Page 28 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Watched that Brit play it, seems like a perfectly balanced game with no bugs or exploits..

Very buggy but I'm enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I'm actually amazed by its cutscenes and narrative for the genre.

I played a lot arpgs, the story might as well not be there in most of them. Still can't tell you WTF PoE is about despite beating the campaign multiple times.

I hope the growing pains don't kill this studio.
    So true lol, I know there's big bad Kitava but who is he, why is he there, etc, I have no fucking clue. Couldn't care less. Took me years to figure out the story of Diablo too, doesn't help that it's changed multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    So true lol, I know there's big bad Kitava but who is he, why is he there, etc, I have no fucking clue. Couldn't care less. Took me years to figure out the story of Diablo too, doesn't help that it's changed multiple times.
    That can't be possible. You just kill Diablo to save the world in all installments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Most I could get is "You end up fucking stuff up more when you try and help / fix things"

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That can't be possible. You just kill Diablo to save the world in all installments.
    Yeah, sure, that is indeed the gist of it.

I've tried the diablos torchlight and exile but it was just never a genre i could get into, i'd play maybe an act or two before dropping the games.

For some reason though I really like this one and haven't been able to drop it since I got it. Just finished the campaign and done a few expeditions at lvl 48 or something now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    There's a lot more to diablo than "you kill diablo".

10+ Year Old Account
    So what's the endgame mechanic in this game?

By that I mean... Path of Exile has maps, Diablo 3 has rifts, Grim Dawn has Shattered Realms/Crucible... What does this game have to keep you grinding when you get to the end?

Expeditions and rebuilding city.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post

By that I mean... Path of Exile has maps, Diablo 3 has rifts, Grim Dawn has Shattered Realms/Crucible... What does this game have to keep you grinding when you get to the end?
    There's apparently a system where you "rebuild" the city, and much of it is based around Diablo 3-esque rifts. My brother's been doing it a bunch and enjoying it quite a lot.

10+ Year Old Account

city building / expeditions. Expeditions are like rifsts, btu the city building part feels pretty unique. You pick a project you wanna start, then spend time in expeditions or the other major thing thats escaping my mind right now, then when you build up enough of a certainr esource the project finishes. Projects offer a variety of things that buff your items / gold / magic find / staches.

It's got this city building mechanic, where you run maps for resources to build different buildings, kind of a mobile game thing but you get things like extra stash, reforging ability for gear etc, and then there is also expeditions that you can add modifiers to make it more difficult, like monsters have +resistances or weaker creatures come back from death after being killed which raises your magic find and the further you go the harder it is but the better rewards.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    There's a lot more to diablo than "you kill diablo".
    Yeah, sometimes you stay a while... and listen.

So its a bit of a mix that I don't have a direct comparison to for other ARPGs but the more I'm messing with it the more I think its actually pretty awesome.

Light spoiler here: The idea is that the main hub town got destroyed a bit or something like that and you're working with the leadership to rebuild. How that works out gameplay wise is you have this map with a bunch of buildings you can create and then those buildings each unlock all sorts of things. Whether it be more missions to further progress the town system or expanding stash space, upgrading items, converting currency, etc etc.

You progress the city by assigning which contract you want to do at the moment and then running what are effectively PoE maps or D3 greater rifts. The difference here is you roll each map yourself up to 5 times and then pick which affixes out of 3 randomly generated ones you want it to have which increases your rewards for each one. Then when you do the map it'll always have 3 levels each one progressively harder that you can choose to go to BUT if you die you lose all the rewards and the gold you invested rolling the affixes.

So you have constant progression into the end game, as opposed to say PoE maps where you're just sort of mindlessly grinding or D3 greater rifts where you're just pushing up to a point and then mindlessly grinding.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Did they fix the 100% block efficiency build?

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Did they fix the 100% block efficiency build?
    yes can not exceed 75% now

any news on the game? I am planning to buy it tonight. I wonder, I live in Japan and is it possible to play this game online with the ping.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I'm still amazed about the fact that this game managed to pull off ingame cutscenes in a way Blizzard isn't and won't ever be able to.
    Not to mention that the atmosphere, especially in Act2 is so much better than in any other Diablo or aRPG in general.

When I compare the main hub in this game to...let's say Bastion Keep in Act3 (Diablo), I can't believe what Blizzard was and is still doing.
    I had so much fun just walking around and listening to the NPCs talking about what is currently happening around them.
    The really good voice acting helps a lot too.

When Damaskus started arguing with the nobles about allowing the population inside, or later when he actually did it and got flak for it from the noble houses inside his palace and told them to GTFO - that's pure gold... and how it should be done.

It's a bit of a shame really that this game has so many issues, even if they are minor by themselves, they add up.
    One, Blizzard could easily do so. Two, textures don't always load on cutscenes or load late, and the lip sync for dialogue is completley off if the character animated to speak, most of the time it just characters talking without moving their lips.

Blizzard already shown an in game cutscene using the game engine at Blizzcon and the combat reveal trailer has the old guy at a burial plot and a Druid walking to a town that are clearly in game engine cutscenes that look just as good if not better with proper lip syncing and talking animations.

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    any news on the game? I am planning to buy it tonight. I wonder, I live in Japan and is it possible to play this game online with the ping.
    Still a lot of problems, great game, but they were NOT ready for the amount of people on release.

That aside, who the heck goes with a server partner that only allows one hotfix a week?

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    That aside, who the heck goes with a server partner that only allows one hotfix a week?
    It sounds like that's also in part to avoid issues with the patches themselves as the team isn't really able to push so many updates so quickly without breaking other shit.

But also, an indie developer who crowdfunded a game and doesn't have a ton to throw at more expensive and feature-rich hosting.