Deleted

Allari the Souleater's scythe

So if you've played much of the alpha/beta, you should be familiar with Allari, especially if you're a demon hunter. She is a unique Illidari in the sense that she does not use glaives like the rest of them, she prefers a scythe. Not any scythe though, but apparently a legendary soul-eating scythe. I think that's awesome and all but there's one thing bugging me...

It's a generic scythe model from WoD. It sorta ruins the feel that it too is a great weapon that could rival the power of your own great artifact weapon. She needs something a bit more special. Even Ahune's scythe reskinned with a purple-ish color/glow would be a lot better. Yes/no/maybe/idontgiveashit?

(PS. I would've posted this on the official forums but due to email fuckery battle-net doesn't detect any chars on my accounts, disabling me from making posts)

10+ Year Old Account
    +1 Much agree. I was like "Why's she so special??? My druid had that weapon 2 expansions ago"

As a minor NPC I don't think she merits the effort.
    The WoD PvP scythe does look pretty fittingly like it could steal souls.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a minor thing but I agree with you, it broke my immersion to hear it referred to as an "artifact" or "legendary" and it have a copy/paste model. I don't expect them to put the effort in to design one but it would be a nice addition if they did so. Because that is really unique as far as demon hunters go.

Quote Originally Posted by Rytingur View Post
    apparently a legendary soul-eating scythe.
    Citation needed. I played the Illidari starting experience & read the Illidan novel. Nowhere did it imply that her scythe was "legendary". The soul-eating power comes from her. It's basic demonic magic.

So there's a skinny Blonde NPC that fights with a Scythe, that happens to Eat Souls.

...Maka?

I kinda like her weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Veliane View Post
    So there's a skinny Blonde NPC that fights with a Scythe, that happens to Eat Souls.

...Maka?
    Soul eater reference
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Citation needed. I played the Illidari starting experience & read the Illidan novel. Nowhere did it imply that her scythe was "legendary". The soul-eating power comes from her. It's basic demonic magic.
    No she specifically references the scythe as an artifact that gives her those powers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    Do the first few quests in Azuna. She specifically describes her scythe the Souleater as a legendary artifact, much like the weapon we wield, and that it's special because, you guessed it, eats it souls. She's even titled Allari the Souleater, not unlike Alexandros Morgraine was titled The Ashbringer.

As for the guy that said minor NPCs don't deserve the effort, perhaps, but she's so far the most unique Illidari and has the potential to be so much more. Then again blizzard is equally likely to forget her and we'll never see her after the leveling experience
    Last edited by mmoc04689abd70; 2016-05-17 at 06:07 PM. Reason: forgot a word

Last character that I recall that had a soul eating weapon... We had to put down for making an undead army.....

Whenever I see her, I am like "gosh that would have made such a good 3rd spec".

Homophobia is so gay.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just looked up Ahun's weapon, and boy it does look great.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Whenever I see her, I am like "gosh that would have made such a good 3rd spec".
    Could be a potential hint for a 3rd spec they add later on