Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Bit late for that now. They can't really create an area they've referenced before anymore, because before is over now.
    I don't even understand what you mean by that sentence.

Why can't they create an area in Moonglade for the Order Halls for Druids?

Why should they? The Order Hall they created is perfect, it fits into the Lore of Druidism on Azeroth (much better than Moonglade, IMHO), and its super beautiful

Moonglade is used by every player at some point, for the Lunar festival among other things, sure they could cut off some part of it or hide it underground like the paladin order hall, but it wouldn't really feel right to me (the overall atmosphere of Moonglade is rather dark - its "Moon"glade afterall, Dreamgrove is bright and colorful)

Everyone else complains that they recycled some old boring area for some classes, and you actually complain that they didn't?
    What exactly is your complaint over the Dreamgrove?
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-04-21 at 07:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wall of Chyna View Post
    I don't even understand what you mean by that sentence.

Why can't they create an area in Moonglade for the Order Halls for Druids?
    They could. I think Huth just means that, if they're going to make a new place, it makes sense to make it somewhere actually new, since there's no reference to any secret druid area in Moonglade already existing, like there was for Light's Hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    They could. I think Huth just means that, if they're going to make a new place, it makes sense to make it somewhere actually new, since there's no reference to any secret druid area in Moonglade already existing, like there was for Light's Hope.
    Pretty much. While Val'sharah was already extant in lore, and a good fit anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rivin View Post
    Why does there need to be a mention of it? Why does the area need to be new? Rogues are in the Dalaran sewers, Shamans are at the maelstrom, Death Knights are in Acherus: The Ebon Hold.
    Last edited by mmoc61b25b4dba; 2016-04-22 at 08:00 AM.

Why does there need to be a mention of it? Why does the area need to be new? Rogues are in the Dalaran sewers, Shamans are at the maelstrom.
    Why does it need to be Moonglade? I still haven't heard a convincing argument.

The permanent night in moonglade makes it a bit of a depressing place to be all the time, imho.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-04-21 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post

The permanent night in moonglade makes it a bit of a depressing place to be all the time, imho.
    Frankly, the whole thing stinks of the Ravenholdt idiocy we had with the rogues. The Druids have a perfectly serviceable stronghold right next to the action, why in the world would they want to use one that is effectively in the middle of nowhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why does there need to be a mention of it? Why does the area need to be new? Rogues are in the Dalaran sewers, Shamans are at the maelstrom.
    It doesn't need to be new. But new isn't bad, either.

Deleted
    Almost 12 years of WoW and Moonglade has always been the Druid place.

That is like asking "Why Acherus: The Ebon Hold for Death Knights?".

That is like asking "Why Acherus: The Ebon Hold for Death Knights?".
    Because they could take the whole place and move it over.

Besides, Moonglade is still a Druid place. We just got another, which in my book is far better. That the new place is more exclusive than the old helps.
    "It's always been that way" is never a very good argument to not change something.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dreamgrove is so much better looking than Moonglade. Besides, Moonglade itself could not be an Order Hall cause due to Lunar Festival it needs to be available to all classes which Oreder Halls are not.

"Its always been like that" is no argument. Change can be good and bring fresh life into a game.

You teleport to the order hall anyway, does it really matter where exactly it is?
    Dreamgrove could be hidden in a forest in Val'shara or in some corner in Moonglade, who could even tell the difference, and more importantly, why would anyone care as long as the order hall itself is well designed and thematically fitting?

Deleted
    Because they could take the whole place and move it over.
    So why does it need to be moved over? You're saying Acherus was basically the right choice and because they could move it over, they picked it. Which means Moonglade would've been the right choice too, but they couldn't move it over so that's where it ended. So why did it need to be moved over in the first place? You get a teleport spell there. And Light's Hope Chapel and the Maelstrom doesn't get moved over there either. This is not an argument.

