Deleted

Now Warlocks should stop stealing SP sets

With Legion and old god-void themed SP and shadow and light balance thingy discipline, I hope that there will be more shadow-old god-void themed sets. Personally I think that priest suffers from ugliest designs ever made, except for few beauties like soul priest and its mythic version, t8 and few others.

Blizzard became lazy beyond reason, TBC kind of lazy and we won't see different model pvp sets.

I never really understood why warlocks got that Sha armour, why did they get tentacle armour from dragon soul or why in the seven hells they have this beauty:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    With Legion and old god-void themed SP and shadow and light balance thingy discipline, I hope that there will be more shadow-old god-void themed sets. Personally I think that priest suffers from ugliest designs ever made, except for few beauties like soul priest and its mythic version, t8 and few others.

Blizzard became lazy beyond reason, TBC kind of lazy and we won't see different model pvp sets.

I never really understood why warlocks got that Sha armour, why did they get tentacle armour from dragon soul or why in the seven hells they have this beauty:

I guess they hadn't pinned down our class idendity at those points. Hopefully moving forward we'll see old god themed class sets.
    Personally i'd like to some sets being corrupted by our dagger. makes sense to show some insanity through our gear while we're slowly losing our minds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Infene View Post
    I guess they hadn't pinned down our class idendity at those points. Hopefully moving forward we'll see old god themed class sets.
    Personally i'd like to some sets being corrupted by our dagger. makes sense to show some insanity through our gear while we're slowly losing our minds.
    They can't even dye gear, I wouldn't get my hopes up.
    ( ° ͜ʖ͡°)╭∩╮

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    The fun factor would go up 1000x if WQs existed in vanilla

You do realize, like 2 of 3 priest specs are based around the Light, yes? And recolored non-sets are there.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Judex View Post
    You do realize, like 2 of 3 priest specs are based around the Light, yes? And recolored non-sets are there.
    No I don't. There are maybe two shadow themed tiers. Also you can't get recolor of pvp sets. And this Faceless beauty is a perfect fit

This is why I may be switching my main from my Warlock to my Shadow Priest. Still, as already mentioned, Shadow-themed sets will probably be few and far between. Hopefully now that they've locked down the identity, it will happen more often though.

- - - Updated - - -

They got it because they have always been the default anti-hero cloth class, so any bad-guy-oriented cloth armor appearance tends to go to them. Half of the Warlock class icon looks Old Goddy:

Disc is about both Light and Shadow. Hence, the class is about both elements at once. Besides, Warlock used to be experimental and steal around identities. Many people used to think of Affliction and Shadow as the same thing and some played Shadow through Affliction during most the time when Shadow was underperforming.

My point is, thematically Shadow is Void/Oldgodish and the Priest class is half Light/half Shadow. Warlock is fire/shadow and all of it is demonic in origin. Therefore, I see no argument besides the random cool factor for Warlock to keep those sets, especially now with the class identities being crystal clear.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    Disc is about both Light and Shadow. Hence, the class is about both elements at once. Besides, Warlock used to be experimental and steal around identities. Many people used to think of Affliction and Shadow as the same thing and some played Shadow through Affliction during most the time when Shadow was underperforming.

My point is, thematically Shadow is Void/Oldgodish and the Priest class is half Light/half Shadow. Warlock is fire/shadow and all of it is demonic in origin. Therefore, I see no argument besides the random cool factor for Warlock to keep those sets, especially now with the class identities being crystal clear.
    Disc wasn't at any point and is not about Shadow atm, and quite frankly with MB & Suffering gone it isn't looking a half-shadow in Legion either. Especially considering SW:P being replaced with PtW quite a bit.

Also, any kind of "evil" themed set looks fitting on wlock, no matter the spec. And you're proposing tetacled holy healer design for the sake of one spec.
    It'd be funny if it weren't so pathetic... No, what the heck, I'll laugh anyway.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks having Old God / Void sets still makes sense, although it is more fitting to SP (even though that's one spec of 3 for the class). SP isn't the only spec that taps into the Void either (Warlocks summon Voidwalkers).

The Burning Legion (Demons) and the Void seem to have a strange relationship. The Legion frequently summons Void beings to assist them, and Xhul in Hellfire Citadel works with the Legion to open up gateways/portals for them.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warlocks draw on the powers of Shadow as well.

