Elemental shaman weapon enchant

Hey guys, I was looking at some top ranks and I see ele shamans using a haste or crit weapon enchant, rather than the multistrike one. Most of these guys are at around 65% multistrike. Can anyone tell me if there is a certain breakpoint at which we should start focussing on other stats? I'm ilvl 740 now at 64% multistrike unbuffed. Should I switch to a haste/crit one? I can't seem to find any answers.

Thanks for reading!

Deleted
    You should just sim it

If the proc from Mark of the Frostwolf sends you over 100% Multistrike, then you are better off choosing one of the other enchants.

Founded easily on Icy-Veins: http://www.icy-veins.com/wow/element...ts-consumables
    Last edited by Tyze; 2016-04-15 at 06:30 PM.

Tough to say without simming it yourself. Haste does creep up on MS at high item levels, as does crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Euroguy View Post
    If the proc from Mark of the Frostwolf sends you over 100% Multistrike, then you are better off choosing one of the other enchants.

Founded easily on Icy-Veins

Well yes, that's obvious. But none of the shamans would go over 100%, hence my question. Anyway thanks for answering I'll sim.

Quote Originally Posted by Izilar View Post
    Well yes, that's obvious. But none of the shamans would go over 100%, hence my question. Anyway thanks for answering I'll sim.
    Once your trinkets/enchants go off it might go pass 100 I don't know.

Absolutely, nothing to do with capping since you more or less can't cap multistrike unless you use BRF trinkets. The real explanation is that Frostwolf actually just sucks and because haste and crit are close enough in value to multistrike anyway so thunderlord or warsong will be the best enchant with the decision between the two being determined by how much haste you have.

The reason frostwolf sucks is because it actually gives you less stats on average than both warsong & thunderlord, for some unknown reason frostwolf only gives on average 190 MS while the other enchants both give ~230 on average and so hence work out to be better.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Izilar View Post
    Hey guys, I was looking at some top ranks and I see ele shamans using a haste or crit weapon enchant, rather than the multistrike one. Most of these guys are at around 65% multistrike. Can anyone tell me if there is a certain breakpoint at which we should start focussing on other stats? I'm ilvl 740 now at 64% multistrike unbuffed. Should I switch to a haste/crit one? I can't seem to find any answers.

Thanks for reading!
    Hello Friend, and thank you for submitting this question.

As sadozzai, metioned below:
    The reason frostwolf sucks is because it actually gives you less stats on average than both warsong & thunderlord, for some unknown reason frostwolf only gives on average 190 MS while the other enchants both give ~230 on average and so hence work out to be better.

This is correct, on some thesis, as Multistrike becomes ele shamans BiS stat, with most BiS Gear obtained you will see as you already spotted, that people would cap to 65% UB multistrike, and with process, it will go way over, in my opinion, the weapon enchant does not bring any relevant how to say, an BiS enchant, cause you can never have to much multistrike, but does the encounter require you to have sick burst, then a little more haste might do the trick for you, to obtain better logs, and higher dps, due to the faster casts on spells.

In my opinion, it´s entirely up to you, what you decide to do, or to not do

best regards, stalliona.