Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Was hoping for a story link, captain obvious.
    Took me literally 3 minutes, Capn. Learn to Google.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/ottawa/...perts-say.html

Quote Originally Posted by victork8 View Post
    Took me literally 3 minutes, Capn. Learn to Google.

http://www.metronews.ca/news/ottawa/...perts-say.html
    That's three minutes of navigating that shit-ass site that I avoided, Captain Rolls-around-in-the-filth.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with the process (except asshole cops when they happen) most of the flaws are part of a fair judicial process for the accused. This to me is far more important

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    That's three minutes of navigating that shit-ass site that I avoided, Captain Rolls-around-in-the-filth.
    Clever Sir. I might add that there's no comment section to shite in.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I reported rape the police laughed at me

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    I don't have a problem with the process (except asshole cops when they happen) most of the flaws are part of a fair judicial process for the accused. This to me is far more important
    The only obvious flaw is that the process seems to take between 2-5 years. That's insane.

"Come on guys, everyone knows that women are magical creatures because they have tits and a vagina! That means that they would NEVER tell a lie or make shit up, so if they accuse a disgusting, filthy man-animal of something, it HAS to be true, so she shouldn't be responsible for anything else than the initial incrimination! Anyone who says otherwise is a sexist pig-animal!!!"

^ Apparently what people who bitch about this stuff think.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only obvious flaw is that the process seems to take between 2-5 years. That's insane.
    Which isn't unique to rape cases. It's certainly a big issue for both victim and accused (right to speedy trial).

Quote Originally Posted by Vector Sigma View Post
    "Come on guys, everyone knows that women are magical creatures because they have tits and a vagina! That means that they would NEVER tell a lie or make shit up, so if they accuse a disgusting, filthy man-animal of something, it HAS to be true, so she shouldn't be responsible for anything else than the initial incrimination! Anyone who says otherwise is a sexist pig-animal!!!"

^ Apparently what people who bitch about this stuff think.
    I don't know where you've read this. But nice story man, 10/10.

Here we agree, but I'm not sure what the solution is other than removing some layers of protection in the overall justice process so things can flow more efficiently.

Wouldn't hurt to set aside some dedicated judges specifically to fast-track sexual victimization cases I guess - would also ensure they see enough of them that they're well prepared to deal with those cases too.

As far as I know the more serious a crime the longer it takes to go to trial.

Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    Which isn't unique to rape cases. It's certainly a big issue for both victim and accused (right to speedy trial).
    Not sure about canada, but in the us the accused has a right to a speedy trial. Not the accuser.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speedy_Trial_Clause

In addition, the accused may waive this right, usually to give their defense more time to prepare a proper defense.

I don't know where you've read this. But nice story man, 10/10.
    Pretty much every femicunt who's said that the burden of proof is on the person being accused, not the accuser.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    As far as I know the more serious a crime the longer it takes to go to trial.
    In the US if you are accused of a crime your lawyer will tell you the longer you wait to go to trial the better your odds of acquittal, people move away, forget things, evidence gets lost, etc.

( I see Schmeebs beat me to it.)

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    If this is a forbidden topic, go ahead and delete it.

Investigators went over the rape reporting process in Ottawa and found what they consider flaws.

If you had a daughter who wanted to report a rape, the process looks pretty horrible.

flaws on step three
    reason police want women to have sexual assault evidence kit taken is in the title of the kit so to give the police and prosecutor the evidence so to help convict the perp. It would be the same as wanting the police to find who ever robbed your house but don't want the police to enter your house to gather evidence who robbed it

flaws on step four and five
    the interview is so to help the investigator gather as much evidence as possible and if the perceived victim refuses to give that information it leaves the police no choice in many cases not to proceed because you have to show the grand jury or judge enough evidence to warrant the arrest

flaws in step ten
    it is the job of the defense attorney to do what ever is legal allowed in the defense of their client and as a matter of fact a defense attorney can have action taken against them if they don't

flaws in step 11
    that is the way it should be one should not be forced to take the stand in his or hers own defense and the proof belongs to the prosecution that the accused committed the crime not the other way around

last flaw
    it is meant so that it is difficult to get a conviction on any crime not just rape in the belief that if you make it difficult to get convictions the less of a chance you have putting some one innocent in jail

I don't know what women want. do they feel cases of rape need less of a burden of proof then any other crime? do they feel ones accused of rape are guilty till they prove their innocence? If your going to want the procedures rules and law change in cases of rape then you are going to have to change the procedures, rules and law in all criminals cases and you will have much more innocent people thrown in jail then what we already have a problem with
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-04-14 at 06:13 PM.

What a read. You go over it a few times and you get a feeling the real "flaw" the author finds in rape cases is that they don't end in instant jailing.

Quote Originally Posted by dethmourne View Post
    That's messed up.
    what is? your suggestion is people just point and others get locked up no proof at all? all this is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    what is? your suggestion is people just point and others get locked up no proof at all? all this is fine.
    Not at all, I think there's a lot we can do to improve the situation for the victim without compromising the rights of the accused.

Quote Originally Posted by dethmourne View Post
    Not at all, I think there's a lot we can do to improve the situation for the victim without compromising the rights of the accused.
    Name something.

Everything listed as flaws, afaik is there to protect the accused from false allegations.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    Name something.

Everything listed as flaws, afaik is there to protect the accused from false allegations.
    I think the victim should be entitled to legal representation to join them when discussing their complaint to the police. The false allegation concern is real, but we're so worried about false allegation that we've made things difficult for true allegations to happen because the person who just went through an emotionally traumatic person feels like they're the one on trial.

Additionally, I think during the court proceedings the accused and the accuser need not be in the same room at the same time; I'm okay with the idea that the victim's examination and cross-examination could happen with the accused being held in a temporary holding room in the courthouse while the victim's testimony is taken and cross-examination performed.

Police also need to be aware of certain documented cases where a "changing story" has been verified to be a result of the rape trauma leading victims to not be able to properly detail their situation on the first or even third retelling, the story changing each time, but the rape being later proven via extraneous means.