Disc wasn't at any point and is not about Shadow atm, and quite frankly with MB & Suffering gone it isn't looking a half-shadow in Legion either. Especially considering SW:P being replaced with PtW quite a bit.

Also, any kind of "evil" themed set looks fitting on wlock, no matter the spec. And you're proposing tetacled holy healer design for the sake of one spec.
    Disc at Vanilla was the tree that had a few minor Shadowy additions, unlike Holy. Additionally, since MoP, the Light&Shadow balance for Priests has been fully established and it also refers to the Benediction/Anathema staff back in Vanilla too which referred to both elements being 2 sides of the same coin.

As for Disc in Legion:
    -You either choose PtW or Shadow Covenant. Also Shadowmend is baseline.
    -You have access to Schism, which is like the Mind Blast version of Disc.
    -Most of your artifact talents are related to taming the shadows or drawing power from them. Suffering isn't technically there, but the "Power of the Dark Side" talent is still there and thematically does the same thing.
    -Disc supports Shadowy talents unlike Holy. (Mindbender, Dominant Mind, Masochism, Dark Archangel in PvP, etc)
    -In our class hall, Disc is assigned with the Hall of Balance which represents Disc's nature of balancing the two extremes.

You could say that Disc uses Shadow as a means to an end and sometimes Light too. This is opposed to Shadow who plunges into the Void and Holy is about the purity of the Light.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Warlocks having Old God / Void sets still makes sense, although it is more fitting to SP (even though that's one spec of 3 for the class). SP isn't the only spec that taps into the Void either (Warlocks summon Voidwalkers).

The Burning Legion (Demons) and the Void seem to have a strange relationship. The Legion frequently summons Void beings to assist them, and Xhul in Hellfire Citadel works with the Legion to open up gateways/portals for them.
    Warlock has been explained in the Legion preview that it still draws from the Void in a sense, but mostly through the demonic shadow magic which is indirect and not as deep as the Shadowpriest one. It even mentions the comparison that unlike Shadow who becomes almost insane, Affliction takes what it needs. For me, it sounds like it has some relationship, but nothing direct and as meaningful as making it a core theme of the class.

In the case of Voidwalkers, they are "bound" with fel shackles. This is opposed to the regular void creatures who are unbound and labeled as aberrations instead of demons.

The only part where people, including me, considered Warlocks to be sharing the Shadow theme fully was in MoP which the "Warlock revamp". During that period, Warlock has Twilight spells, Void spells and all sorts of things that got removed after. It even absorbed Light through the Twilight Ward, jeez, they went overboard. Not to mention that with the Sha tier, before adding the Sha beast to Priests, it almost made sense for Warlocks to have it. Luckily, that became clear soon enough.

I'm so tired of the Old Gods = Eyeballs and tentacles hurrr durrrr... it's facile, childish, and not creative at all. The art for the hearthstone expansion, for example: They just stick mutated tentacles on something and call it OG. That's fucking stupid. It's not even a compelling way to meta-morph a character (for a GOOD example, check the Flying Dutchman's crew from Pirates of the Caribbean). It's fine of they're lame enough to make all the OG's themselves giant squids, but why in the hell should anything they empower instantly grow tentacles out of its face?

The stupid tentacles on voidform are all I can take (and I wish they'd remove THEM). If the tier sets are tentacle'd and eyeball'd up, I'm gonna be very disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pawestruck View Post
    I'm so tired of the Old Gods = Eyeballs and tentacles hurrr durrrr... it's facile, childish, and not creative at all.
    To each their own. I absolutely love it.

Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Pawestruck View Post
    I'm so tired of the Old Gods = Eyeballs and tentacles hurrr durrrr... it's facile, childish, and not creative at all. The art for the hearthstone expansion, for example: They just stick mutated tentacles on something and call it OG. That's fucking stupid. It's not even a compelling way to meta-morph a character (for a GOOD example, check the Flying Dutchman's crew from Pirates of the Caribbean). It's fine of they're lame enough to make all the OG's themselves giant squids, but why in the hell should anything they empower instantly grow tentacles out of its face?

The stupid tentacles on voidform are all I can take (and I wish they'd remove THEM). If the tier sets are tentacle'd and eyeball'd up, I'm gonna be very disappointed.
    why tentacles/face tentacles?
    Never heard of Cthulhu Mythos deities?

10+ Year Old Account
    people would have to actually read to know about H.P. Lovecraft and his amazing collection of works