Deleted

StatSquish Addon - need help from an experienced addon creator

Hello everyone, so I've been trying to make an addon that simulates a Stat Squish because there seems to be quite a bit of demand for it. However, I don't have a giant amount of knowledge in LUA because its not really the first choice of coding people seem to take.

Now, here's my progress:

As you can see, I've made it so that you can scale your health and mana appropriately with the following usage:

/statsquish 1 - your default statistics. For example: 500,000 health, 30,000 mana
    /statsquish 0.1 - 10% of your statistics. Your health would now be: 50,000 health, 3,000 mana
    You can physically use any number to scale your statistics, as long as it fits within the 1 to 9999M mark.

However, I am struggling to make the damage also appear smaller. Could anyone lead me in the right direction?

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is neat mate

As someone who doesn't know a thing about LUA scripting, can't you code the damage like you do with other stats?

MSBT has the ability to change the likes of 1000 into 1k, or even numbers from like 423,523 into a rounded 424k, so I imagine you should be able to edit it like they do but to show a % of it instead of rounded or "k" formats. Maybe check their code out?

If you figure it out let us know! would like to try this out!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Soisoisoi View Post
    MSBT has the ability to change the likes of 1000 into 1k, or even numbers from like 423,523 into a rounded 424k, so I imagine you should be able to edit it like they do but to show a % of it instead of rounded or "k" formats. Maybe check their code out?
    SCT and SCTD, both similar to MSBT do work with the addon, but its not where I want to be with this addon. I want a standalone addon etc

Deleted

The problem here is not related to coding, it's about rescaling a growth function. When you linearly grow at lower levels and exponentially grow at higher levels, the squished growth at lower levels will be manifested on the fractions after decimal point. That's not something we players would desire and the integral types they are using are not capable of making fractional calculations, they are using integers. Anyway, this is precisely why they decided to boost our damage while fighting lower level enemies that have quite big health numbers. That's how you maintain the relative power of a higher level character without relative power difference at lower levels manifesting on the fractions.

Again, the numbers at higher levels are simply too big and you will not have meaningful numbers if you consistently rescale entire growth function. Like, the damage difference between level 1 and 10 will be on the scale of 10^-5 (made up number, just to get the point across). I will not bother to mathematically prove my statements here. They are quite intuitive I think.

The number problem in WoW is not solvable without affecting the relative power difference between expansion packs or even the power difference between levels within an expansion. So, I advise you to stop wasting your time.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2016-05-12 at 10:18 PM.