Besides, Moonglade is still a Druid place. We just got another, which in my book is far better. That the new place is more exclusive than the old helps.
    Yeah, I didn't want them to just take Moonglade as an Order Hall the way it is. Obviously I want them to make changes to it. Show that the Emerald Dream is breaking through and shit. Simple stuff. Whatever that Druid Hall on the Broken Isles looks like is exactly what they could've turned Moonglade into. Or like I said before, have a portal that brings you to an Emerald Dream version of Moonglade. That way Moonglade is still accessible for everyone, and the Druid Order Hall in Emerald Dream Moonglade would have been exclusive to Druids. Just that then you would have an Order Hall for Druids that reminds you of Moonglade, because it shares about the same shape, and you access it from Moonglade. It wouldn't have just looked the same as Moonglade. It would've been the primordial version of Moonglade.

"It's always been that way" is never a very good argument to not change something.
    And that's not the argument I'm making. The argument I'm making is, Order Halls represent the core of what makes your class. That is why shamans are at the Maelstrom. You pick a place that has significance for your class. For Druids that's Moonglade. Just like for Rogues it is Ravenholdt. But Blizzard are in both cases too stupid to see that. They've lost all connection with their game world and their fans. It's like this game is designed by a completely different Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

"Its always been like that" is no argument. Change can be good and bring fresh life into a game.

You teleport to the order hall anyway, does it really matter where exactly it is?
    Dreamgrove could be hidden in a forest in Val'shara or in some corner in Moonglade, who could even tell the difference, and more importantly, why would anyone care as long as the order hall itself is well designed and thematically fitting?
    Again, that's not been my argument. It was in response to the question why Moonglade for Druids. The answer is simple. Moonglade was the Druid place for 12 years. Always. And it still is. The question is stupid to begin with. It shows a lack of understanding for the game world.
    Last edited by mmoc61b25b4dba; 2016-04-22 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    What's more Druid-like than the Emerald Dream? Moonglade is lame.
    First of: Moonglade is awesome!

Second of: I am always up for new locations. And somewhere near Suramar that involves the Emerald Dream is absolutely perfect because it gives you the feel that Malfurion has been there before when he was under the tutelage of Shan'do Cenarius himself.

Know your lore.

And that's not the argument I'm making. The argument I'm making is, Order Halls represent the core of what makes your class. That is why shamans are at the Maelstrom. You pick a place that has significance for your class. For Druids that's Moonglade. Just like for Rogues it is Ravenholdt. But Blizzard are in both cases too stupid to see that. They've lost all connection with their game world and their fans. It's like this game is designed by a completely different Blizzard.
    Surely no place is more significant for us than the one where Druidism was born? You make an argument that doesn't make sense. Moonglade is not even close to how important Dreamgrove is for druids.

So why does it need to be moved over? You're saying Acherus was basically the right choice and because they could move it over, they picked it. Which means Moonglade would've been the right choice too, but they couldn't move it over so that's where it ended. So why did it need to be moved over in the first place? You get a teleport spell there. And Light's Hope Chapel and the Maelstrom doesn't get moved over there either. This is not an argument.
    We're in a fucking war. You want your main base in a strategically advantageous position, like close to the action, or near important resources. Acherus has important resources for DKs, and can be moved around, so they can do both. Light's Hope has important resources. Dreamgrove is closeby. Moonglade has neither.

They did pick a place of enormous significance and strategic value. I don't see the issue. Ravenholdt has some historic relevance, but no practical value, which, to a class that is entirely composed of opportunists, makes it worthless. Using Ravenholdt wouldn't fit Rogues at all and completely fail to catch the core of the class.

So far it comes down to "i dun wanna" on your part.

Again, that's not been my argument. It was in response to the question why Moonglade for Druids. The answer is simple. Moonglade was the Druid place for 12 years. Always. And it still is. The question is stupid to begin with. It shows a lack of understanding for the game world.
    Make up your mind already. Is it your argument or isn't it? It can't be both. It does show a lack of understanding for the game world though... on your part. Moonglade is a Druid place. So is Dreamgrove, and arguably a much more important one. Just one we couldn't access up until now.

