Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Shield has 2k health, Bastion does ~450 DPS at point blank range, if you stand right next to bastion with shield up it will get down in at least 4 seconds, which is more than enough time to bring Bastion down as Phara
    Good thing you are 6 on your team then, so the shield really dies instantly with a Bastion on your team. Unless of course, your team knows shit and refuses to shoot the shield..
    Had a game yesterday, I was bastion, a Winston and Reinhardt came with the caravan, I just sprayed them down before they could even turn around and run, with ofc my team helping.

Not saying Bastion is hard to kill though, just pick Reaper, Tracers, Hanzo, Pharah, Widowmaker and make his life a living hell. Or Genji, McCree. Well, pretty much anything :P
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    How did that Reinhardt shield last longer than 1 second? Bastion melts those shields in split seconds if he focus them.
    Smart shield timing with them being too staggered. They had to keep trying to set up as we were the ones moving the payload.
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

Quote Originally Posted by Post View Post
    Smart shield timing with them being too staggered. They had to keep trying to set up as we were the ones moving the payload.
    Haha, nice. Why didn't they just set up a defence spot just around a corner or something and wait for you. The second you come around they got a bunch of damage just eating you all up from different angles, making it hard for your Reinhardts to block it all.

But yeah, Bastion and Thorbjørn is so easily countered. I rarely play them (nor do any of my friends I play with), there is just so many other good picks.
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Had a few games as Reinhardt where i dealt with Bastion myself, its pretty funny if you send your flying attack at him and he doesnt heal himself up.
    Dealt with a widowmaker the same way.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    Had a few games as Reinhardt where i dealt with Bastion myself, its pretty funny if you send your flying attack at him and he doesnt heal himself up.
    Dealt with a widowmaker the same way.
    And he didn't mow you down in the split second you lowered your shield? Sure, it will damage him, but still need like three of those to actually kill him. And that's assuming there's no healer around.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    And he didn't mow you down in the split second you lowered your shield? Sure, it will damage him, but still need like three of those to actually kill him. And that's assuming there's no healer around.
    Or that he just press E and heal him self up before the next E on Reinhardt is up again :P And a Widowmaker getting hit by that is bad.. So easy to dodge.

So i was playing with my buddy last night...and like all he played was Bastion. Heck in one match we had 3 bastions on our team.

I felt ashamed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    Defending a point? 3 Bastions, 2 Reinhardts, 1 mercy
    Get 2 Reinhardts for the shields
    Put Bastions behind shields
    Genji tries to reflect? Shields protect Bastions
    Snipers? Mercy will heal.
    GG

had a funny game before on that russian map, they all piled themselves up in that tiny room that faces the control point, they had 2 bastion, a rein, a winston and a lucio. rein keeping his shield up when ever he can, winston using his to fill in, lucio passively healing everyone and providing shields, bastions holding LMB. they wiped us a few times before we managed to kill them. i cant really remember how we killed them, i think our rein managed to ult into the room

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Feederino Senpai View Post
    Fun tip, pick Genji into McCree and laugh your ass off as you just reflect his ult and kills him.

"Its hiiiigh noo- *aaarh*"
    tbh mcrees ult isn't the issue, its the flashbang + fan the hammer that can basically 1 shot any character

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Nope, he wasn't the brightest bulb and the healer was busy healing the other guys.
    1. Hide behind payload
    2. wait for reload
    3. shoot
    4. giggle
    5. profit

Even if it doesnt kill him, a repairing Bastion is a not shooting Bastion.

Widowmaker was a timing thing, she was holed in a little hole. I throw, she moved and get it in her face.
    Actually it was more me trying zoning, worked really good.

So many people underestimate Reinhardts offensive possibilities, i guess that worked in my favor.
    Last edited by Zatachi; 2016-05-27 at 04:17 PM.

Has this been here yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Morae View Post
    Has this been here yet?
    His commentary is beautiful, but god is that painful to watch people potatoing so hard. That genji had like 50 opportunities to kill him and was apparently too busy staring at the ceiling or something.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Bastion is a noob trap

He's not a very good hero and he's not OP at all it's just that if you get close in front of him you're dead in a second. He's actually really easy to counter

with 20+ classes.. i think the game would be better balanced if 2 of the same class were not allowed per team. force people to mix it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McTurbo View Post
    with 20+ classes.. i think the game would be better balanced if 2 of the same class were not allowed per team. force people to mix it up.
    i wouldnt mind this at all, really annoying when i lock in early as someone i want to play, then the 5th person to lock in picks the same as me, leaving us with no healer, so im forced to change.

- - - Updated - - -

when competitive comes out, i cant see bastion having a place in high ranked play, hes just too easy to counter when you know what you're doing

Yet to have a game where the bastion team doesn't lose.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anyone that can peek shot is a direct counter to Bastion. Pharah, Widowmaker, Genji, to name a few. It really is as simple as that. As soon as one of these sniff out a Bastion, they just keep coming back for the easy kill like a raccoon to your trashcan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    He's far, far too powerful for his role. I've watched him in his killcam's and Play of the Games basically just swirving from target to target getting kills in barely two seconds while being far apart from each other.

He's basically the Techies of Overwatch. Yes, he can be countered easily. Yes, you just dedicated a good deal of your effort to countering one person and thus allowing the rest of his team free reign to do what they came to do while you're distracted or dead.

I just got out of a game where I was on defense so I just picked Bastion because I felt like "cheating." Eight player kill streak for standing in one spot where I was easily spotted. They continuously kept trying to sneak through the same paths to kill me so I press Mouse1 at them until they stopped. Finally killed by a mercy ultimate after being zerged and the bodies got back up.
    Only one player is required to conter a bastion, and you can do it easily, turning the situation into a 5v4 after he is dealt with. If your entire team runs blindly into the point knowing the enemy has a Bastion, that's their fault.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatachi View Post
    So many people underestimate Reinhardts offensive possibilities, i guess that worked in my favor.
    Can't count the number of times I'm playing Reinhardt, and the enemy team gathers up 3-4 deep RIGHT in front of me to shoot my shield. Charge, double kill, hammer smash, triple kill, emote pose for the lulz.

Bastion would only need very very very minor adjustments.
    He is fine.
    "Git gud".
    [Kawaii c@girl IRL]

Quote Originally Posted by endus View Post
    no, what's ridiculous is people trying to break down a highly-active competitive shooter to some napkin math about damage numbers on primary weapons alone.

Fights in overwatch don't involve you dumping your bullets into a giant sponge, like wow boss fights. It's a completely different environment, and you can't evaluate weapons properly unless you're a> factoring in all factors, including spread, damage falloff, etc, and b> including all other abilities available to each hero, and c> all weaknesses for each hero.
    napkin math. Lol
    i love it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    Yet to have a game where the bastion team doesn't lose.
    What about the game where each team has a bastion? One of them has to lose, no? ;-)