage in theft at least don't incriminate yourself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ridish View Post
    I've never bashed retail players, I'm a retail player. If you enjoy your thing go ahed but fuck off if you find it funny to laugh at people who lost their toys!
    You mean the toys they illegally stole from their rightful owner? In that case, thanks, I will laugh at you for getting exactly what you deserved! Ha-ha-ha-ha-ha!

Seriously. What kind of mental deficiency does a person have to have to not understand that this shit isn't legal? You can't just go around stealing other people's intellectual properties and then act like you're on the high road of moral superiority, all the while potentially robbing the actual owner -- the people who spent countless manhours creating the vast majority of the content you're stealing, and what tiny, insignificant amount that they didn't create would be worthless without their content (ie, the shitty server code they were using) -- of the money they rightfully deserve for entertaining you.

You people should be ecstatic that Blizzard just had them taken down. They have -every- right to sue them for potential damages, meaning ~$15 per active account PER MONTH that they were operating (Hint: That would be about 2-3 million PER MONTH). And since they were so nice to make that information public, their financial lives would be -over- if Blizzard did, in fact, take that option.
    "There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through out political and culture life, nutured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" —Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I feel for those who invested all that time on it, I'm not much of a Vanilla fanatic so I didn't bother playing there. It's a shame because it was providing a lot of joy for a lot of people and Blizzard weren't interested in providing that service (understandable). I guess Warmane will be next on the hitlist.
    It was known it is illegal and could be shut down at anytime. Why would I feel for them? Should I also feel for the botters too? It is amazing that people even think this way.

Deleted
    They should just move it to some country where there are no laws against such things. I mean look at torrent sites. Even if they shut them down, they just pop back up a few days later.

Quote Originally Posted by SirWorksALot View Post
    To be fair, WoW has existed with thieves for ages, and it will continue like this until the official servers close (whenever they do).

After that its just p-servers that exist anyway. Blizz can only do so much and will only bother once a server is "big" enough.
    It has but it doesn't have to. I'm glad they shut that crap down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelzza View Post
    This makes no sense????

Can you say, honestly, that your money from purchasing WoD has been "well-spent" ? Mine hasn't. In fact, there was a huge community uproar with how expensive WoD was in relation to how little content we had.

Nostalrius is not affecting WoW at all. The code Nostalrius used was built from the ground-up, causing a lot of development time and volunteer hours. There is no fee to play the game and Nostalrius makes no revenue off of it.

Tell me again what the big issues is here? Why this sever needed to be shut down? Does it take away from the game for you? You didn't even know it existed until it was beginning to shut down, so what really is the big issue?
    Don't bother with him, he is the kind of person who is happy as long as everybody else is misserable.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zanjin View Post
    I want people fined.
    I wish you luck on your crusade.

Deleted
    I hope Blizzard will eat dirt soon enough for this move... Once again they did a dickhead move.
    Nostalrius did no money on their servers and didn't compete/break any kind of rules against wow. It's one thing you actually make money on it but they again, didn't.

I smell butthurt from Blizzard that they're jelly on them and as fast something starts to compete with them or growing more and more they do everything in their power to shut it down. ONCE AGAIN a dickhead move and less repsect to Blizzard.
    #Nopreorderforlegion