Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Quoting myself here with the mod edit as a perfect example of why it's silly to keep this thread open. =/
    So because you can't follow the rules, the thread should be shut down?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by camicio View Post
    This x 10 would be the response if official Legacy stress test was going on by Blizzard.
    I am really hoping that Blizzard see these numbers and change their mind:
    So Blizzard should listen to ~2k of people instead of the ~10million who bought legion? you didnt do any business classes at all did you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Just a reminder since some people seem to need it: Discussing private servers is not tolerated.
    This thread is strictly for discussing Blizzard initiated Classic servers. The Fact a private server spurred some discussion on that front does NOT mean we allow discussion of private servers in general.
    If this thread tries to steer away from the intended topic, this thread is getting closed.
    TBH at this point this thread now belongs locked as the topic it was started for is dead and gone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Stress test is insane right now. You'll never see this many people in the world on retail It's good to be home!
    horay. many people on ONE place thats what a MMORPG is supposed to do.... NOT.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    TBH at this point this thread now belongs locked as the topic it was started for is dead and gone.
    The topic has changed, try to keep up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    It'll go up, no worries.
    sure to ~10k mayhaps

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    The topic has changed, try to keep up.
    no it hasnt the last two pages have been (ab)used to talk about illigal private server which is not allowed according to mmo-rules, so please try to keep up with the rules

10+ Year Old Account
    We could lock this thread but the currently intended discussion of Blizzard sanctioned legacy servers would not go away, and it is very likely that with the current uptick in publicity around the private servers out there makes it extremely likely that someone would start a similar thread again almost immediately. Might as well just leave the thread open then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Which is dumb and screams of Putin's Russia where gays are a myth
    really? you belive this forum is a democracy? silly kids these days....

Deleted
    no it hasnt the last two pages have been (ab)used to talk about illigal private server which is not allowed according to mmo-rules, so please try to keep up with the rules
    Read the mod post on the previous page and take your own advice.

Also, only people who have been abusing those rules since the mod announcement are people who are against classic WoW and private servers and are now trying to shut this topic down.

Deleted
    Crazy talk.
    There is always someone making threads about "Vanilla/TBC/WotlK > Retail because *reasons*"

This is now a trash bin for legacy servers and all vanilla threads.
    Just that now we can't talk about the N server anymore. LoL the "N" word have a new meaning in MMO-C.

So uhm............... what now guys?

So Blizzard should listen to ~2k of people instead of the ~10million who bought legion? you didnt do any business classes at all did you?
    Where did you get the information that 10 million bought Legion from? The last I read was that it sold 3.3million copies where did the extra 6.7million come from?

Quote Originally Posted by gowron View Post
    So because you can't follow the rules, the thread should be shut down?
    Since you have a hard time following along, I think the thread should be shut down because the very purpose of its existence is against the rules.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since you have a hard time following along, I think the thread should be shut down because the very purpose of its existence is against the rules.
    Enough of this. It's not. It's perfectly doable to discuss Blizzard and what they could or should do to make Legacy servers a thing, or even why they shouldn't make Legacy servers a thing.

I'm serious, constant repeating that you can't discuss things now will likely start making me hand out spam infractions.

A fun late night read.... from BattleNet...

It's cached on Google, and Blizzard already deleted it, apparently.

Hi

It took them 2 months to fk up the game!

GIVE US LEGACY SERVERS: Vanilla, TBC and Wrath.

Host those and we will be happy. Let ppl pick what exp they want to play dont force us to play LEGION that is a mess atm.

I would happy pay to play LEGACY so u can afford hosting a team behind them(not any of the current monkeys balancing LEGION).

You know there is a HIGH demand for this and still we here nothing of it from you BLIZZARD.

Give us a BONE damit!

I could go on and on about this.

Conclusion is that you BLIZZARD would make money hosting LEGACY SERVERS so what is the damn problem... we all know u value money infront of customers so this decision should be a nobrainer for you!

THE END
    http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...:eu.battle.net

As Blizzard attempts to pretend that customers can be told what they should like to play ... lol.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Enough of this. It's not. It's perfectly doable to discuss Blizzard and what they could or should do to make Legacy servers a thing, or even why they shouldn't make Legacy servers a thing.

I'm serious, constant repeating that you can't discuss things now will likely start making me hand out spam infractions.
    I'm honestly not trying to stir the pot. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you guys who are moderating this forum. I just personally feel like it's weird that the reason the thread was created is now at odds with the purpose of the thread according to recent events. It might be a bit confusing to somebody who is new to the discussion and starts from page 1.

But I digress. It's water under the bridge. I'd much rather have the discussion consolidated to one thread and I understand why you chose to keep this one open.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    A fun late night read.... from BattleNet...

It's cached on Google, and Blizzard already deleted it, apparently.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...:eu.battle.net

As Blizzard attempts to pretend that customers can be told what they should like to play ... lol.
    Maybe if the poster didn't act like a spoiled brat breaking multiple forum rules, it wouldn't be removed.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-11-20 at 10:39 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

When you asked something from your mother or father, and they refused your request, do you tell people that they gave you the 'middle finger' as well? I'm curious.
    Not sure how many parents stay silent for questions for months on end about questions, especially when they are being asked by 100,000+ people.

Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Not sure how many parents stay silent for questions for months on end about questions, especially when they are being asked by 100,000+ people.
    Except they have answered you, many times. The answer is: No, not right now and please stop asking.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Except they have answered you, many times. The answer is: No, not right now and please stop asking.
    It's similar to the flying discussion, where Blizzard consider the topic ended, but the people that rabidly keeps talking about it consider the silence on the issue a slap in the face.

And in the end, the only way for people to ever re-live anything close to a "classic realm" is private servers. Different expectations = different community. While unofficial realms get away with glaring classic issues like balance, broken combos and other design flaws, that wouldn't be accepted if Blizzard made their own. Cue the community divide. Any focus on retail vs legacy will spark flame wars. Though a lot of people seem to think that Blizzard could just get away with hosting a couple of realms and say "Here, have fun. Forget balance changes, new content, or GM support".

Oh, and of course that official classic realms would be more like, retail WoW but different numbers. It wouldn't feel anything like classic. A lot of that coming from newer net code that makes everything a lot smoother.

Nothing would harm the WoW community more than official legacy realms, but sadly that conclusion demands some actual considerations* on what effects legacy realms would have, and it's easier to just say "lol lazy bli$$ard"

*Shamelessly copying an earlier post of mine
    I don't think it's true that Blizzard "doesn't want to make legacy realms". People, especially those that are adamant that legacy realms are so easy to make because Nost 'did it', aren't willing or unable to grasp the sheer scale of such an undertaking if Blizzard were to do it officially.

Emulating some 1.12 version and writing a bunch of shoddy scripts and hoping it works somewhat Blizzlike is one thing, but when it comes to official servers:

Server infrastructure, since players then expect them to be as stable as live/retail. How many hours of work would it require to stomp out any unstable code in a very, very old game version?

Integration with battle.net? Your retail account? Paid server services like race changes and all that can entail (converting items, etc etc).

Who decides which patch to run? No matter which, there are glaring issues with each that people WOULD demand to be fixed or supported. Balance, bugs, certain designs that we now take for granted. Where will that line be drawn?

Designated team to handle Game master duty for legacy? Or should they be left in the dark?
    Community division where fixing of issues on Legacy/Retail would cause frustration in the other "camp". "Hey! Fix this instead!!"

More than one Legacy realm for each expansion? Paid service to transition from one to another? Account data conversion that can cause many things to break.
    Because yes, eventually people would demand that.

Release of new content, or will the legacy realms be an eternal stagnated shadow? Balance patches, or will OP classes remain OP and broken useless specs remain unusable for raiding?

Free if you're subscribed to live? Cheaper "standalone" account for just Legacy realms? Profitable? Realistic to support?

Anyone who's stuck thinking "Why don't they just throw up some servers, they have billions" clearly haven't given this much thought, instead just hellbent on repeating that "Nost did it with a bunch of volunteers". Yes, they did, and at the same time their undertaking would be a thousandth of what Blizzard would have to do up to their and current industry standards once there's an official seal of approval to go with it.

No one rages if you got disconnected on Nost, or if things are unbalanced, or certain bugs causes some stupid shit, or players abusing "safespotting" in Gadgetzan. Not getting professional GM help within a couple of hours, or expecting item retrieval or any other support to be "guaranteed". Once again, it's official, and the demands will start rolling in. Blizzard will not just throw up a couple of Classic/BC/LK servers in a secluded room, give people an IP adress to connect, and say "Here, have fun, hope it works". Legacy realms would be like maintaining additional game(s) for them. Not a hobby project that turned serious like Nost.

These are probably but a fraction of things Blizzard has to consider when it comes to supporting official legacy realms. But anyone that says it'd be easy or cheap are just deluding themselves. Or at least if you're also expecting some professional standard and support.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2016-11-20 at 11:28 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Strange ... from 2 weeks ago, some excepts from an interview with World of Warcraft game director Ion Hazzikostas:

"it's still something that we're discussing internally," but the hold up has been "more of a 'can we, should we, how would we, how do do we?' And where does that lead to in the end?"

"There's no question it's something we want to do," said Hazzikostas. "I am a 2004 World of Warcraft player myself. Tons of us came to work at Blizzard because we fell in love with that version of World of Warcraft."

"If we could just flip a switch and make it happen we already would have done that. The project is basically akin to launching a new game. The same way people say you should make Warcraft 4, it's a big discussion. It's something that requires a lot of deliberation," he said. "Basically, it's complicated and we're still discussing internally, but it's something we're taking seriously."
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2016/11/...king-seriously

I didn't see the No-response, you keep asserting is somehow their stance? Or the please stop asking part...

It will of course take time to develop, which is why we can't have it tomorrow .. or next week, or next month ..

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Maybe if the poster didn't act like a spoiled brat breaking multiple forum rules, it wouldn't be removed.
    Haven't you heard? The best way to further your cause and get what you want even as an adult is to stomp your feet, fire thinly veiled insults at the person you're trying to convince and just being an entitled asshat in general.