Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find the priest hall extremely bland and uninteresting. I dont find the 3 bubble rooms of varying light or darkness at all an interesting way to express the balance between light and darkness...its like the least amount of effort possible.

"Oh look its one huge empty room with a brightness gradient...youre welcome. Oh and we tossed in some candles because why not."

Deleted
    I'm not conflicted. The priest order hall is easily the most boring and forgettable of the lot. I sigh whenever I compare it to, for instance, the mage or paladin order halls.

For years my pet theory when it comes to WoW priests is that their development has been grandfathered by a well connected senior developer, who in reality is a bit clueless. Said individual cannot be sacked nor sidetracked promoted due to either office politics or connections, so here we are.

We just don't create whine shitstorms like rogues do. They griped so much, they got a lot of attention to details in their class hall during the course of the alpha. Named NPCs, class flavor decor, a combat ring, etc.

I like it. Yes it's small and forgettable, but everything is close together and the amount of running from one part of the hall to the other is minimal. Which is the only thing that will matter a few months into the expansion when the new shine wears off.

It is big, it is empty, it clearly lacks stuff. They could make it 10x smaller and it'd still be too big and too empty. I bet Blizzard just gone lazy, as they always do when it comes to priests, and just reused cancelled Karabor city assets rom WoD.

I like the wall of candles though. That's like the one and only one thing I remotely like in our classhall.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Dian Keto the Cure Master View Post
    Looks like it was supposed to be part of Auchindoun and they just cut it off to use as an Order Hall.
    Yes, exactly my thoughts.
    It is an embarassment.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshko View Post
    I like it. Yes it's small and forgettable, but everything is close together and the amount of running from one part of the hall to the other is minimal. Which is the only thing that will matter a few months into the expansion when the new shine wears off.
    But would it kill them to add some named NPCs and lore throwbacks like the mage and druid halls? Or just have race-specific flavoring like the paladins do in their nooks and crannies. It's just so empty and devoid of any kind of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddler View Post
    But would it kill them to add some named NPCs and lore throwbacks like the mage and druid halls? Or just have race-specific flavoring like the paladins do in their nooks and crannies. It's just so empty and devoid of any kind of character.
    Maybe they want for it to represent the void with a lot of empty room sucking away all fun and hope from the class?

There are a few named NPCs - Velen, Moira, Alonsus (granted they just sit around the centre), a Naaru, Scarlet crusade converts, Light elementals, probably more stuff once you get deeper in the class hall campaign. It doesn't look too empty anymore and I haven't finished the campaign.

Also I like how you get shadow elementals for dps dummies and light elementals for heal dummies

There are a few named NPCs - Velen, Moira, Alonsus (granted they just sit around the centre), a Naaru, Scarlet crusade converts, Light elementals, probably more stuff once you get deeper in the class hall campaign. It doesn't look too empty anymore and I haven't finished the campaign.

Also I like how you get shadow elementals for dps dummies and light elementals for heal dummies
    The light spawn dummies were gone when I last checked (few days ago).

Those were there for a while. I haven't seen any updates to the class hall at all since then. I think they removed the Light elementals too.

Compare the named NPCS in the mage, druid, rogue, paladin, and hunter order halls to ours. Nowhere near them. The lore detail, decor, character additions...

Those were there for a while. I haven't seen any updates to the class hall at all since then. I think they removed the Light elementals too.

Compare the named NPCS in the mage, druid, rogue, paladin, and hunter order halls to ours. Nowhere near them. The lore detail, decor, character additions...
    I only got the light elementals patroling around after finishing the quest for Sol but they are definitely there. Light spawn dummies were there I last checked (today).

The lore is there. It might not be the lore you wanted, but I happen to like the Naaru. I'd love for them to add more famous priests. Add Tyrande and Anduin I say, it'll be hilariuos having the heads of 4 alliance factions under the leadership of my forsaken priest
    Last edited by Goshko; 2016-05-27 at 03:39 PM.

I only got the light elementals patroling around after finishing the quest for Sol but they are definitely there. Light spawn dummies were there I last checked (today).

The lore is there. It might not be the lore you wanted, but I happen to like the Naaru. I'd love for them to add more famous priests. Add Tyrande and Anduin I say, it'll be hilariuos having the heads of 4 alliance factions under the leadership of my forsaken priest
    It's not because I didn't get the lore "I wanted". I don't have any issue with the Draenei theme. It's that hardly any of it exists compared to the flavor and details given to other halls. That's not up for debate. Qualitatively or quantitatively...

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked the idea of the shadow area being hidden underneath the main room. Imagine following a cobweb covered staircase the twisted downward in candle light. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Quote Originally Posted by Symmone View Post
    I liked the idea of the shadow area being hidden underneath the main room. Imagine following a cobweb covered staircase the twisted downward in candle light. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Giving the place a vertical layout rather than a big empty horizontal one would have been interesting. A shining beacon of light at the top, waning light and rising darkness in the middle, dark shadows at the bottom.

15+ Year Old Account
    I think we should have a secret area below the Shadow room where we have an Old God chained up

Edit: Or at least a Forgotten One.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Yvaelle View Post
    I think we should have a secret area below the Shadow room where we have an Old God chained up

Edit: Or at least a Forgotten One.
    Which would play well into a quest from Natalie. Something along the lines of old SM with the "secret" undead boss.

I also realized there's another hall worse than the Priest hall. So boring that I forgot it even existed, I tend to forget the class exists. Monks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Negridoom View Post
    How many Faceless Ones does it take to screw in a jelly fish?
    Two, one to screw the jelly fish in, and a second to rape the minds of the innocent.

Quote Originally Posted by Dian Keto the Cure Master View Post
    I also realized there's another hall worse than the Priest hall. So boring that I forgot it even existed, I tend to forget the class exists. Monks.
    Why, the shamans one sucks as well. Just like I said in one of my previous posts, about classes which always get the short end of stick
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

15+ Year Old Account
    Monks don't need a hall, they have a mountain monastery which is honestly pretty badass. They should have just improved the Monastery honestly.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter