Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I had a 100k purple stuff mission running with my exploit gold and its still there after they audited me so yeee hopefully it doesn't poof or something.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    And actual common sensie, life, family, relationships. Or seriously, moving because somebody cant play video game is a sign of some serious problems...
    Then just handle the fact that most of the world is connected all the time.
    The problem is you or the system you live in, not the rest of us.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Lets be realistic, game is a massive mess, if any game released in this state by any company that was releasing its second game, it would bankrupt from the refunds.
    It's not to me. I'm having fun, things that didn't work are being fixed and i'm able to do everything in game with no issues. Server architecture still sucks bad, that i just agree and there are crashes/falling through the world bugs that are really annoying.

But to me, it seems that no one remebers how when PoE started you had to use a /oos macro to make things work and spam it like once every few seconds.

Or when D3 servers were lagging because of too many stuff happening on screen.

Or the PoE meme builds that made people crash from the game.

It's not like these more famous and logically "better after years of improvements" games didn't have their amount of really nasty issues at the beginning.

What i fully agree though is the fact that they have showed a lot of inexperience and that the game needed a big "polish pass" before releasing, though at this point i don't understand what the people did during the years of development and the varoius delays the game has had. I only think that at this point, having bough the game long time ago in EA, these guys just fix the problems the game has.

I'm not saying the game is wonderful, or even good, given the issues. There's potential and a lot of interesting things and i just want to see where this road goes. I have already paid for the game long time ago so at this point why complaining. Wouldn't recommend to fried right now, at full price, until they're REALLY REALLY big fans of ARPGs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    whelp the BE nerf patch finally happened. and a whole lot of other nerfs, like crit damage percentages on nodes / affixes in general. Summons got buffed at least?

going 70k crits instead of 90k now but Im lucky. I didnt rely on the broken ailment BE build so the nerf didnt feel as bad. Still though, this patch, while probably necessary, does not feel good when stuff like spells still dont scale so build diversity is still low.

Im gonna see how far I can still get with my build but I also may remake another toon.
    Friend is playing a BE build and never used the momentum rune because he thought it was shit XD so nothing changed for him apart a slight nerf to crit damage/chance for all builds overall. So the skill is fine, rune is broken (now because it's really UP) but honestly there are other OP builds laying around. I am playing plaguemancer and all i got are fixes and buffs, not that i wasn't able to do things before. Another friend has a spell based build with protoss blades and ice nova and he's still reaping things at lvl 140.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Which is still a huge nerf since you can't really stack them and that increases the rage cost per strike functionally by x4.

I'll tinker around with it, but I can't say I'm super excited by these changes : /
    As said above, the skill is fine, you cannot just have 3x axes spinning and doing millions of hits like before.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic12 View Post
    The bat hitbox and issues with that monster in particular being unhittable is a known, officially confirmed bug.

And before you embarass yourself again, you're talking to someone in endgame who did all the HC-achievements. I know the game in and out whereas you didn't even take the time to check a list if known bugs, lmao.

You are definitely a wolcel.
    easy there my boy. i am handling them all good. just cleared act 2. having good time. No idea why i must be a wolcel but thank you 33, married, tenured full time job. being wolcel is a new for me lmao. less sucking more clicking with SHIFT

10+ Year Old Account
    The BE build is still okay, just picked the rune that gives +1 s duration (which was already still used with the momentum one), and changed the momentum to something else, sure I don't kill bosses in 3s now but I still kill them easily, being lvl 71 and doing/pushing lvl 109 expeditions with full affixes.

Frankly what I feel myself lacking isn't dmg but survivability, I need to push block efficiency without sacrificing chance and All resists.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    The BE build is still okay, just picked the rune that gives +1 s duration (which was already still used with the momentum one), and changed the momentum to something else, sure I don't kill bosses in 3s now but I still kill them easily, being lvl 71 and doing/pushing lvl 109 expeditions with full affixes.

Frankly what I feel myself lacking isn't dmg but survivability, I need to push block efficiency without sacrificing chance and All resists.
    I am sitting at 4k all res without the chest/helm double res talents. Have the talent that staggers damage, plus the golem rune that redirects some damage to it. Did a 125 last night and wasn't having survivability issues, but i plan to use the healing well skill when i unlock the 5th slot.

If anything, i'd like to increase damage but i need to understand what stats are going to affect my damage the most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I am sitting at 4k all res without the chest/helm double res talents. Have the talent that staggers damage, plus the golem rune that redirects some damage to it. Did a 125 last night and wasn't having survivability issues, but i plan to use the healing well skill when i unlock the 5th slot.

If anything, i'd like to increase damage but i need to understand what stats are going to affect my damage the most.
    It's only really an issue when I get frozen by some bosses but I wanna eliminate it completely, I also have around the same amount of resists, which amount to about 60%-65% dmg reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Skorpionss View Post
    It's only really an issue when I get frozen by some bosses but I wanna eliminate it completely, I also have around the same amount of resists, which amount to about 60%-65% dmg reduction.
    Yeah. From what i tested, the hp pool is not that important until you have enough of it not to get oneshot, and there's plenty of ways to mitigate damage and regenerate health. I'm lvl 65 and i'm dumping everything into Wisdom for just more damage and ailment chance. Have like 170 ferocity, 300ish toughness and the rest is wisdom.

I don't think i'd really need that much reduction but hey better not to die and take a little longer with clearing.

snip
    I dont know man, i know from our PoE discussion that you are on a casual mentality player style where you dont really care if you are enjoying it but..

My main passive still isnt working, despite 3 patches, no extra spells, its basically the Tal Rashas copy passive they have, Oracle of the Trinity/Omnipotence

My passives randomly get disabled still, i do 15mins with a certain attack speed, and then for 30mins i can barely attack.

Willpower/Rage conversion not working always after 1.0.7 and no,its not the staff shield the mobs have, it just breaks and stops working, guess what that means for a spell caster.

Spell damage scaling is still either not working, or broken, while if i decide to go Ailments, right this moment i will gain 2000% damage.

These type of things are unacceptable, they have been for every other game, but for Wolcen?

I guess the release is more minor than people believe so the outcry is minimal, and at the same time the hunger for some new ARPG is keeping everyone rather quiet.

I dont know man, i know from our PoE discussion that you are on a casual mentality player style where you dont really care if you are enjoying it but..

My main passive still isnt working, despite 3 patches, no extra spells, its basically the Tal Rashas copy passive they have, Oracle of the Trinity/Omnipotence

My passives randomly get disabled still, i do 15mins with a certain attack speed, and then for 30mins i can barely attack.

Willpower/Rage conversion not working always after 1.0.7 and no,its not the staff shield the mobs have, it just breaks and stops working, guess what that means for a spell caster.

Spell damage scaling is still either not working, or broken, while if i decide to go Ailments, right this moment i will gain 2000% damage.

These type of things are unacceptable, they have been for every other game, but for Wolcen?

I guess the release is more minor than people believe so the outcry is minimal, and at the same time the hunger for some new ARPG is keeping everyone rather quiet.
    I'd say the outcry is minimal because the vocal people have all already moved on. And soon PoE and D3 seasons will start back up and no one will care about Wolcen for another month atleast.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

-snip-
    I'm not taking away anything from your reasoning - i know it's not acceptable. I just think that right now either people moved on and got their refund or are still enjoying the game. I said i wouldn't recommend it in its current state.

There are OP builds around for mages, people are just fignoring them. A friend of mine is a pure staff/spell user and he's nuking everything. Stuff like THIS exists.

It's just that i'm having fun with it. I cannot lie and say that i hate it, because i don't. At this point, i'm on the boat that still isn't going underwater. Should it have been all fixed and working from the beginning? Obviously. Right now they're doing steps to make it happen.

I don't want to take defenses of anyone, just stating my point of view. I like this game more than PoE because after years of playing, the QoL thing this game has are way more interesting to me than a new league that's basically another "let's aoe zerg this stuff".

I'll be all over PoE 2 for sure though

snip
    Thats just the ailment build, figured out the scaling yesterday while waiting for Wolcen to re-download, somehow Steam broke it , then a friend that was retalenting next to me trying stupid tried it and was kinda obvious its bugged.

It will get mega nerfed, the bug seems to be that the damage should be on the type of attack only but its on everything, hence 125% extra damage instead of 25% extra on element/ailment.

Thats just the ailment build, figured out the scaling yesterday while waiting for Wolcen to re-download, somehow Steam broke it , then a friend that was retalenting next to me trying stupid tried it and was kinda obvious its bugged.

It will get mega nerfed, the bug seems to be that the damage should be on the type of attack only but its on everything, hence 125% extra damage instead of 25% extra on element/ailment.
    Ah ok, didn't actually watched the video as you know i like to create builds by myself. I may just have been able to get something with no bugged nodes - progress is slower but steady.

