Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    Deleted

China bans LGBT content on TV

source: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6913946.html

The Chinese government has banned depictions of gay people on television, as part of a national clampdown on “vulgar, immoral and unhealthy content”.

Censors said that television shows should not show story lines that “exaggerate the dark side of society,” that include gay relationships.

The report was posted on the website of the China Television Drama Production Industry Association on 31 December but was widely circulated in Chinese state media this week according to Hong Kong Free Press.

“No television drama shall show abnormal sexual relationships and behaviours, such as incest, same-sex relationships, sexual perversion, sexual assault, sexual abuse, sexual violence, and so on,” according to the news rules.

New regulations also warned against exposing underage viewers to content which could be considered harmful such as “underage love,” smoking, binge drinking, fighting and unusual or extravagant clothing.

Witchcraft, reincarnation and other supernatural beliefs are also not permitted under the new regulations.

“Scenes which expose the methods adopted by detectives and show in detail how they crack cases, thereby assisting criminals in coming up with counter-moves” are also forbidden.

Production companies were asked to actively promote content approved by the regulations.

The shows should “promote the excellent traditional culture of China,” “spread positive energy” and “contribute to the achievement of the Chinese Dream.”

Damn... with all of this censoring... what's left to watch ?

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Damn... with all of this censoring... what's left to watch ?
    Pretty much 95% of everything else.

They will do fine with these restrictions.

Deleted
    Well at least they banned all the things that they don't consider to fit China's pristine image, rather than specifically targeting gays. It is still China after all.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Good. It's disgusting. You can be gay for all I care but keep it private.

Deleted
    eew ugly and gay = gross . good for them

Deleted
    Why the heck does China have a problem with homosexuality when they have a population problem to deal with?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ117 View Post
    Good. It's disgusting. You can be gay for all I care but keep it private.
    You can be straight for all I care but keep it private.

and all those companies and artist that are boycotting NC for wanting to keep grown men from using the same bathroom as young girls will surely continue to do business with China just like they will continue to do business and perform in middle eastern countries that put to death homosexuals
    Last edited by Vyxn; 2016-04-17 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    Democracy says hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    You can be a Marxist piece of shit for all I care but keep it private.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyxn View Post
    and all those companies and artist that are boycotting NC for wanting to keep grown men from using the same bathroom as young girls will surely continue to do business with China just like they will continue to do business and perform and middle eastern countries that put to death homosexuals
    I say we boycott all goods made in China! This is an outrage!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    Democracy says hi.
    China truly is the world's shining beacon of democracy.

jesus christ whats next the return of concentration camps ? people should accept there are diffrent people on this planet and we all have to accept each other how we are
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    jesus christ whats next the return of concentration camps ? people should accept there are diffrent people on this planet and we all have to accept each other how we are
    I identify myself as a trigender nuclear submarine. How dare you not accept me!

Quote Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
    I identify myself as a trigender nuclear submarine. How dare you not accept me!
    yo man you can be a rainbow puking unicorn i still would accept you !

Deleted
    I am having more and more respect for them.You know, if the current trends continue - with the West degenerating itself, the Chinese are really gonna take over the world one day. Even now the historians of economics say that the history should be considered, not as it is now : before and after the birth of Christ, but before and after when the Deng Xiaoping opened the China to the world. Their growth is unmatched, not even by the Kaiser Germany after unification or the USA after the end of the civil war.

Chinese are pragmatics - if they think something is harmful, they ban it. Their example clearly depicts the shortcomings of democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by sztyrymytyry View Post
    I am having more and more respect for them.You know, if the current trends continue - with the West degenerating itself, the Chinese are really gonna take over the world one day. Even now the historians of economics say that the history should be considered, not as it is now : before and after the birth of Christ, but before and after when the Deng Xiaoping opened the China to the world. Their growth is unmatched, not even by the Kaiser Germany after unification or the USA after the end of the civil war.

Chinese are pragmatics - if they think something is harmful, they ban it. Their example clearly depicts the shortcomings of democracy.
    by this logic china is going to ban the internet sooner or later ban free speech and ban other stuff

by this logic china is going to ban the internet sooner or later ban free speech and ban other stuff
    That is happening in the EU already.

Deleted
    Well the internet is censored, and they protect their 'Internet' market from foreign companies who would love to tap in this massive population (while promoting their own companies).

Here you have Mark Zuckerberg bowing before Chinese propaganda chief just so he would allow Facebook in China.

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2016/...opaganda-chief