Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Donald Trump flips on self-funding. Now accepting corporate donations

In a move that surprises absolutely nobody, Donald Dump has once again flipped on one of his primary policies - metaphorically laughing in the face of his supporters - by announcing he's no longer self-funding his electoral campaign and is now working with the RNC to work with all their major big corporation sponsors to raise 1 billion in campaign funds.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/18/politi...ors/index.html

Sooooo... the billionare businessman can't be bought, eh? But I'm sure he's TOTALLY not going to listen to those big corporations who are donating to his campaign and will TOTALLY do whatever he wants - right boys and girls?

So, Hooked? Vyxn? How are we going to spin this wonderful case of flip-floping? The Dump is now in the debt of Big Corporate America and will owe favors in exchange for campaign funds, just like he accuses Hillary of. You REALLY think those corps aren't going to give him money without a contract or agreement of some kind?

10+ Year Old Account
    When will Trump deserve a Megathread just like Bernie Sanders?

Trump needs money to run a national campaign, we know where he stands on issues that are important to us. We want the wall and we want to deport illegals and fix our trade agreements. I don't really care what he does after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    Trump needs money to run a national campaign, we know where he stands on issues that are important to us. We want the wall and we want to deport illegals and fix our trade agreements. I don't really care what he does after that.
    With this change in his policy, Deporting illegals and his trade agreement statements will now go directly against the interests of his corporate backers. He already lied to you about self-funding... Is it any surprise he has most likely lied to you about those things as well?

Maybe, and this is just a thought, but maybe the billionaire businessman is in this for himself - and not for you? Bit of a shocker to think of it that way, I know...
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2016-05-19 at 08:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Deporting illegals and his trade agreement statements go against the interests of his corporate backers. He already lied to you about self-funding... Is it any surprise he has most likely lied to you about those things as well?

Maybe, and this is just s thought, but maybe the billionaire businessman is in this for himself - and not for you? Bit of a shocker to think of it that way, I know...
    No his corporate backers just don't want to become enemy number 1, they better fund him or else. I think the Koch brothers are going to get f'ed because of their anti trump rhetoric, its a bad time to be a Koch brother. The lobbyists only have power over poor people that need their money, trump has his own money and doesn't need their bribes. He may use the lobbyists though for his own means, but he definitely doesn't need them for anything.
    Last edited by Hooked; 2016-05-19 at 08:40 AM.

Deleted
    Deporting illegals and his trade agreement statements go against the interests of his corporate backers. He already lied to you about self-funding...
    First off, the promise was to not take money from special interests, he has accepted personal donations for some time.
    Second, There is this 'Slight' distinction between the primaries, and the general.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    I couldn't say for sure, but it would be a Uuuge thread it would be a great thread.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a direct betrayal of one of the core tenements he ran his campaign on.

I bet his supporters will love this.
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf-mutes
    Or should I?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Did you search for one?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ald-Trump-2016

At least 1 or those 3 things will never happen, with how much spouting of nonsense he has been doing and back peddling maybe none of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    At least 1 or those 3 things will never happen, with how much spouting of nonsense he has been doing and back peddling maybe none of it.
    The wall is getting built if we need to build It ourselves.

10+ Year Old Account
    In a move that surprises absolutely nobody, Donald Dump has once again flipped on one of his primary policies - metaphorically laughing in the face of his supporters - by announcing he's no longer self-funding his electoral campaign and is now working with the RNC to work with all their major big corporation sponsors to raise 1 billion in campaign funds.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/18/politi...ors/index.html

Sooooo... the billionare businessman can't be bought, eh? But I'm sure he's TOTALLY not going to listen to those big corporations who are donating to his campaign and will TOTALLY do whatever he wants - right boys and girls?

So, Hooked? Vyxn? How are we going to spin this wonderful case of flip-floping? The Dump is now in the debt of Big Corporate America and will owe favors in exchange for campaign funds, just like he accuses Hillary of. You REALLY think those corps aren't going to give him money without a contract or agreement of some kind?
    If your going to engage in ad-hominems to try and prove your point, can we call Clinton "the Clit" now? No? Then call the fellow by his real name. Your not improving your statements by raging like a 5 year old on a Conservative thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    So in other words: People should be afraid if they didn't vote for him.
    And people still wonder why they call it fascism.

People voted for him because they didn't want a corporate puppet.
    Seems that worked out perfectly.
    The anti trump media is fascist and propaganda. Trump needs to create his own news sites when he becomes president and shut down the mainstream media for being anti American.

The wall is getting built if we need to build It ourselves.
    It will cost too much to build, way too much to maintain and take way the hell to long. Beyond that it wont do anything. Less then 1/3 of illegals cross the southern border, they enter from airports and just don't leave when their papers run out. Trump has jumped on an old bandwagon of tricking people into thinking some horde of bogeyman murderous Mexicans are storming through the deserts to take all our jobs murder us and rape our young. It is pure nonsense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    And he should ban everyone that disagrees with him!
    That will show those people for calling him fascist.

You're not getting a wall.
    Yup, clearly Trump's ego driven idea of the US is the only way it can and should be. If others agree they aren't American and should be punished. Land of the free? nope not unless you agree with Trump.

Trump is just like Ronmey, he flipflops on what he said on a weekly basis.

I also see a bit of Jeb Bush on steroids , he can't really answer a question on the spot and he needs a few months to figure out a answer for a simple question

And a bit of a lying Ted Cruz...a week doesn't go by when he doesn't make stuff up

Quote Originally Posted by tollshot View Post
    Like Joseph Goebbles did in the 1930s?
    It truly is amazing how he's fine for becoming another Nazi- like Germany.

Donald Trump flipflops on core issue, news at eleven.

Now the big corporate American may be in the pocket of big corporate America.

The anti trump media is fascist and propaganda. Trump needs to create his own news sites when he becomes president and shut down the mainstream media for being anti American.
    Working on the assumption you're a liberal double agent at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

You REALLY think those corps aren't going to give him money without a contract or agreement of some kind?
    Is that even legal to make a contact as per terms of a donation?

I mean sure I can see secret agreements but there's no way its like Trump could be prosecuted or anything if he turns around and tells everyone that donated to go fk themselves if he wins.

The only reason an actual politician would never do this is because that would be the end of their political career. Trump is not invested in a political career, he's just jumping in for a run at the top.

Basically it would be a politician breaking promises to their funders instead of their actual voting base. Not that I think trump will build a wall or anything. But there's really nothing holding him to keeping to any agreements he makes for the money.
    Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity

Deleted
    Well done kids

You all missed the actual news - and that is not Trump's flip-flopping, I mean who cares about that, Hillary has flip-flopped on every issue ever

Trump is now getting corporate donations

Big money is moving away from Hillary towards Trump, and big money always backs the winner, that is the nature of American politics

It's happening, prepare for President Trump

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Well done kids

You all missed the actual news - and that is not Trump's flip-flopping, I mean who cares about that, Hillary has flip-flopped on every issue ever

Trump is now getting corporate donations

Big money is moving away from Hillary towards Trump, and big money always backs the winner, that is the nature of American politics

It's happening, prepare for President Trump
    Big money actually does one better. They back both horses, so no matter who wins, they win.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...