Again, not trying to make the game better than it actually is. Just for me (and for the fact i have it from EA and paid a lot less than full price) is "fine". As in "i can play this until i don't get fun anymore from it".

Feelings on combat after logging a lot more hours:

Pros
    -Definitely superior feel and pacing to PoE
    -Dodge is great addition
    -Everything feels more weighty and realistic
    -Not a mad explosion of shit going on so I can see what's happening

Cons
    -Being locked into animations is familiar (looking at you dark souls) but unwelcome, especially since the game is isometric and I can't see the animations as well from that perspective to precisely control them
    -In the same vein, not being able to dodge through enemies and being pathing blocked in an iso game is frustrating in ways it wouldn't be if it were normal 3rd person
    -lack of skills at the moment leaves something to be desired
    -attacks being performed where I'm currently standing instead of where my cursor is hovering. Using a melee skill when I'm not at my mouse's location should auto-path the dude to that location before he starts to use the skill.

Overall I think we have the building blocks for a vastly superior game to PoE IF they can stay focused and keep delivering new stuff.
    Last edited by BeepBoo; 2020-02-28 at 05:21 PM.

?
    It's working perfectly fine.
    It's 25% more damage as TypeX-Damage.

Meaning if you do
    1000 physical + 1000 rend + 1000 poison + 1000 sacred damage

and then gain 5 poison stacks, you'll deal 1000 physical + 1000 rend + 2000 poison + 1000 sacred damage.
    It takes 25%(or 5% per stack) of 100% of your damage and adds it to the corresponding type, just like the node says.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-28 at 11:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    ?
    It's working perfectly fine.
    It's 25% more damage as TypeX-Damage.

Meaning if you do
    1000 physical + 1000 rend + 1000 poison + 1000 sacred damage

and then gain 5 poison stacks, you'll deal 1000 physical + 1000 rend + 2000 poison + 1000 sacred damage.
    It takes 25%(or 5% per stack) of 100% of your damage and adds it to the corresponding type, just like the node says.
    Lol no it doesnt..You are describing what it should be doing and wronlgy at that.

The way it should be working as the tooltip stays, with your numbers, it should be doing 1000 physical +1000 rend+1250 poison+1000 sacred damage if you kill a target with poison stacks on.

I know the passive node says it weirdly, but if you mouse over the buff you get, you will see a "5" and "Increases <element it represents>".

Instead it add 25% to all damage done per buff, its easy to test out by your damage sheet, as example because i know it will get fixed, i only use Burn and Shock, when i have 5 and 5 stacks, all of my ailments go up by 50%, my poison shows 7.7k from 5.2k etc, when it aint supposed to because its supposed to buff my Burn and Shock by 25%, instead it does all damage by 50%, hence why its bugged and why people are currently abusing it.

Again, according to in game tooltips, but anyone with half a brain and some experience in aRPGS can see how the tooltips are described.

Even the node it self says "Corresponding" damage type.

Lol no it doesnt..You are describing what it should be doing and wronlgy at that.

The way it should be working as the tooltip stays, with your numbers, it should be doing 1000 physical +1000 rend+1250 poison+1000 sacred damage if you kill a target with poison stacks on.

I know the passive node says it weirdly, but if you mouse over the buff you get, you will see a "5" and "Increases <element it represents>".

Instead it add 25% to all damage done per buff, its easy to test out by your damage sheet, as example because i know it will get fixed, i only use Burn and Shock, when i have 5 and 5 stacks, all of my ailments go up by 50%, my poison shows 7.7k from 5.2k etc, when it aint supposed to because its supposed to buff my Burn and Shock by 25%, instead it does all damage by 50%, hence why its bugged and why people are currently abusing it.

Again, according to in game tooltips, but anyone with half a brain and some experience in aRPGS can see how the tooltips are described.

Even the node it self says "Corresponding" damage type.
    It doesn't say it "weirdly" at all.

it clearly says "adds 5% Damage as corresponding Damage type"
    It doesn't say "adds 5% damage to corresponding damage type"

I don't see how I'm even a litte bit wrong.
    My Fire + Rend damage does not get buffed when I use poison stacks. So I have no idea what you are talking about.
    As you mentioned, you can check that using the character sheet... and it's not working like you are describing it, at all.