Deleted
    We're in a fucking war. You want your main base in a strategically advantageous position, like close to the action, or near important resources. Acherus has important resources for DKs, and can be moved around, so they can do both. Light's Hope has important resources. Dreamgrove is closeby. Moonglade has neither.
    Oh, please. Don't pull this shit out of your ass. They didn't pick the Maelstrom or Light's Hope because of any strategically advantageous position or because of any resources. If it was about position then every order hall would be newly created on the broken isles. This is not what they looked for when they created order halls. They looked for cool. They looked for what fits the class fantasy. What resources are there in the plaguelands and at the maelstrom that justifies them being so far away from the broken isles? Water? Poisoned mushrooms? Get real.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adramelch View Post
    Surely no place is more significant for us than the one where Druidism was born? You make an argument that doesn't make sense. Moonglade is not even close to how important Dreamgrove is for druids.
    That whole "Druidism was born there" was pulled out of there asses. Moonglade was an established place prior to Legion. They could've just as well made up a place called Hullamabunga and said that it's in Tirisfal where these weird mushroom circles are and that that's the place where Cenarius celebrated his first orgy with dryads, therefore it's of great significance to druids.

This a place that was recently made up. When I'm talking about significance, I'm talking about being significant to us players. Like Moonglade for Druids. Like Ravenholdt for Rogues. Like Fray Island for Warriors.

That whole "Druidism was born there" was pulled out of there asses. Moonglade was an established place prior to Legion. They could've just as well made up a place called Hullamabunga and said that it's in Tirisfal where these weird mushroom circles are and that that's the place where Cenarius celebrated his first orgy with dryads, therefore it's of great significance to druids.

This a place that was recently made up. When I'm talking about significance, I'm talking about being significant to us players. Like Moonglade for Druids. Like Ravenholdt for Rogues. Like Fray Island for Warriors.
    Then it was good "pulled out of their asses". I like it, i think it is more significant and more fitting than moonglade.

Its a game they have to invent new stuff all the time....and lore wise it does make a lot of sense....

Sure Moonglade is important to druids and it still is, but apparently the majority of Players thinks the "new place" is great.
    (Majority because look at this thread and i havent read really anything that people dont like the Dreamgrove)

So in conclusion : The clear majority thinks its a good idea for various reasons. If we could have that on every issue ....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerxyrall View Post
    Then it was good "pulled out of their asses". I like it, i think it is more significant and more fitting than moonglade.

Its a game they have to invent new stuff all the time....and lore wise it does make a lot of sense....

Sure Moonglade is important to druids and it still is, but apparently the majority of Players thinks the "new place" is great.
    (Majority because look at this thread and i havent read really anything that people dont like the Dreamgrove)
    The new place does look great. And there is no reason they couldn't have recreated Moonglade to look like that. You think people then wouldn't like Moonglade the same way they do this new place?

It shows a lack of understanding for the game world.
    And you show a lack of understanding of druid lore on Azeroth, which existed long before Legion came along.
    Check back on all the Lore on War of the Ancients, where Val'sharah, Malfurion Stormrage and Cenarius show in Lore long before any of this discussion.

I still have not seen a single argument why Moonglade should have been preferred, other than "Its always been there".
    Lore doesn't agree with any of that either way, we have the birthplace of Druidism on the contintent we're fighting on, and Val'sharah as a zone is strongly influenced by the Emerald Dream/Nightmare as well.

It doesn't really matter if you think "they pulled it ouf their asses", its a fantasy world, at one point some writer did that with everything you see everywhere. Its what writers do.

The difference seems to be that many of us look at the lore as a whole, and you just look at the game itself. Moonglade was the only Druidic place in game, sure, but in Lore, it only plays a minor role.

Anyway there is no point in discussing this any further. Its not Moonglade, it never will be Moonglade, 99% of us like it where it is and find it rather appropriate. If you don't, well nothing we can do about that. You could always travel through Moonglade if you like it that much, there is a Dreamway portal there.
    Last edited by Nevcairiel; 2016-04-22 at 11:11 AM.