Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sfidt View Post
    Imagine this: Blizzard allows Vanilla servers to operate because of its outdated content. Then other servers with outdated content happen, like BC, WotLK, hence even Cataclysm and MoP, just because it's outdated. Allowing even one of these servers operate creates a dangerous (for Blizz obv) exception. And keeping up official servers with outdated content seems just to be out of discussion.
    We have 10 dedicated servers for every balance patch as well. So people can device which version was their favourite.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwellzor View Post
    That is in no way strawmanning. Like not even a little bit.
    Hey! I could be made out of straw! You don't know me! RAWR! Uhh...please no open flames sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    If it were just me that I was talking about, then yes. No matter how much you wanna inflate the amount of players currently subscribed and make that of those wanting to play vanilla seem lower, the fact is that there is a legitimate desire for people to play vanilla and the logistics and resources to create something like this pale in comparison to pretty much any major addition to the game in the past years. You just don't want us to have it because you're arcade players. You don't like it so you don't want anyone to have it.
    Blizzard doesn't want you to have it. Suck it up.
    This has been brought up like 200 times and is an inconvenient truth. You will be answered with "If 30 french dudes can do it, Blizzard can and should" despite all realistic implications of such a scenario.
    Truthfully we've heard nothing but crickets everytime this has been brought up.
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2016-04-10 at 05:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    Hes just showing us how nice the Nost community was, like so many others!
    hey give him a break. he's just really attached to his frostbolt simulator :P

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Sure but you couldn't really outgear it first could you

Catch 22?
    People Pug LFR, people get LFR gear, they then pug normal, with lfr gear.

LFR is the only difference in the equation, which has allowed more than 2% of the gaming population to see a huge portion of the game.

If you want to argue the merits of LFR, make a thread. I have friends in vanilla who never got to see BWL because they didnt want to apply to a guild online.
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Everyone has a favorite expansion, mine are TBC And MoP. I'm not entitled to play them anytime I want. Again, there is no discussion to be had here. IF/when blizzard decides to create legacy servers you can play one, otherwise playing on PS means you take the risk of having it shut down at anytime. Blizzard does not owe you anything. That is it.
    Agreed. And I don't think people are confusing the issues so much as they're intrinsically linked. Blizzard has said no to legacy servers, some people don't like it so create their own using blizzard's property. Surely if someone agrees that blizzard has a right to shut these down then by default you accept, albeit reluctantly, blizzard's decision.

Just want to say, accepting isn't the same as agreeing with.
    Last edited by snoopfrogg85; 2016-04-10 at 05:39 PM. Reason: clarification

10+ Year Old Account
    A wonderful report on Nostalrius with Leif Johson (not really sure what his significance is) and one of the developers "Daemon". There should be some people in here who will appreciate the report.

http://motherboard.vice.com/read/wor...rver-shut-down

Wow you're an asshole. At least some of these other posters didn't have to attack every single post.
    I wasn't even a hardcore player. Had barely made it into MC and ZG when it was shutdown. You're still arcade players.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, you will.
    The moment the mods are done entertaining you little escapade of rule-ignoring.

You call that constructively?
    Let me post this once: You aren't getting an official server and you cannot have a private server.
    I said I'm done being constructive so....no?

It's cute when people like you speak in absolutes, even though this is an inevitability. Blizz will eventually make their own, sanction their own, or relax policing as the game nears the end of it's life cycle. Like it or not, there will 100% be legacy servers, in some form, in the future.

Despite your smugness, a private server is not an emulator. In this case, the server pulls certain files from the stolen client which is under blizzard's copyright.

Guess what doesn't change between DMCA and Australian copyright law.

Quit being patronizing and start living in the real world. If you want to debate me on how a server and client works, I'll take you to school.
    Do you mind letting me know where it pulls these files?

I happen to currently be sued in a european country for actually creating an emulator, much like a WoW private server, and i do believe you are the one talking crap. I'll be happy to provide you the evidence of my case if you so please.

In my particular case, some data that would normally be under copyright is actually also used within "my" emulator, however it is never redistributed to the clients using my emulator, this is very important because i purchased the legitimate product and thus have rights to use this content locally, as long as i do not redistribute it.

All the assets within WoW, such as terrain, models, and location of structures is local. This is very easy to prove, simply browse the WoW folder for data/data and look. This is also very evident by running the wow sandbox client, you will notice that everything in the game is present without any data provided by a server, except of course for entities such as NPCs or mobs, as the location of these must be provided by the server which does NOT include transmitting any assets to the client.

If you happen to have any knowledge of creating server to client architecture, id be happy to hear any input from you regarding this, maybe you can open up IDA and ollydbg and provide me the pointers from the client from which it transmits actual assets to the client?

Thank you.

I wasn't even a hardcore player. Had barely made it into MC and ZG when it was shutdown. You're still arcade players.
    shutdown

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Vomity View Post
    Just FYI that picture says a lot more than you think. For both sides even. Look at Warrior LOL. Half of the population is 3 classes. Yeah....really screams fun and best the game has ever been right?
    Hahah holy crap that class breakdown. That is painful and not even close to what it was like in Vanilla.

Was an arcade player when I cleared MC, BWL, AQ40, 4 bosses into naxx before my guild took a free server move from lightbringer to gnomeregan. Am an arcade player when I play organized pvp.

Whatever champ
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Are you a 14 year old rebel wearing a Che Guevara shirt?

Just FYI that picture says a lot more than you think. For both sides even. Look at Warrior LOL. Half of the population is 3 classes. Yeah....really screams fun and best the game has ever been right?
    And meanwhile, in retail WoW, we have a much more balanced class population distribution.

ouch

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyone has a favorite expansion, mine are TBC And MoP. I'm not entitled to play them anytime I want. Again, there is no discussion to be had here. IF/when blizzard decides to create legacy servers you can play one, otherwise playing on PS means you take the risk of having it shut down at anytime. Blizzard does not owe you anything. That is it.
    I can only think of two things in the last few years that has caused as much commotion as this. You can repeatedly remind me that they said no, and I will repeatedly remind you that there are thousands out there willing to continue this "discussion" in some form or another. Again, I'm not here to convince any of you of anything, but I appreciate the feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Yes, you will.
    The moment the mods are done entertaining you little escapade of rule-ignoring.

You call that constructively?
    Let me post this once: You aren't getting an official server and you cannot have a private server.
    Geez don't crush their dreams that hard! That is just cruel....and quite amusing..

Quote Originally Posted by Stefanus View Post
    This gave me a good laugh. Sad, but true...
    --SNIP_-

Don't post spam
    --SNIP_-

Don't post spam

LOL, That video is fucking hilarious! xD
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-04-10 at 06:13 PM.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

I can replace that with Blizzard and make just as much sense as you did. If not more. Nost team did nothing to warrant this reaction, yet Blizzard did.
    You mean, aside from violating the law. But hey, laws are to be ignored when they get in the way of what we personally want, right?
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

You heard it here first folks. MC raids are harder than mythic 'arcade' raids in WoD.