The buffs themselves don't mention anything about increasing or whatever, it's just "Toxic damage (Poisoned enemy killed) - 5 stacks"

So... maybe you should use your half of brain then.

whether that is fairly balanced or whatever is another question, but it does what it says it does.
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-02-29 at 11:07 PM.

it says "adds 5% Damage as corresponding Damage type"
    It doesn't say "adds 5% damage to corresponding damage type"

I don't see how I'm even a litte bit wrong.
    My Fire + Rend damage does not get buffed when I use poison stacks. So I have no idea what you are talking about.
    As you mentioned, you can check that using the character sheet... and it's not working like you are describing it, at all.
    Lol, are you sure you are checking the ailment bug? I aint talking about damage on abilities which you seem to be doing.

The node is supposed to give 25% of the element as damage to the abilities, it also gives 25% MORE to all ailment damage, which is the bug i am talking about.

Basically, check your ailment damage. C-->Show Details-->Poison-->Poison Damage, as example, lets say it says 5000 for the sake of it.

Now get 5 Fire Stacks. Yes your abilities just gained 25% Fire damage and there is an extra tiny amount of damage when you press S-->And read Skill details.

So if your skill does 1000 damage, you gain 250 Fire Damage as extra on your Skill Details, which is the correct way it should be working.

At the same time, the bug, makes your Poison Damage Ailment hit for 6.250K instead of 5, from the 5 fire stacks.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-02-29 at 11:14 PM.

Lol, are you sure you are checking the ailment bug? I aint talking about damage on abilities which you seem to be doing.

The node is supposed to give 25% of the element as damage to the abilities, it also gives 25% MORE to all ailment damage, which is the bug i am talking about.

Basically, check your ailment damage. C-->Show Details-->Poison-->Poison Damage, as example, lets say it says 5000 for the sake of it.

Now get 5 Fire Stacks. Yes your abilities just gained 25% Fire damage and there is an extra tiny amount of damage when you press S-->And read Skill details.

So if your skill does 1000 damage, you gain 250 Fire Damage as extra on your Skill Details, which is the correct way it should be working.

At the same time, the bug, makes your Poison Damage Ailment hit for 6.250K instead of 5, from the 5 fire stacks.
    I see what you mean now, but I still wouldn't consider that a bug because it's still just adding +5% dmg to your total for each stack - which is what the skill is supposed to be doing.

The node basically says, with different words, "each stack you gain will increase your total damage by 5%"
    Since Ailments can't proc ailments, the "as corresponding damage type" has no effect on them - that part is however important for skills that apply them.
    If you'd change it to how you think it should work, it wouldn't be a 5% dmg buff.
    It would just "increase my poison damage *by* 5%", which isn't what the tooltip says - again, it says "increases damage dealt by 5% *as* corresponding element type"

The important part is that my overall damage gets buffed by 5%. That is what is happening. It would be significantly weaker for Ailment builds than it is for Spell/Attack builds otherwise (in a part of the passive tree that wants you to use ailments almost exclusively.)
    Last edited by KrayZ33; 2020-03-01 at 12:12 AM.

I see what you mean now, but I still wouldn't consider that a bug because it's still just adding +5% dmg to your total for each stack - which is what the skill is supposed to be doing.

The node basically says, with different words, "each stack you gain will increase your total damage by 5%"
    Since Ailments can't proc ailments, the "as corresponding damage type" has no effect on them - that part is however important for skills that apply them.
    If you'd change it to how you think it should work, it wouldn't be a 5% dmg buff.
    Pretty sure a middle node in the skill tree, aint supposed to make my dot from 6k to 20K.

I aint sure if you are misunderstanding but there 2 things happening at the moment

Supposedly only 2 ailments can be applied if you choose to play the node above it, i can assume it means "2 ailment effects", so the damage part maybe isnt wrong but even so, its retarded none the less for aRPG standards.

If you play all types, you apply all of them , and when a mob dies, you gain depending on how many, 25% more damage for each ailment type applied.

So, you can literally rotate just 1 dmg of each damage type in Wolcen, and you gain i think either 200%, or 225% more damage on all of those ailments, proccing from 1 damage of each damage type.

Cant really test if all of those tick together or they are overwriting 24/7 and just 2 of them tick for damage, but the mob has all the effects so you gain everything.

Ailments dont show as detailed, it doesnt show if your "Poison Dot" is doing 6k + 25% of each element and because ailments are all scaling together, the 25% of the element is a massive number, it just reads 18-20K on every single one of them.
    Last edited by potis; 2020-03-01 at 12:13 AM.